It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious crop patterns appear near Stonehenge (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

There are some studies of unbroken stalks here, kwakakev.com.... This phenomenon can be reproduced through very fine control of microwaves such that one side of the plant is heated more than the other. The heat is not enough to destroy the plant, only bend it. To think that this was done by art students carrying microwaves is not logical.

Eyewitness and video testimony of crop circles made by something else rather than man does show flying lights or orbs with the crop circle formed in a matter of seconds. I do agree there is a strong artistic aspect to many crop circles but for who the actual artists are is still a mystery.

edit on 1-7-2015 by kwakakev because: added link

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Here's a thought.

Bees are individual lifeforms but are part of a hive and the hive is a gestalt entity.

Maybe the fact that we have been messing with crossbreeding of corn to gain greater yeilds has somehow created a "corn HIVE" and the collective conscience has gained sentience.

Maybe this is the "Corn Hive's" attempt to try and get us to stop eating it?

This not only explains the recent emergance of crop circles but also the increased complexity of the designs.

Argue that one if you can eh?
edit on 1/7/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

To think that this was done by art students carrying microwaves is not logical.

Not carrying microwaves but a bit of a microwave , a magnetron.

Microwaves, Taylor suggests, could be used to make crop stalks fall over and cool in a horizontal position – a technique that could explain the speed and efficiency of the artists and the incredible detail that some crop circles exhibit.

Indeed, one research team claims to be able to reproduce the intricate damage inflicted on crops using a handheld magnetron, readily available from microwave ovens, and a 12 V battery.
www.iop.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

There are some studies of unbroken stalks here, kwakakev.com.... This phenomenon can be reproduced through very fine control of microwaves such that one side of the plant is heated more than the other. The heat is not enough to destroy the plant, only bend it. To think that this was done by art students carrying microwaves is not logical.

Eyewitness and video testimony of crop circles made by something else rather than man does show flying lights or orbs with the crop circle formed in a matter of seconds. I do agree there is a strong artistic aspect to many crop circles but for who the actual artists are is still a mystery.

Great points. Some crop circles are obviously man-made as there is proof, some may be man made, and for some there is not a shred of proof that they are man made.

The growth nodes where the stalks bend is an uncomfortable fact that the human circle makers cannot replicate:

Crop circles have been around for hundreds of years.

Here is one of the largest, most intricate and complex circle ever formed, and it occurred exactly one month before 9/11, coincidence?

Source

Here is a great legitimate and non-disinformation website on crop circle research:

Crop Circle Research

Countdown for the ad-hominem disinfo attacks..........3....2....1

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

There's a double trident in there too.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

So these handheld magnetrons were available in the 1950's and 1960's?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Maybe one day as the reverse engineering continues. As for the moment, who or what is making these patterns does appear to have a very fine mastery and power of this magnetron, microwave technology.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Heh, they're all looking particularly sloppy so far this year. Though I suppose it is typically July-August when the best go on show, when the crops more fully grown.

Certainly not a patch on one like this:

Quite how people could get say the shading along the top to work if they're creating it at night, and then just manage to do all the detail (this may have been a 2 stage circle, I can't quite remember) I don't know. But the circle in OP's... doesn't seem very ambitious. I'd agree it's probably a man-made one, not very spectacular, doesn't give me a vibe of extraterrestrial like some of them do... But crop circle season generally has a few wonders up its sleeve...fingers crossed

As someone mentioned the best way to know for sure is to visit and see how the crop is bent. When I visited one (next to Silbury Hill where one usually appears) the nodes of the crop had seemingly been fused into a new position to make the crop bent, there was no signs of flattening, no corn was broken etc. It's quite spooky (but cool) to see it like that, hard to tell what's really going on from a picture. And damned if people manage to manipulate the nodes of thousands and thousands of strands of corn in a 5 hour night slot...
edit on 1-7-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I do agree there is a strong artistic aspect to many crop circles but for who the actual artists are is still a mystery.

no mystery

www.circlemakers.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There are zero, absolutely no crop circles that are anything more than man made just as there are no magicians that can do magic. They are all fakes.

If all are fakes which some of them are then please explain the swollen nodes and no broken stalks.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Great points. Some crop circles are obviously man-made as there is proof, some may be man made, and for some there is not a shred of proof that they are man made.

The growth nodes where the stalks bend is an uncomfortable fact that the human circle makers cannot replicate:

3 bent stalks? I guess that evidence they are all like that..?

And damned if people manage to manipulate the nodes of thousands and thousands of strands of corn in a 5 hour night slot...

where have you seen a picture of thousands and thousands of bent nodes in a circle? Ive only ever seen pictures of a handful.
edit on 1-7-2015 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

So if you cant work out a magicians trick does that mean he can do real magic? lol

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Some crop circles show a heating of the stalks near the ground of enough intensity to bend them over but not kill them so they continue growing. The known man made circles do not, and have never had those attributes. Some have been found with odd levels of trace elements with isotopic ratios not even close to terrestrial isotopes, which means they are not from here.

In some circles the chemical makeup of the soil within the crop circles have been changed as well. Not something some drunk Englishmen can do with boards. But like all things, when it is not understood and doesn't make sense, there will be officials and the public making a big joke of it to make it go away. Making it go away like what the Ostrich thinks happens when his head is in the sand.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The most fascinating crop circles ive read about are the Answer to our message sent to the stars and the portrait of the grey:
www.youtube.com...

They both had hidden messaged. The Grey portrait had a disc beside it and in it was a binary code - ASCII.
The code was translated and had a message for us
www.cropcircleconnector.com...

Now just like the video says, i do not believe that a couple dudes with rope and boards made these images and took the time to write binary code in the grass.
But who knows, people fake a lot of things..like my wife for that matter

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
That famous crop circle video being formed while the orbs floated over it was determined to be a hoax. The creator of the video admitted it on a natgeo special on crop circles. 
Here's a link to the video. 
m.youtube.com...

edit on 2-7-2015 by SheepDipped because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

So these handheld magnetrons were available in the 1950's and 1960's?

So bent stalks were reported in the 1950's and 1960's?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: SheepDipped

I had not seen that video before, but have seen a few others that are similar. One was a military video as there was an attempt to track the orbs, they did for a little while but eventually lost it.

The main effect I have seen when a crop circle is formed is similar to a gust of wind that blows throw the fields. Some stalks pop back up, some don't.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Some crop circles show a heating of the stalks near the ground of enough intensity to bend them over but not kill them so they continue growing. The known man made circles do not, and have never had those attributes. Some have been found with odd levels of trace elements with isotopic ratios not even close to terrestrial isotopes, which means they are not from here.

In some circles the chemical makeup of the soil within the crop circles have been changed as well. Not something some drunk Englishmen can do with boards. But like all things, when it is not understood and doesn't make sense, there will be officials and the public making a big joke of it to make it go away. Making it go away like what the Ostrich thinks happens when his head is in the sand.

I think I read somewhere a few years back it could be a way of calibrating some kind of orbital laser.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I can't verify that, next time I visit one with these nodes like that I will try and do a count. What I do know is that I picked a strand at random which had a node like that and took it home, so I must've been surrounded by them because I didn't have to look far to find one to take. This was about 5 yrs ago! When we had epic dragonflies and lines of mysterious code going on!
edit on 2-7-2015 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
a reply to: buster2010

So if you cant work out a magicians trick does that mean he can do real magic? lol

Science knows how it can be done. Now explain how these guys are able to carry and power the equipment needed to do this without relying on magic. Remember all these guys use are ropes and boards.

<< 1    3 >>

join