It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
(I'm hoping my camp has archery and canoes!)

It does and more importantly, nightly panty-raids.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Well, that harmony ended quickly.

And you have no problem doing the same thing to folks on "the left" ...

Get that tree out of your own eye before you go after my splinter, Doc.

EDIT: Please demonstrate anywhere, anytime in which I have stated anything similar to "everyone on the right is racist."

If you can't, you might consider apologizing.
edit on 17Wed, 01 Jul 2015 17:03:42 -050015p052015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Gasp! OH! I see what caused this crapstorm!!!
It was the subtitle of the article.

Okay - so, I've removed that part.

Go back and look at the OP now, if you don't mind. www.abovetopsecret.com...
Hell, I doubt half of you even read PAST the subtitle!

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Gasp! OH! I see what caused this crapstorm!!!
It was the subtitle of the article.

Okay - so, I've removed that part.

Go back and look at the OP now, if you don't mind.
Hell, I doubt half of you even read PAST the subtitle!

Does it still call me a racist for not believing the same as you?

(oh please say yes, oh please say yes!)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It does and more importantly, nightly panty-raids.

OH YEAH...
does it involve twisting????

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Nope. I know you're not a racist. For heaven's sake!!!
I'm so damn sorry the publisher decided to make that subtitle. What I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT was the Friday doings, and Ted's sentiments.

Okay?

We cool?

*fist bump*

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Beezzer:

Do you believe that all members of a certain race have recognizable characteristics (beyond the obvious skin tones, eye structures, hair types, etc) ... for example, are all Lapplanders lazy and fishy-smelling? Do all Botswanians like soup?

If not, then you're not a racist ...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

OH YEAH...
does it involve twisting????

Yes, but only Conservative's nuts to make you happy.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Nope. I know you're not a racist. For heaven's sake!!!
I'm so damn sorry the publisher decided to make that subtitle. What I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT was the Friday doings, and Ted's sentiments.

Okay?

We cool?

*fist bump*

Might I recommend a different title and forum? You may get a better response from conservatives and others.

But high-lighting an article that refers to anyone who may think differently as racist might bring about an expected response.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Do you believe that all members of a certain race have recognizable characteristics (beyond the obvious skin tones, eye structures, hair types, etc) ... for example, are all Lapplanders lazy and fishy-smelling? Do all Botswanians like soup?

No.

And all Asians are great drivers.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You also wanted to discuss the article or Cruz's comments.

Most of the discussion has been about the article labeling conservatives as racist.

Beez isn't racist. Neither is my pops.

Guess they're closet libs?

God help us when they find out they're actually liberals....

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

How do you prove another person's personal opinion wrong?

By the pen. Mightier than the sword.

If one has a good case to help persuade the listener/reader (and I'm listening/reading) that the 'image' they have in mind is incorrect and inaccurate --- an explanation that negates the premise, then, you know - say so!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No.

And all Asians are great drivers.

LOL ... pointing out that if a comment is racial and positive, we don't react as badly?

Apt!

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I have asked the mods to consider changing the title of the OP to focusing on Cruz's comments about Friday's decisions.

I was under the impression we are to use the actual title of whatever article we are sourcing as the title of the thread.
I guess not so much in this particular forum.

link   

Well. I named one conservative who isn't racist. You named another. Then I named both of them at once.

So like...do you want a list of conservatives who aren't racist gay-bashers or something?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Problems in America

Prostitution - 90% say they don't want to do it, and I imagine the other 10% were scared to tell the truth. Prostitution equals Rape. But if we film it, it is legal. Women don't want to be prostitutes.

Adultery - over 50% of marriages end in divorce, one of the leading causes is adultery.

Homeless - The disabled and dispared live homeless. I see the homeless sleeping on the doorsteps of the closed church buildings downtown.

Racism - because it's in the title of the article. I am sure God is not ok with Racism but I am not sure what it has to do with marriage equality.

Sarcasm... Apparently God is ok with the above, and everything else we do to oppress one another. But gay marriage is why we will be punished? End Sarcasm...

How about we feed the homeless, honor the marriage bed, and protect our women from prostitution. All of these seem more worthy of God's attention than two people consenting to a same sex marriage.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I think you missed my point.

If a Seattle Seahawk fan says, 'The day we lost the Superbowl to the Patriots was the darkest day in team history', who am I to tell them it was worse when they lost to the Steelers?

That is their perception.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I think that's only in the news forums.

To be fair, back on page 3 at the very top, you said you wanted to discuss the article and/or Cruz's comments. The article is being well and truly discussed.

Seems pretty clear to me that nobody here is interested in defending Cruz's opinion for him. From my perspective, it's his opinion. His job to defend it, which he will have the opportunity to do during debates. But it's not my job to make or break his opinion for him.

You don't want to think that all conservatives are like Cruz? I suggest you scroll back a few pages. Sure doesn't seem like they are to me.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Should someone (i.e. Ted Cruz) who wants to be the leader of the free world be a bit more ... circumspect in his public remarks though?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Although, the author did try to make it better by claiming that we're just deluded and that our racism is simply buried so deep we're not aware that it's racist.

*slaps forehead*

Okay, NOW you are being deliberately obtuse. I'm not buying it.

I have already said I want to talk about TED CRUZ and what he said.

OKAY? Got it???

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join