It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: NavyDoc

FDR has been dead for 70 years, what's the relevance to the topic of modern American Conservatism? Wilson and LBJ were bigots too, again what would be the relevance? The OP is discussing living politicians who currently hold office.

Seems like you can't really argue with the OP's premise so you're deflecting?

Because the internment of the Japanese was brought up by the author of the article as an example of racist conservatives. He or she is the one who brought it up--I was just correcting him or her. The hit piece's author should do his homework before putting something stupid to paper.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Making blanket statements about an entire group and espousing slanderous terms toward them is bigoted.....

Then attack the author of the article. No need to attack me.

If you don't agree with the way in which much of America sees you all, then state your case, and then sit down.
I'd be delighted to know how you see yourself as opposed to how you are portrayed to millions of readers on a daily basis. You want to change it? What will you do about it? (Aside from trying to make me shut up, of course...cuz you can't....neener neener neener)

Jesus, people!! Can't we just talk about the article?!!!!!!!!

edit on 7/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Making blanket statements about an entire group and espousing slanderous terms toward them is bigoted.....

If you don't agree with the way in which much of America sees you all, then state your case, and then sit down.
I'd be delighted to know that you about it.

No YOU posted the article then go on to agree with whats being said in it

You are the OP of THIS thread

So of course were going to challenge you!

Lol what a ridiculous notion to come on here and post something and make accusations and then deflect to someone else....

Typical

Seems like people like you would LOVE for us to just sit down and shut up, you know in the name of tolerance......

Again no, most of America doesnt see us that way, only uninformed, antagonistic , intolerant progressives such as yourself do....and trust me youre NOT a majority
edit on 7/1/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

"Much of America" meaning about the same number of people who DON'T see conservatives this way. Y'know, since both main parties have roughly 40% of the population identifying with them.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

FDR has been dead for 70 years, what's the relevance to the topic of modern American Conservatism? Wilson and LBJ were bigots too, again what would be the relevance? The OP is discussing living politicians who currently hold office.

Seems like you can't really argue with the OP's premise so you're deflecting?

The ACA is an awful and cumbersome piece of legislation that is increasing the cost and regulatory burden of medicine and some people like it because they think it's giving them free stuff. The SCOTUS' decision was aweful and required Robert's re-defining language in the law to shoe-horn it into acceptance. Rather than doing what they were supposed to do, using the merits of the law as written and making their decision based on that, they had play language games, kind of like Bill Clinton and his whole "depends on what you mean by "is" issue form his lawsuit.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

So you create a threat entitled, "The Casual, Idiotic Racism of Modern American Conservatism," and then say that addressing the racism accusation is off topic?

I DID NOT CHOOSE THE TITLE.

It is the title of the article.

Sheesh.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Oh, no you don't.

Considering you said this:

I posted the article. I agree with it.

Previously in the thread. You own it as much as the author of the piece does.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

"Much of America" meaning about the same number of people who DON'T see conservatives this way. Y'know, since both main parties have roughly 40% of the population identifying with them.

The Squeaky Wheel get the grease?

Amazing how social media and the internet has made that statement so true, even though the majority pretty much tries to survive and not pay attention to political nonsense?
edit on 1-7-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The title of the article is a great example of how quickly a liberal has to resort to name calling when trying to rant.

Y'know, since we're making blanket statements and all.

Or repeating over and over and over again the same old tired worn out mantras they used during Obama's run for President....

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm so glad this thread is being made. Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

Not like the wonderful progressive liberals who are sunshine and smell like unicorns and flowers and are all wise and all-knowing.

YAY!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Actually, if you look it up, it's only about 24% with conservatives remaining at about 38%.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

I got you some Axe Body Spray for Conservatives Kick the Kitty day, did you use it?

edit on 1-7-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

No YOU posted the article then go on to agree with whats being said in it

You are the OP of THIS thread

So of course were going to challenge you!

Good Gawd.

You're going to challenge me because of an article title?

The article is what it is.
The part I wanted to discuss is Cruz's ignorance of what a 'worst 24-hour period' entails.
But, okay.

Carry on. If he's wrong, and I'm wrong, then defend yourselves. Don't attack me. Tell me how wrong he is. Tell me how it really is.

But I'm not in the mood to fight right now. So - you all carry on. It is a topic for debate, that is all.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

I got you some Axe Body Spray for Conservatives Kick the Kitty day, did you use it?

Yup. Also bought the shampoo and insoles so my feet smell lemony fresh!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I'm so glad this thread is being made. Conservatives are such racists and bigots and they are basically dumb and evil and they probably smell bad.

Not like the wonderful progressive liberals who are sunshine and smell like unicorns and flowers and are all wise and all-knowing.

YAY!

You forgot how we're cross-eyed and inbred and likely smell our own farts.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

YAY!

Time to break out our Club logo Wrabbit!

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My numbers are from a poll conducted October of 2014, and include those who identified as "leaners" as opposed to solidly one party or the other. The numbers changed to 41% dem and 42% rep after the elections last year.

If you've got something more current, then by all means...

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You forgot how we're cross-eyed and inbred and likely smell our own farts.

Not sure about you but I know for a fact Beez is a Geeper.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Wait, that went back to being "a day?" I thought it was still supposed to be a "whenever found, targets of opportunity" thing still?

PS - not a conservative, they just have better holidays.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo. Sad face

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes im challeging you because of the article you posted........

I find your denial of responsibility , AFTER admitting you agree with the article, hilarious......

You post it, say you agree with it, say a bunch of slanderous blanket statments, then when challenged try to separate yourself from it....

Thats......amazing

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join