It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not that I am Cruz fan but what did he say against any one particular race or races? Not seeing it.

'Cause that is the left's go-to for everything.

right...that's the "go to"....where would the left get any of these silly, nonsense ideas?....in your mind absolutely nowhere, because there is no more racism acccording to supreme court chief justice Roberts...it's all over.....so the left is just blowin' smoke right?....and of course, the people to ask about that, are "white men".....because they know racism when they see it

because the only racism is against black people? How ignorant is that statement........

But hey they banned the Confederate flag, sure glad racisms over!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think you missed my point.

If a Seattle Seahawk fan says, 'The day we lost the Superbowl to the Patriots was the darkest day in team history', who am I to tell them it was worse when they lost to the Steelers?

That is their perception.

Yes but when Ted Cruz, a sitting US Senator and presidential candidate, says that the SCOTUS ruling in favor of protecting basic rights for gays and lesbians is the darkest day in American history, it begs the question, what sort of perception is behind that sentiment?

I assume that Cruz was, like most politicians do most of the time, simply saying what he thinks the voters he's attempting to connect with wanted to hear. If that's the case, I'd say his comments come from his perception that as a whole, modern American conservatives reward intolerance of among other things, homosexuality.

If Ted Cruz thinks that conservatives respond positively to bigotry, who am I to disagree?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Can you quote from the actual radio show where Cruz actually said what the author of the article claims?

That might help to clear up the entire twisted tangents in the story.

Sounds more like Cruz was complaining about other points.

He never attacked the LGBTQ or the recipients of the ObamaCare subsidies and credits.

He was attacking the entire political system.

The article seems to be creating things from nothing.

No wonder the whole topic is skewed.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So proponents of traditional marriage are bigots?

That's the standard now?

I mean, Obama, Hillary were proponents of traditional marriage.

If that is the new normal, then I refuse to cooperate with it.

Just because you are for traditional marriage does not make you a bigot.

If you disagree with me, then you're obviously a racist.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They saw the light. They're reformed bigots. They used to be bigots, and it was okay when they were. Hell, Hillary is what, 8 months down the road to bigot recovery? I feel like she was against gay marriage as recently as last year but I may be mistaken.

It's a 12 step program. Meets every other Wednesday at the YMCA. Bigots Anonymous.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Hey beez, what is your definition of traditional marriage?
I would love to go somewhere with this, but the censors will cut it quicker than... poo.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

That's the standard now?

Tit for Tat bro!

Hating those whose don't believe as you do is now trendy!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

because the only racism is against black people? How ignorant is that statement........

Who said that there isn't racism against people other than blacks? Big fan of arguing against straw men? I think the point that you've missed is that out of the 239 years we've been a nation, for 80% of that time, the overwhelming majority of black people were either slaves or living under overt, legally sanctioned oppression, disenfranchised and denied basic civil rights.

How many years has racism against white people resulted in or been a integral part of a similar state of affairs for us? Oh none? So if racism against white people has had little to no impact on white people — EVER — how are these two issues of comparable severity? All bigotry is bad but lets not pretend that it's negative consequence are equally experienced by all.

Never mind, you're clearly inclined to pretend.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Who said that there isn't racism against people other than blacks?

Ummmm, the person I was replying to? its really important to actually look at who the comments are directed at to understand context.......

The rest of your post is irrelevant given the fact that my reply wasnt directed towards you

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

How many years has racism against white people resulted in or been a integral part of a similar state of affairs for us? Oh none? So if racism against white people has had little to no impact on white people — EVER

Ask an Irishman or Italian, or any number of other white immigrants in the early days.......to find out just how bad racism against white people can be

Or people in Africa.........

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
...it begs the question, what sort of perception is behind that sentiment?

Fairly obvious it is a religious conservative one. I may not agree with him but he is entitled to his views.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

How many years has racism against white people resulted in or been a integral part of a similar state of affairs for us? Oh none? So if racism against white people has had little to no impact on white people — EVER

Ask an Irishman or Italian, or any number of other white immigrants in the early days.......to find out just how bad racism against white people can be

Or people in Africa.........

Where is the demands for "reparations" from them?

They got over it and matured enough to know it's BS to use it as a political tool for politicians who could give a damn, but yet make those dumb enough to believe they do?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That's the standard now?

I'm a proponent of shredded chicken tacos, if Taco Bell stopped serving them tomorrow, I wouldn't characterize it as the darkest day in American history. It wouldn't be worse than say April 11, 1861, September 8, 1900, December 7, 1941, September 11, 2001 or October 26, 2001.

Hillary and Obama typify the neoliberal (and hence right wing) nature of the majority of politicians in the American "left." I'm not surprised that they're lagging behind. The only thing I can say is at least they're smart enough to flip-flop now instead of doubling down on stupid!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Good thing some people can actually "work" their way out of dilemmas and come to terms with identity.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So a bad liberal light fluff article using cruz to bash all conservatives, pretty weak.

But what do conservstives reply , all them liberals be bad.

Cant beat this kind of comedy.
edit on 1-7-2015 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That's the standard now?

I'm a proponent of shredded chicken tacos, if Taco Bell stopped serving them tomorrow, I wouldn't characterize it as the darkest day in American history. It wouldn't be worse than say April 11, 1861, September 8, 1900, December 7, 1941, September 11, 2001 or October 26, 2001.

Hillary and Obama typify the neoliberal (and hence right wing) nature of the majority of politicians in the American "left." I'm not surprised that they're lagging behind. The only thing I can say is at least they're smart enough to flip-flop now instead of doubling down on stupid!

Do you feel slighted by supporting Obama?

Sour grapes?

It's okay to be used, but being adult enough admit you were used and wrong is all part of growing up and becoming wise in a twisted world of lies......

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here you go.

HANNITY: Senator Ted Cruz is with us. How are you, Senator?

CRUZ: Sean, how are you doing? Today is some of the darkest 24 hours in our nation's history.

HANNITY: I couldn't say it more eloquently. I loved your comments yesterday.

CRUZ: The other check that the framers put to judicial tyranny was the power of impeachment. Under the Constitution, judges and justices serve during good behavior. By no measure is this good behavior. But here is the sad reality, a Senate that is willing to confirm Loretta Lynch, an attorney general who told the Senate she won't follow the law and won't follow the Constitution, there's no universe in which this United States Senate, with this leadership, would be willing to marshal 67 votes to impeach Justice Kennedy.

HANNITY: I think you can add [Chief Justice] John Roberts to the list, myself. But that's my own personal opinion. He's the one that promised to call balls and strikes isn't he?

Previously:

Right-Wing Media Respond To Nationwide Marriage Equality: "We Should Weep For Our Country"

After Marriage Equality Decision, Fox Analyst Questions Civil Rights Precedent On Integration, Interracial Marriage

Watch A Conservative Commentator Tear Up And Say The GOP Will "Become Relics" If They Don't Support Marriage Equality

Here, hope this link works. It's Cruz's remarks. Right there
edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What's even better comedy is a liberal pops in, immediately dismisses the left wing bashing (ie calling them racists) of conservatives as "weak" and spins it into more "conservatives are terrible" propaganda.

How ironic

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well isn't that special. Cruz always been a goober, that being said.

Thread reminded me of this video clip from Necessary Roughness (oh yeah)

It's a Fumble, fumblaya!

Makin' Copies (whoa, too 90s)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I hope you all can see that Ted Cruz is actually just doing marketing for his presidential campaign, he wants to stand out against other republican presidential candidates and the newly invented premise that they are 'lessening' their commitments to 'conservatives values'.

If the latest American never ending whine and moaning fest was about permitting frogs to live their life purple and not green, he would use "they must stay green" as his platform.

His platform is "how many of you are frustrated with republican leaders, here I am the stand out UBER conservative to them"

www.npr.org... to listen.

edit on 1-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join