It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police take to social media to warn about 'faux gun' cell phone case

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Why has a cell phone case been causing a stir on social media, lately? According to some law enforcement officials, a case that looks like a gun is a dangerous product.

On Tuesday, New Jersey State Police posted images of the “faux gun cell phone case” to their Instagram and Facebook accounts.

“This cell phone case is a terrible idea,” the police department wrote on its Facebook page. “Officers do not have the luxury of time when making split-second decisions, while interacting with the public. We strongly recommend that you do not use this product both for your own safety and the safety of law enforcement officers.

Well....just when you thought you couldn't get someone to do something really "Darwin" worthy.....they come up with a cell phone case that does just that. Talk about asking to be shot. I am a big concealed carry proponent, but this is just plain stupidity in my opinion. This is likely going to get someone shot and I see it as a set back for carry proponents.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I have to agree with the police one this one , the police have shot people before , mistaking normal phones for guns .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This is insane, there is no way this is going to end well.

Second

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

This is insane, there is no way this is going to end well.

Second

Yeah...I have a hard time trying to understand what the manufacturer was thinking on this one.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have seen many stupid things, and this is way at the top of the list.

You are just asking to be shot accidentally by a Cop, they don't have time figure out you aren't pulling a real gun out.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
I have seen many stupid things, and this is way at the top of the list.

You are just asking to be shot accidentally by a Cop, they don't have time figure out you aren't pulling a real gun out.

Yeah....I can just imagine some idiot saying "Hold on, I need to make my one call" while reaching to his back pocket and pulling this out....

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

What an evil creation when we are at such a heightened level of anxiety over crazies with firearms.
What do you suppose the purpose for creating such a thing is? There is obviously nefarious motives here.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Why has a cell phone case been causing a stir on social media, lately? According to some law enforcement officials, a case that looks like a gun is a dangerous product.

On Tuesday, New Jersey State Police posted images of the “faux gun cell phone case” to their Instagram and Facebook accounts.

“This cell phone case is a terrible idea,” the police department wrote on its Facebook page. “Officers do not have the luxury of time when making split-second decisions, while interacting with the public. We strongly recommend that you do not use this product both for your own safety and the safety of law enforcement officers.

Well....just when you thought you couldn't get someone to do something really "Darwin" worthy.....they come up with a cell phone case that does just that. Talk about asking to be shot. I am a big concealed carry proponent, but this is just plain stupidity in my opinion. This is likely going to get someone shot and I see it as a set back for carry proponents.

What moron would think that was a good idea. Looks like it may lead to several examples of Darwinism.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you're going to carry a gun. Carry a gun.

Do NOT carry faux firearms, or any accessory designed to look like a firearm.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Wow...
Ya this is asking to get shot by police or anyone else really.

I can totally see what the manufacture is thinking though, I bet they are going to make some money off this.
We live in a very pro gun culture. I don't mean that as a bad thing, just the fact of the matter

The people that actually use it out in public are the ones I find stupid.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So long as you have white legs like the person in the picture, you'll be fine. After all, white people have the right to carry and the police don't seem too bothered by it.

Just don't swap to the darker models

edit on 1-7-2015 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2015 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Maybe I can get a semi-auto shaped case for my pool cue.

So damn stupid.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Time to start banning toy guns and knives. Yeah it's sad, what have they ( TPB ) done to our society? It's all downhill from here.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

Did you seriously just try to turn this into a racial debate? This has potentially deadly implications for any person, not just minorities, so please take your race baiting comments elsewhere.

On topic:
This is probably one of the dumbest things I have seen recently. The case doesn't even look very functional, so it must just be a novelty thing.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Next they'll design a gun that looks like a cell phone.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Here ya go!

www.taurususa.com...

Pretty close anyways...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I can totally see what the manufacture is thinking though, I bet they are going to make some money off this.

Until they get sued.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

Oh good. Race was brought up on page one. I hate it when a non race related issue makes it more than one page without race getting worked into it somehow. Also not recommended: being a jackass and walking around with an AR strapped to your back because you think you're cool, blatantly trying to provoke a reaction.

On topic: somebody already beat me to the "if you're going to carry a gun, carry a gun" remark. Borrowing from my comment about the video posted, don't be a jackass.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

LOL Thanks for the laughs, On the serious side of things I too cannot believe this creation is real.....Suicide by cop phone it is!

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Been done.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join