It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Respond to the ARTICLE, and to CRUZ's statements.

Show me how they are wrong.
Cool?
Good.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm so glad this thread is being made. Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

Not like the wonderful progressive liberals who are sunshine and smell like unicorns and flowers and are all wise and all-knowing.

YAY!

Yep! What we need are more outstanding liberal people in office, like Senator Robert Byrd.

link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The altered quote I posted in my first response is from the article itself. The word bigotry is originally racism.

Basically, the whole bits about the ACA and anti-gay marriage is being claimed to be "dog-whitsle" racism. So yes, the title discussion is entirely appropriate.

Although, the author did try to make it better by claiming that we're just deluded and that our racism is simply buried so deep we're not aware that it's racist. I suspect though he only did that so he had a CYA should someone accuse him of racism in turn because Cruz is Cuban.

link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

How do you prove another person's personal opinion wrong?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Making blanket statements about an entire group and espousing slanderous terms toward them is bigoted.....

i thought Progressives want everything in the name of diversity and tolerance?

i see no tolerance for anyones opposing view.....

Right, the only issue of intolerance in modern American society and politics is the intolerance of progressives for conservative's intolerance? Nice. Meanwhile, how much time, effort and money were spent and by whom to deny gay people a basic civil right? What politicians are making bizarre statements in the wake of the SCOTUS ruling?

Donald Trump makes remarks like the following and his popularity among who goes skyrockets?

They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

If conservatives don't want the stain of bigotry, then why don't they denounce it among their ranks instead of pointing the finger elsewhere and pretending like it doesn't exist?
edit on 2015-7-1 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How do you prove another person's personal opinion wrong?

Because they can suddenly read minds. See? They simply know what motivates us, and it has to be some evil motivation because if it were otherwise then they might have to deal with the idea that others have actual sincere and principled objections to their grand society and their ideas.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm so glad this thread is being made. Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

Not like the wonderful progressive liberals who are sunshine and smell like unicorns and flowers and are all wise and all-knowing.

YAY!

Yep! What we need are more outstanding liberal people in office, like Senator Robert Byrd.

Byrd was a republican. Didn't you get the revised-history memo?

The parties changes names a few years ago, or something like that.

I think it had something to do with leap year.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ooooo, it's so easy when you start putting things in that perspective. No wonder the left just utterly ignores every concern others have. They just assign a convenient negative label to it and *woosh!* no need to worry about it ... that concern is utterly irrelevant.

That quote you replied to is from the author of the article, madam. The AUTHOR put it in that perspective. I did not.

That bit you are now trying to pin on me is NOT from me.
Respond to words of the author of the article. DO NOT put those words in my mouth.

sheesh

If you all can't discuss this like grownups, then, well - then you can't discuss it like grownups.
Your Prezzy Wannabe said those things.

He's not mine. I don't claim him. If you do, then fine.

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

My dad: registered republican. Has been his whole life.

Doesn't care whether gays can marry. If they want to inflict it on themselves like heteros do, that's up to them.

Isn't happy that his insurance has skyrocketed across the board, but is happy for those who now have access to medical care. Wishes there was a better way to fund it, but still pays his taxes and premiums.

Article - debunked.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Stop playing Saul Alinksy.

Why do we always have to defend ourselves to suit you? It never serves any purpose other than distraction, and you are never satisfied by it anyhow.

And are you saying all of the illegal immigrants in this country are innocent? THat's a bad claim to make because none of them are. All of them broke the law.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm neither a republicrat or a demican, but what would Ted Cruz know about "God's protection"? He's about as Christian as I am. Though I'll give him props for decent acting. Since most people in the U.S. claim to be Christian, he probably figures he can't go wrong by pandering to the "moral majority".

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The Left Wing has every right to be knee-clattering scared of what they label "Conservative".

The November elections were a complete fire-hosing of the Democrat Party as a whole.

I think some of this "ultra" Conservative commenting by Conservatives might be a bit of a "rub-in".

It does seem to send the Leftists into a wild uncontrolled palpitating fibrillating frenzy.

All part of the campaign tactics.

Democrats need to sit back and relax with another Lime Rickey.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Ooooo, it's so easy when you start putting things in that perspective. No wonder the left just utterly ignores every concern others have. They just assign a convenient negative label to it and *woosh!* no need to worry about it ... that concern is utterly irrelevant.

That quote you replied to is from the author of the article, madam. The AUTHOR put it in that perspective. I did not.

That bit you are now trying to pin on me is NOT from me.
Respond to words of the author of the article. DO NOT put those words in my mouth.

sheesh

If you all can't discuss this like grownups, then, well - then you can't discuss it like grownups.
Your Prezzy Wannabe said those things.

He's not mine. I don't claim him. If you do, then fine.

Well if you disavow the article, then why did you post it?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Suck it up, Conservatives - THIS IS HOW America sees you.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

...and we conservatives should care about all of that because? I'm serious.

To ALL of my conservative brothers and sisters coast to coast I implore you all: Stop giving our detractors power over us! Apathy to asinine and baseless accusations and insults is the one response for which they have no defense.

Allow me to be the first to say it loudly: I DON'T CARE HOW CONSERVATIVES ARE VIEWED BY NON-CONSERVATIVES!!!! It isn't like bending over backwards and capitulating to all this crap has swayed a single strongly opinionated non-conservative to magically vote for a conservative running or has miraculously caused one of them to suddenly support any conservative platforms. The only reasonable solution here is complete and total apathy.

So Neocons, Right wingers, conservative libertarians, blue dogs, Constitutionalists, and even you cray-cray-crazy Christian Conservatives, join me in a collective "meh"
and celebrate the true freedom which is a purely apathetic reaction to inane criticism!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The article is written from a pretty obvious extremist position.

That being said, the thing that most of you "more conservative than not types" seem to be reacting to being lumped together with folks who have made obviously "racist" or "bigoted" comments ... and yet, almost every one of you in nearly every post has referred to everyone on "the left" or "liberals" (even in this thread) as if we are all exactly identical, all tyrannical/hateful/godless thugs ...

This doesn't cause any of you even a small pause?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

To talk about it.
Doy.

I don't "disavow" it - because I didn't author it!!! I saw it, I thought it might be something members would like to hear, and to discuss!

o_O

LIKE I SAID, if this article is wrong about how conservatives are, then please, by all means, I implore you!!!, tell me how it's wrong.
I don't want to believe it. Truly. But it's something that has been presented to my attention, so think of it as giving you all a chance to rebutt!!

Holy cow! Would you rather I don't think about it at all? Would you rather sweep these things under the rug entirely? It's out there, ketsuko. There ARE people who see the Conservatives (ALL of you) as a lump bunch.

Please, for the sake of our membership, help dissect that misperception and set us right. Don't kill the messenger.
I'm a member here, too.

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

i thought Progressives want everything in the name of diversity and tolerance?

Only under their definitions of the terms.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

To talk about it.
Doy.

I don't "disavow" it - because I didn't author it!!! I saw it, I thought it might be something members would like to hear, and to discuss!

o_O

And said you agree with it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If I cared overmuch what people thought of me, I would have stopped being a libertarian/conservative long ago.

However, if what we're discussion is Ted Cruz and what he said Daily Kos, Mediaite, Businessinsider, Talingpointsmemo and Salon all carried his remarks with far less incendiary headlines along with them.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Allow me to be the first to say it loudly: I DON'T CARE HOW CONSERVATIVES ARE VIEWED BY NON-CONSERVATIVES!!!!

okay

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join