It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police take to social media to warn about 'faux gun' cell phone case

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And the point of this phone case is...?

Do you want to be shot by the cops? Because this is how you can get shot by the cops...

Everyone's on high alert right now, especially police officers. Why are people making their jobs even harder with a product so insanely stupid?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Maybe the intent is to legally weed out the dumbass population.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
anyone who is dumb enough to use it and maybe get shot by the police.... well they deserve it.... no sympathy

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Someone thought my vape was a gun the other day. Ima make sure I don't vape around any cops.

But hey, now they can say they warned us, eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I rarely agree with any reason for LEO's to exert lethal force on suspicion alone but this is dumb enough that I think I have to....anyone who buys one of these needs to be prepared for natural selection...smh.

I guess roll the dice if you live in an open carry state...

-Ninja

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well, just when you think people can't get any more stupid......

So, crowd collects around some arrest scene, watching as people do, and of course people take video of that sort of thing all the time. So, some idjit comes along, yanks out his cell phone to take video, in a case like this, and the cops, already likely tense from the scene, see a gun, and shoot. That's just asking to be shot!!! I'd have to side with the cops any and every time a phone case like that was involved!

You know, the reason for this to be made might be to deliberately cause more shootings of citizens by cops, to stir up more trouble.
edit on 1-7-2015 by LadyGreenEyes because: added thought

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Well, if the police did there job correctly, if this country wasnt headed towards being a police state, this would not be an issue. if we had cell phones 60 years ago and this product was available, i hardly doubt there would be any accidental shootings over it. today a cop will shoot you for a lot less then a look alike item. Guilty till proven innocent is how things work anymore, the good ole days are gone

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And the Darwin award goes to.....

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A product so moronic, it makes the left and the right agree on something. Not everyone will see the deadly potential of this phone, though. There have been other gun replica products. I have had people point them at me. Ha,ha cool phone can turn into OMG, I've been shot in an instant.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumStickNinja

I live in Kansas. As of today we have permitless open and concealed carry.

I can easily see an incident where someone reasonably believes a person is drawing his weapon with this phone case.

If I thought someone was drawing on me I because they pulled what looks like the grip of a Glock 19, I would draw and shoot as well.

This is such an irresponsible manufacturer.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Isn't it legally supposed to have an orange tip if it is a faux gun? If this case falls under that genre (which I think it should) then the mfg is breaking the law here, and should be forced to re-manufacture them with the required orange tip. My guess is they will not make enough money in sales to make up for the re-manufacturing process.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I am surprised that a connection hasn't been made yet, especially here on ATS. I created an account just to mention it. The connection I make is that there have been events captured on cell phone videos of LEOs DEMANDING that cell phones "appear" to be weapons and be put away and that they should not be capturing video for their safety. Which we know is not true and is another tactic to prevent police wrongdoings from being captured, posted and going viral. Now we have this conveniently ridiculous, yet realistic (while pocketed) cell phone case being made/sold and they are warning not to use this product for our safety... Well now it appears they have their excuse backed by this "truth", a real cell phone case that looks like a gun...pretty convenient. Now they have justification for demanding that cell phones be "holstered" while police actions occur.. I bet trace the money for the production of this product and it will lead to some group related to law enforcement. IF it is a product at all..could be just a picture of the one and only one someone used a 3D printer to make. just for the photo. Can anyone find a site online selling these things?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jappee
I am surprised that a connection hasn't been made yet, especially here on ATS. I created an account just to mention it. The connection I make is that there have been events captured on cell phone videos of LEOs DEMANDING that cell phones "appear" to be weapons and be put away and that they should not be capturing video for their safety. Which we know is not true and is another tactic to prevent police wrongdoings from being captured, posted and going viral. Now we have this conveniently ridiculous, yet realistic (while pocketed) cell phone case being made/sold and they are warning not to use this product for our safety... Well now it appears they have their excuse backed by this "truth", a real cell phone case that looks like a gun...pretty convenient. Now they have justification for demanding that cell phones be "holstered" while police actions occur.. I bet trace the money for the production of this product and it will lead to some group related to law enforcement. IF it is a product at all..could be just a picture of the one and only one someone used a 3D printer to make. just for the photo. Can anyone find a site online selling these things?

Quite the wall of text.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Yes. Aliexpress and Japan Trend Shop were two I found selling it with a quick search. I wont link the pages as ppl can search it themselves. The product costs approx. US$50 and comes in a variety of colours.

Dumb idea. Agreed.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If your in an open carry state I see no problem with this legally (though I would question your intelligence). Also Krakatoa makes a good point about an orange tip, although when worn like pictured a LEO wouldn't be able to see the tip anyways.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_

I'm not race-bating. I'm pointing out the actual, documented behavior of police in this country. There's a double standard, and it's there for everyone to see. if that bothers you, good, it should.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Assuming maybe the maker of the case thought people who want to look like they are open carrying for safety. But more likely a product for those trying to look "cool" or other-Ebay search is labeling them toys. Though, it's backfiring big time due to the area in warning.

other areas: Yeah, if you're in an open carry state, etc., it shouldn't be a giant deal. I see many people during the day with open carry where I live.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist
a reply to: SpaDe_

I'm not race-bating. I'm pointing out the actual, documented behavior of police in this country. There's a double standard, and it's there for everyone to see. if that bothers you, good, it should.

What does that have to do with the OP?

Anyone dumb enough to use a case like this deserves the consequences of using it. I know their is an ATS group that refuses to believe that civilians are capable of crime but that is naive and some hot head is going to see someone pulling this out and respond. With so many people on edge, police and civilians, a product like this is horrible.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'll tell you what the manufacturer was thinking. They were thinking there's a lot of idiots with money to spend. There's a lot of idiots who would think this is cool, which means there's a lot of idiots who would buy this product. Even if it's only 5,000 people that buy the product. At $10 a pop which I'm sure it's probably $15-$20 that's easily half a mill. They aren't the ones going to get shot lol Capitalism baby!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Population control?

Seriously, I fear for the teens who will think this will be cool to have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join