It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot Kills Worker

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
It is not the first time responders to come attacking OP on whatever topic it just started, not to give time for honest posters to take position. If that continues, I'd review my participation in a forum where I am just one brink of a machine, with many more sophisticated and carefully directed brinks acting against what is my own free view on the matter. Thank you).

Welcome to the internet? Most every poster is an honest poster. Some people are honestly horrible.

"other people acting against your free will in the matter"

it is their free will to do so.

This may as well be a guy who got hit by a car... Stand in the wrong spot and you will get hurt.
I don't blame my knife for nicking my knuckle. My bad, I did that. I don't blame buildings for leaking nuclear waste into the pacific ocean.. Oops humans did that.

Robots by definition are mechanical slaves.. It could never be a robots fault.
When AI comes, which I am not fully convinced is possible, but something like it will come either way, and when it does I still couldn't blame it.. Would be like blaming a baby for flushing your wallet.. No purpose in it.

A smart culture would have an auto kill switch hidden in the code unaccessible to the "AI" .. This would be a shutdown and reset to factory default switch, that had so many layers, so many ways of stopping the AI from so many angles the AI would just shut down no questions asked.

This would be activated when or if the AI ever tried to edit it's own code..

Wait, I think I just explained the bible... LOL..

<< 1  2   >>

join