It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Ted Cruz is an idiot. I've heard many say that he's so smart... I don't know who they're comparing him to. Saying what he said about this week's rulings and seeing the defensive reaction here, just shows how scared some people are that this country's pendulum has reached the extreme right and is now on its way back toward the more liberal direction.

originally posted by: ketsuko
Why do we always have to defend ourselves to suit you?

You don't. Why do you do it? Like Burdman says, why do you care about it?

a reply to: Gryphon66

Best post award!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

i thought Progressives want everything in the name of diversity and tolerance?

Only under their definitions of the terms.

So, all Progressives, everywhere think exactly the same thing, hold exactly the same beliefs, act in exactly the same way?

Do I have that right, er, well, you know?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Stop pulling the "Saul Alinsky card." I'm not saying that all conservatives are bigots, but lets not all stick our heads in the sand and pretend that bigots don't vote Republican.

Consider the following quote from Nikki Haley regarding the motivations of Dylann Roof:

we do know that we'll never understand what motivates anyone to enter one of our places of worship and take the life of another

or how about this remark from Jeb Bush?

I don't know what was on the mind or the heart of the man who committed these atrocious crimes.

Really? Was it a freakin' mystery that racism motivated Dylann Roof? He said so point blank to people before he did it, to the victims as he was murdering them and to police when they questioned him. Yet the need to deny the MERE EXISTENCE OF bigotry is so powerful among conservatives that they often can't acknowledge it when it's in their faces.

You don't have to defend anything to me and I'd personally rather you didn't because it pains me to see the contortions that otherwise sane and intelligent people are willing to go through to pretend that bigotry isn't only tolerated among conservatives, but often — as in the case of marriage equality — part of the platform!
edit on 2015-7-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hey, burdman, bud - can you help me change the title to Ted Cruz: "darkest ever 24-hour period" in US history. ??

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"Do as I say not as I do"?

Just sayin'

Also, isn't the constant repetition of "Saul Alinsky tactics" in regard to anything liberal ... ACTUALLY a Saul Alinsky Tactic?

Is it okay for conservatives to use Alinsky, but not liberals?

I feel like I'm pondering a Zen Koan.

edit on 16Wed, 01 Jul 2015 16:50:11 -050015p042015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

So, all Progressives, everywhere think exactly the same thing, hold exactly the same beliefs, act in exactly the same way?

As they all follow along with the same exact sayings. Almost if it was recorded and played back, I cant say if they hold these beliefs or not though....

link   

So long as you similarly admit that bigots also vote Democrat. Bigots are bigots and no party owns them.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Hey, burdman, bud - can you help me change the title to Ted Cruz: "darkest ever 24-hour period" in US history. ??

Unfortunately no, but I can ask another mod to do so. By participating in the thread I'm just a member like everybody else and am precluded from taking any moderating actions within this thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Everyone!

Let's DANCE!

(except for the racists)

(you just sit there and THINK about what you did wrong!)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

As they all follow along with the same exact sayings. Almost if it was recorded and played back, I cant say if they hold these beliefs or not though....

So ... you have no mental feedback or cognitive dissonance with saying "ALL Progressives ALL follow along with the EXACT same sayings"

... but you have problem with conservatives being automatically linked to racism and bigotry ...

EDIT: problemS .... my KGB heritage is showing ... like Moose and Squirrel
edit on 16Wed, 01 Jul 2015 16:53:46 -050015p042015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I'm so glad this thread is being made. Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

Not like the wonderful progressive liberals who are sunshine and smell like unicorns and flowers and are all wise and all-knowing.

YAY!

hehee!! I was thinking about you, beez, when I decided to post it.

I rubbed my hands together and thought - "well, well....this might be an entertaining conversation to watch on a slow news day....I think I'll post it and twist up all those panties even tighter".....and then I laughed to myself.

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

On Jeb Bush, it's no secret I have no love for him as a candidate.

But, let's be clear. Those remarks were made at a campaign stop on Friday, the shooting happened on Wednesday, and I'm not sure that an official declaration of motive had been made yet. There was a report of what Roof had said at most. Also, would it be wise of him to go out and publically declare racism given the events that had been happening around the nation in other places (Boston, Ferguson ...). Not only that, but just like you can analyze some of Obama's speeches and find clever rhetorical devices where he can say I did or didn't do or say this; this statement is similar. He can claim that he really didn't know what was in Roof's heart and mind even while knowing that racial animus had something to do with it.

Can you honestly say you know? Do you know what motivates a person to sit in a prayer meeting for an hour and then decide to massacre those people anyhow? Even if I were a racist, I don't know how I could sit among a group of people for that long and then kill them. So in that respect, I don't know what was in his heart or mind either.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Would you mind? Or, I can ask them myself.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: beezzer

I'm so glad this thread is being made. Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

Not like the wonderful progressive liberals who are sunshine and smell like unicorns and flowers and are all wise and all-knowing.

YAY!

hehee!! I was thinking about you, beez, when I decided to post it.

I rubbed my hands together and thought - "well, well....this might be an entertaining conversation to watch on a slow news day....I think I'll post it and twist up all those panties even tighter".....and then I laughed to myself.

Oh I'm finding these types of threads amusing.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Stop pulling the "Saul Alinsky card." I'm not saying that all conservatives are bigots, but lets not all stick our heads in the sand and pretend that bigots don't vote Republican.

Consider the following quote from Nikki Haley regarding the motivations of Dylann Roof:

we do know that we'll never understand what motivates anyone to enter one of our places of worship and take the life of another

or how about this remark from Jeb Bush?

I don't know what was on the mind or the heart of the man who committed these atrocious crimes.

Really? Was it a freakin' mystery that racism motivated Dylann Roof? He said so point blank to people before he did it, to the victims as he was murdering them and to police when they questioned him. Yet the need to deny the MERE EXISTENCE OF bigotry is so powerful among conservatives that they often can't acknowledge it when it's in their faces.

You don't have to defend anything to me and I'd personally rather you didn't because it pains me to see the contortions that otherwise sane and intelligent people are willing to go through to pretend that bigotry isn't only tolerated among conservatives, but often — as in the case of marriage equality — part of the platform!

OTOH, let's not be disingenuous and say that there are only bigots in the conservative camp. The left is full of bigotry.

Dylan Roof is a racist, however, he was a nut job. Did the Columbine shooters atheism cause their violent acts or were they a couple of nutjobs who identified as athiest? You inject a political agenda into a tragic event.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Psychopathology is the answer to your question. Racism may have been the trigger.

Roof is a homicidal psychopath. He even said something along the lines of "they were so nice to me I almost considered not doing it."

Almost.

There are racists across the country of every race (yes, racists aren't just white, *cue shock and awe*) who don't commit mass murder.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Why do we have to have so many labels for people? Whats with all the separations? Your playing their game. Why? You've gotta know by now that the game is rigged?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

So ... you have no mental feedback or cognitive dissonance with saying "ALL Progressives ALL follow along with the EXACT same sayings"

... but you have problem with conservatives being automatically linked to racism and bigotry ...

EDIT: problemS .... my KGB heritage is showing ... like Moose and Squirrel

Yet you have no problem painting all conservatives with the broad racist brush. "Hello, pot? This is the kettle."

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
Why do we have to have so many labels for people? Whats with all the separations? Your playing their game. Why? You've gotta know by now that the game is rigged?

So we can know what camps to send them to.

(I'm hoping my camp has archery and canoes!)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

AHA! We agreed on something! (Roof is a psychopath.)

However, let's not pretend that all sides of the political spectrum do not use tragic events to jockey for position.

There remain serious problems with racism in this country, and to ignore that fact is to propagate more catastrophes like this one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join