It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Benjamin Franklin stood and addressed the Continental Congress with these words: "In the beginning of the contest with Britain, when we were sensible of danger, we had daily prayers in this room for divine protection. Our prayers, sir, were heard and they were graciously answered. All of us who were engaged in the struggle must have observed frequent instances of a superintending Providence in our favor....Have we now forgotten this powerful friend? Or do we imagine we no longer need His assistance?

I have lived, sir, a long time, and the longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: that God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

Do you have a link for that, please?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs
Here is a link to a Web page that proposes to shut down the 'myth' that Ben Franklin wanted three days of prayer to guide the Continental Congress.
The text of the speech is there in full. They admit that he made the speech
candst.

(post by fartsmeller46 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I wouldn't sweat it, Buzzy. Guys like Cruz are paper tigers, and have zero chance to turn the independents necessary to win the Presidency. Worst 24 hours in American history? I sincerely hope he gets the help / medication he needs. He sounds really down.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

True. Now it is 2015 and progressives have learned from history. Conservatives just keep going back and in circles then want to call it progressive-ism. New game words for the republican party this 2016 is progressive-ism and washington cartel. Cute. Low info voters will fall for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'm glad showered his blessings on America during the days of slavery...the golden days...but now this gay marriage stuff...God's protection is gone...
His god sounds pretty terrible...

new topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join