It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Where did he make racist or anti-LGBTQ or slander people who can "keep their subsidies" implications?

He's going after Senators and Justices.

Did you actually listen to the radio show linked in the story?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I "cannot deny" that happens to you? Of course not.

I'm just trying to gently suggest, in the spirit of the responses in this thread, that maybe we should stop using the universal shorthand of "progressives" or "conservatives" so commonly ... especially when we're taking exception to being unfairly grouped or categorized with others.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wouldn't go so far to say that Hillary is smart enough to flip flop. Sid Blumenthal probably told her to do it.
edit on b000000312015-07-01T18:55:50-05:0006America/ChicagoWed, 01 Jul 2015 18:55:50 -0500600000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

My take on the "darkest 24 hour period" was the joke the Supreme Court has become.

ACA - They say they cannot go against the wishes/votes of the people and support the ACA even though it means the word of law loses it's strength as a precedent.

the next day --

SS Marriage - They say they wishes/votes of the people mean nothing and the decision is made by majority of panel (liberal judges at present).

It is a farce and the American people now see it for what it is.

What happens when that esteemed panel is leaning right and decide to interpret law again? Will you not think it's the "darkest day in America" as well?

Imagine:
Imminent domain expanded to corporations

Search warrants issued by block/neighborhood

premarital/homosexual sex outlawed for public safety

All it takes now is a lawsuit and five votes. You rejoice because the votes swing your way.

But remember - The thing that makes you laugh will also make you cry!

edit on 1-7-2015 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Sorry, I see the same thing going on in this thread that duke is referring to ... there are posts here that are saying "that article unfairly groups all conservatives together" and then proceeds to refer to what "the left" the "progressives" etc. ALL do.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: beezzer

Hey beez, what is your definition of traditional marriage?
I would love to go somewhere with this, but the censors will cut it quicker than... poo.

Marriage is marriage, don't care who it is. As for the term "traditional"? I'm guessing that means between a man and a woman.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

You gonna vote for Cruz?

And in answer, You wrote:

another assumption, thats appropriate.........

Now, can you tell me PLEASE how I made an assumption when I typed: "You gonna vote for Cruz?"

As a question. I asked you a question.
A question.

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm pretty clear on the Darkest Days in American History myself ...

Pearl Harbor
9/11
Assassination of Lincoln
Assassination of Kennedy
Assassination of MLK

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with Citizens United or Hobby Lobby ... but "darkest day" ... come on.

edit on 19Wed, 01 Jul 2015 19:14:06 -050015p072015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That particular member loves to trot out the "you just hate Obama" line any time somebody says something conservative. So, while I see that some members devolved into assigning blanket pejoratives to liberals and progressives, others did not. Owing to the instant dismissal of the liberal leaning hit piece, I see it as simply more of the same from the very person making the observation.

So, yea. Irony indeed.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did you actually listen to the radio show linked in the story?

No. I read the article.

Was Cruz misquoted? I DID listen to the link that I provided to you.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wouldn't go so far to say that Hillary is smart enough to flip flop. Sid Blumenthal probably told her to do it.

Neither Cruz nor Clinton are "not smart" ... they don't just give the law degrees away at Princeton and Yale.

C'mon.
edit on 19Wed, 01 Jul 2015 19:12:37 -050015p072015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

link   

Now, can you tell me PLEASE how I made an assumption when I typed: "You gonna vote for Cruz?"

As a question. I asked you a question.
A question.

It was an assumption because nothing in any of my replies would even lead you to ask that question, infact I never even said his name i said "some politician"

It was an assumption because who would decide who they are going to vote for this early on? its not even through summer yet and the debates havent even started.......

Pretty clear what the intent was

Nice word games though
edit on 7/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Wait, what???

I had to take a break to watch the storm roll over, and enjoy the sun rejoining us afterward.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yep. We're hip-deep in irony in here, no doubt.

All 'round.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Not you, don't panic.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

The response was to Gryphon, who responded my to response to another member. Not you.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yep. We're hip-deep in irony in here, no doubt.

All 'round.

Hip deep is a.....

Conservative estimate.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Hip deep is a.....

Conservative estimate.

You are being very Liberal with your puns.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

It was an assumption because nothing in any of my replies would even lead you to ask that question

Dude. I started the thread to talk about Ted Cruz!!!.

Therefore, "Are you gonna vote for Ted Cruz?" is a perfectly valid question.

I'm hoping that the GOP voters will answer that question. It helps inform MY vote. If it's all the same to you, ya know. I'd like to know what I'm dealing with.

So don't answer it, then. I don't really value your opinion that much, but it sure reveals a lot that you are refusing to address the actual POINT of the thread -----
WHICH IS TED CRUZ AS A PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFUL.

*facepalm*

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join