It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz's Reaction to Friday's SCOTUS Decisions

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Actually the biggest issue with Ted Cruz is that his father called for a theocracy in the US. God help us if he gains power.

originally posted by: beezzer
If its Cruz or Hillary, I'd go with Cruz, but only because Hillary is evil.

Beezer I would rather have Shillary than a Theocracy under Ted Cruz.

edit on 2-7-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Gryphon66
How about brothers and sisters that want to get married?

What about them?

Do you want to marry your brother or sister?

Nice deflection.

Are any of the 5 Supreme Court justices LBGT? Should they have voted the other way because they are not? Sounds like what you are saying.
edit on b000000312015-07-02T04:37:16-05:0004America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 04:37:16 -0500400000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

Was That legal before?

What SCOTUS said in it's ruling was that it's unconstitutional to deny someone the same rights you yourself are having.
If marrying your brother/sister, monkey, pig or cow is illegal for everyone, it would be just as unconstitutional for a state to write a law that allows ah, lets say farmers to do it, but not the rest of the population.

Other men and women can get married.
Why deny them the right if they are consenting adults.... just because you have some high and mighty religious beliefs and disagree with it doesn't mean that you have the right to stomp all over theirs.

No one mentioned animals. I mentioned two humans, and of course I meant consenting adults.

edit on b000000312015-07-02T04:34:49-05:0004America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 04:34:49 -0500400000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I agree and disagree with the article, though primarily agree. I wouldn't necessarily call it racism, at least not directly. These babbling retards like Te4d Cruz and Sean Hannity might even consider racism to be bad, although their definition of racism is far more narrow. The priority/level of concern towards racism, however, is considerably lower. In other words, they might think being racist is bad, and slavery is bad, but not nearly as evil and wicked as being gay, communist, or a feminist. It's their priorities that are just completely different. And screwed up. Racism is a problem that has always sat on the backburner as far as the current incarnation of the right wing was concerned.

It's one of many reasons I've made a break from the current wave of conservatism. They are having the same reaction to the granting of gay rights that the blatantly racist pro-segregation southern Democrats were having back in the day when the civil rights act and laws were passed. Ironic, really.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What about them?

Do you want to marry your brother or sister?

Nice deflection.

Are any of the 5 Supreme Court justices LBGT? Should they have voted the other way because they are not? Sounds like what you are saying.

Deflection? I responded to the typical inane response to marriage equality ("what about incest/bestiality/pedophilia/necrophilia) a bit flippantly perhaps, but my approach is to personalize the matter for you.

See, the matter of marriage equality is very personal for me ... so I was merely wondering about your own personal level of interest/investment in your question.

I mean, I get that there is a high chance that you were just participating in the standard responses to the issue at hand, but, I thought I'd give you a chance to prove otherwise.

Now, that settled, are you or someone you know interested in marrying a brother or sister?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think that Ted Cruz and all the other Conservatives having a freak out over the SCOTUS rulings released Thursday-Friday should be ashamed of themselves. Calling it the darkest 24 hours or the new 9/11 is more than just offensive hyperbole, it is utterly and completely repugnant.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I think that Ted Cruz and all the other Conservatives having a freak out over the SCOTUS rulings released Thursday-Friday should be ashamed of themselves. Calling it the darkest 24 hours or the new 9/11 is more than just offensive hyperbole, it is utterly and completely repugnant.

60% of America disagrees with Ted on this issue.

I think he just demonstrated that he's not really serious about being President of the US.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I don't think he has surrounded himself with good business managers. I'd have sacked them immediately and replaced them with people with a brain. The numbers for extreme evangelical conservatives is not high enough to win him a majority. He needs better number crunchers, marketing strategists and a change of overall strategy or he is just wasting his time with his " Guardian of the extreme right, The Conservanator" platform.

Can't stand the guy so am leaving the thread for gardening, 'cause technically I don't want another second of my day wasted.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

*rubs forehead with hands* I... just don't get it. Ted Cruz had the final say before he actually said it and yet... he still said it. Same with the stuff Trump's been saying. Do they not hear themselves? They've come down with serious cases of Foot-in-Mouth Disease to which they will, hopefully, not recover from.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog
a reply to: zazzafrazz

*rubs forehead with hands* I... just don't get it. Ted Cruz had the final say before he actually said it and yet... he still said it. Same with the stuff Trump's been saying. Do they not hear themselves? They've come down with serious cases of Foot-in-Mouth Disease to which they will, hopefully, not recover from.

I suspect that they have become infected with the semantic virus that seems to be propagating through our culture ... both are intelligent guys, successful ... and yet, they spew this asinine garbage that make them unelectable at the national level.

Some would argue "bread and circuses" but I'm finding it all a bit more sinister than that.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Brothers and sisters should not be able to marry each other due to the fact that incest-bred children have significantly higher birth defect rates. Taking into account that fact, the increased rates of birth defects of offspring, no child should suffer such risks... Of course whenever a child born, there is always a risk of birth defects, but when there is possibility of even lowering it (especially as significantly as incest increases such risk) it should be done. Thus in my eyes, whether consenting adults or not marriage between brother and sister should not be possible.

When it to comes to homosexuals, it should be their choice. No one will suffers directly from their marriage and if they want it, let them do it. If they are loving parents and adopt kids, the kids will be raised in safe and solid environment. Saying they should not do it because of religious freedom is as if saying muslims should be able to ban you from eating pork or drinking beer in front of them, because actions are forbidden in their religion, even though whether you do these or not, directly they are not influenced by it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Brothers and sisters should not be able to marry each other due to the fact that incest-bred children have significantly higher birth defect rates. Taking into account that fact, the increased rates of birth defects of offspring, no child should suffer such risks... Of course whenever a child born, there is always a risk of birth defects, but when there is possibility of even lowering it (especially as significantly as incest increases such risk) it should be done. Thus in my eyes, whether consenting adults or not marriage between brother and sister should not be possible.

When it to comes to homosexuals, it should be their choice. No one will suffers directly from their marriage and if they want it, let them do it. If they are loving parents and adopt kids, the kids will be raised in safe and solid environment. Saying they should not do it because of religious freedom is as if saying muslims should be able to ban you from eating pork or drinking beer in front of them, because these actions are forbidden in their religion, even though whether you do these or not, directly they are not influenced by it, you just do something in front of them, which their religion does not support, although your actions do not harm them directly.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I have no religious beliefs, I am a straight non-religious guy, non-US citizen, who believe in equal rights for all people.
What I did was pointing out to you that what SCOTUS said was it would be unconstitutional to deny someone the same rights you have, may it be man & woman, man & man or woman & woman makes no difference, they shall all have the same rights under the law.

You also asked if a brother and sister would wanna get married. I might have overworked my reply slightly - Still tho, brother & sister (as well as father/daughter and mother/son) marriages was illegal for all US citizens before the SCOTUS ruling and, hopefully, it will remain so.

edit on 722015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Brothers and sisters should not be able to marry each other due to the fact that incest-bred children have significantly higher birth defect rates.

So you would agree that people, especially women, over 40 years of age should not be allowed to marry due to increased risk of Down's Syndrome and couples that carry the gene for cystic fibrosis should not be allowed to marry due to a 25% chance of them giving birth to a child with cystic fibrosis?
Let's take it even further, women over 40 should not be allowed to have sex at all, due to the possibility that they may get pregnant and have increased risk of having a child with Down's Syndrome. They should be forced to divorce... right?

Would you be okay with two brothers getting married? No chance of children coming from that union
edit on b000000312015-07-02T07:20:30-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 07:20:30 -0500700000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

Still tho, brother & sister (as well as father/daughter and mother/son) marriages was illegal for all US citizens before the SCOTUS ruling and, hopefully, it will remain so.

Interracial marriages used to be illegal also.
So you must agree that it is wrong for people of different races to marry, following your line of thinking.

Why are you so opposed to two consenting adults marrying if they have fallen in love?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

See, the matter of marriage equality is very personal for me ... so I was merely wondering about your own personal level of interest/investment in your question.

I am on the record here at ATS as being unopposed to gay marriage.

Now, that settled, are you or someone you know interested in marrying a brother or sister?

I started a thread about a woman that is currently dating her father and they have been having sex... now they want to marry and have children. New York Magazine did an article on the story and my thread was put in the trash bin.
I did not link the story to the story of the SCOTUS ruling on gay marriage in my OP.

edit on b000000312015-07-02T06:27:55-05:0006America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jul 2015 06:27:55 -0500600000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock

Please point out to me where I've said I am AGAINST any adult persons to get married........

Still tho, brother & sister (as well as father/daughter and mother/son) marriages was illegal for all US citizens before the SCOTUS ruling and, hopefully, it will remain so.

Right there.
Link to your post.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

C'mon gimme a effing break............. why are you being so stupid.
I didn't mention skincolor because I thought that was obvious that it DIDN'T matter. But I also forgot to mention eyecolor, haircolor, if one or both were handicaped and a million other things and JUST TO MAKE MYSELF CLEAR - No, they doesn't matter either.......

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BobbyRock

C'mon gimme a effing break............. why are you being so stupid.

That wasn't very nice.
I answered the question that you asked. You said "any adult persons", which is at the core of this conversation. Some adults do not have the right to marry each other.

I understand that this problem that I am posing is very difficult for many deal with.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join