It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism rates exploding in Asia after they adopt western vaccination protocols.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

What I want to know is how can disinformation agents sleep at night.

Because that's what trolls become after emerging from their cocoons.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The Age of mongering disinformation and fear.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
i remember when i was really small and got vaccinated in order to go to school, they gave me 5 shots and i couldn't walk out of the clinic. my legs would not function. (my father still talks about it) i recovered later on in the day, but it always struck me as bizarre. frankly, i don't see the correlation between vaccines and autism. i think there is probably more of a link between diet while pregnant and autism or other environmental causes. should you really be eating something processed that has 100 ingredients 90 of which you have no idea what they are when you are creating life?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Are they cross-referencing with the increased use of plastics, pesticides and other artificial elements being adopted by these countries? Are they taking into account the increasing age of the parent population? Is there a peer-reviewed study which has not only demonstrated unique causation between vaccines and autism while providing a definite indication that these (or other) parallel possible risk factors are not impacting results?
edit on 2-7-2015 by RoyBatty because: clarity

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Right, as someone on the autism spectrum (diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome, which is classified as high-functioning autism these days) I feel I have to chime in here with something that has been bothering me about the anti-vaccination movement for quite a while now.

First of all, I personally feel that I'm not well informed enough about vaccinations to conclude either way whether they are truly linked to causing autism, or not, so I'm not going to comment much on that. I'm fairly certain they are quite safe, but given that every person's body is unique, combined with the sheer amount of stress we put very young developing bodies under by injecting them with dozens of different types of vaccinations in short succession, I'm sure there are bound to be complications every now and then. That's is simply an unfortunately reality of how the human body works.

That being said though, what really gets to me is that this whole anti-vaccination argument seems to be based solely around the idea that autism is one of the worst things that could possibly happen to a person, akin to cancer and other such nasty diseases. Worse than massive outbreaks of potentially deadly diseases that were on the brink of being wiped of the face of the planet.
This is not only complete nonsense, it's downright offensive. And I don't use that word often due to how loaded it is these days. Yes, I faced quite a few challenges when I was young. I still do. Some quite severe. But it's not my diagnoses that's holding me back; it's the way society treats it.
People on the spectrum aren't "sick", or "defective", their brains are merely wired differently. We're essentially running a different operating system. We receive, filter, and process information differently from neurotypical people, and that causes some communication errors for sure, but that doesn't mean we cannot be productive member of society. Yet so many people seem to think we can't. This hurts.

Part of the problem here is simple misinformation. Many people seem to think the term "autism" means the same now as it did 5, 10, 15 years ago. It doesn't (the movie Rainman probably did not help in this regard). Whereas it was first only used for people with very severe conditions, these days it spans a wide range of symptoms, most of which can be perfectly lived with if one is aware of them. Hypersensitivity, difficulty making eye contact, you name it. You can learn to compensate for these challenges. So well in fact, that most people wouldn't even know you were on the spectrum until you specifically told them. This has happened to me more times than I can count.
This is also one of the bigger reasons autism seems to be on the rise as of late. Not because of some environmental factor (although I do not dismiss that possibility entirely), but because the autism spectrum is so much broader now than it was even 5-10 years ago, meaning that a lot of people who until just recently would slip though the net, are now diagnosed and can get the support necessary to get their lives in order. People who were at one time simply the village weirdo, or that silent lonely kid in the back of the class, never understood by the people around them or even they themselves, can now take part in society due to getting proper diagnosed and help tailored to their specific issues. There was a TED talk on this fairly recently that explains this quite well I feel: www.ted.com...

Constantly claiming autism is a terrible disease and that it should be cured, only harms those of us on the spectrum. It makes it feel like we're somehow a mistake, that we shouldn't be who we are, despite not having done anything wrong. That we cannot add anything positive to the world because we are "sick" and don't know what we are doing, even though our unique perspective on the world can offer us all so much. Basically, it makes us feel unwanted.
It also hurts the parents who thought they were doing the right thing, by shaming and blaming them for being terrible parents, which almost always in turn has an effect on the child as well. It needs to stop.

What people on the spectrum need isn't a cure and least of all a stop to vaccinations. It's a society that accepts diversity in people. A little understanding towards people with autism would go a very, very long way in alleviating many of the problems that we face on a daily basis.
I mean, for Freya's sake, if we have trouble understanding those of our own species who happen to have a slightly differently wired brain than the general populace, how would we cope if we ever meet a truly alien being? Artificial or otherwise.

tl;dr: Even in the unlikely event vaccinations do contribute to the rise of autism, that does not outweigh the benefit of immunization. Claiming autism is a horrible disease is not only untrue, it's also hurtful, harmful and extremely close minded, and it has to stop.
edit on 2/7/2015 by Henduluin because: Spelling/adding in missed words

edit on 2/7/2015 by Henduluin because: More spelling fixes.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Henduluin

Starred for a meaningful post, but I have to respectfully disagree with you on one thing.

Are there any avoidable chronic or life time diseases/disorders that aren't tragic?

I agree that society in general could be more accepting, but frankly we are far more accepting than we were say 50, 100 or 1000 years ago, but there's a difference between being born with a medical problem and it being thrust upon you.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: pyramid head
So what does Encephalitis have to do with Autism?
Copying and pasting the first thing you find without reading nor comprehending, does not win an argument nor prove any sort of point...
I still believe in science.

Edit:
From your link:

Some observers will say the vaccine-induced encephalopathy (brain disease) documented in both children is unrelated to their autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Others will say there is plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise.

This does nothing to prove anything other than there is no proof it causes, or doesn't cause, it. You can't make a claim without backing it up. Until someone shows proof positive, with proper research, then it is just anecdotal evidence.

Wow! Way to lie!

If you just read the very next paragraph...

[ext]tWhat's more, these cases fit the pattern of other petitions, (i.e., Poling and Banks) in which the court ruled (or the government conceded) that vaccines had caused encephalopathy, which in turn produced permanent injury, including symptoms of autism and ultimately an ASD diagnosis.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Henduluin

Henduluin,

Thank you for for this information. This is what the world needs to see and understand. Keep up the good fight.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: damwel

great post - so much substance, deep thoughts.

so because you don't "know of" a single case among all the people you know, all of this is BS. Gotcha

There has never been a link between autism and vaccines. The one study that did claim to find a link admitted it was wrong/bull#.

It's make believe.

Vaccines are important, and not having your kids take them is putting other children at risk. The blood of the children that die is on all of the anti-vaxxers hands.

This may came off as rude but it is only to protect- everyone.
edit on 2-7-2015 by THEatsking because: d

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: damwel
Oh Bologna. I don't know of one case myself and everyone I know and their kids are vaccinated.

I am diagnosed on the autistic spectrum and so is my daughter. We've been vaccinated. Except...

My daughter started showing behavioral autistic traits before she received the MMR. She started showing "symptoms" before she was vaccinated.

The genetic correlation is stronger than any vaccine correlation. Having said that, there may be some sort of environmental component with autism, there really could be, but the vaccine thing is a dead end. It's like shouting into a wind tunnel for those that are already convinced.

The vaccinations are very likely to trigger things in people that are already susceptible, the refusal of health authorities to admit that "things go wrong" in THIS PARTICULAR AREA, is telling.

When I tune my car, it is sensitive, and I don't go using a GM tune in my FORD lol.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Dem0nc1eaner

yes in the old days it was a survival of the fittest 'mentality'

those with obvious physical and behavioral 'problems' didnt last long or get special 'treatment'

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
Are there any avoidable chronic or life time diseases/disorders that aren't tragic?

I suppose not, no. Autism, however, seems to be -at least in part- genetic and is thus not (yet) avoidable. My father exhibits many of the same symptoms I do and while not formally diagnosed, is very likely to be on the spectrum as well. Few months back, I was part of a psych education/support group for people with ASD and in that group were two men in their mid-late 50s who were only very recently diagnosed, after one of their children was and they recognised symptoms in themselves. And this is a very frequent occurrence. Many of these people are in their 50s or older, and thus predate the current autism "boom" by at least a decade or two, weakening some of the major anti-vax arguments as far as I'm concerned. After all, if it was merely vaccinations that caused autism, shouldn't the "boom" have started far earlier?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

I think that some vaccinations are needed but not near the amount that is required for a child to go to or finish public school. The problem I have with vaccinations is the "other" stuff that is put in them. Here is a list of some of those things that are routinely added to a vaccine:
MSG, antifreeze, phenol (used as a disinfectant), formaldehyde (cancer causing and used to embalm), aluminum (associated with alzheimer’s disease and seizures), glycerin (toxic to the kidney, liver, can cause lung damage, gastrointestinal damage and death), lead, cadmium, sulfates, yeast proteins, antibiotics, acetone (used in nail polish remover), neomycin and streptomycin. And the ingredient making the press is thimerosol (more toxic than mercury, a preservative still used in many vaccines, not easily eliminated, can cause severe neurological damage as well as other life threatening autoimmune disease). These vaccines are grown and strained through animal or human tissue, like monkey and dog kidney tissue, chick embryo, calf serum, human diploid cells (the dissected organs of aborted fetuses), pig blood, horse blood and rabbit brain.

This is what I have a problem with. Why do they add all this stuff to a vaccine and why are there now so many vaccinations that children have to take? My son is almost 12 and when he was born there were certain shots he needed and there were some I refused. But now, the list of what is injected into children is alarming. More shots need than I remember.

I personally and my family have not taken any flu shots in about 7 years. Haven't got the flu yet either. We don't go to the doc every time we have a runny nose to get on antibiotics, etc. We eat healthy, exercise and when I feel like I may be getting a cold or something I take a shot of colloidal silver. That stuff is awesome. It can kill bubonic plaque within 7 minutes and it doesn't have any side effects. As long as I have been using it I have not been sick at all.

To answer your question though....lol. I don't know. The big pharma companies have to be honest and find ways to create vaccines that are needed without all the added ingredients that cause us harm. I don't see that happening though.
edit on 7 2 1515 by amberinsc because: (no reason given)

edit on 7 2 1515 by amberinsc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

If your child is vaccinated and is around a child who isn't, your child is safe though, right? The vaccine "protects" that child from getting whatever ailment that could be transmitted through a child that is not vaccinated. I am not 100% anti vaccine. My son has had some vaccines, but I have declined many too. No flu shots for us, etc. I just have a hard time having this stuff injected into my child:
MSG, antifreeze, phenol (used as a disinfectant), formaldehyde (cancer causing and used to embalm), aluminum (associated with alzheimer’s disease and seizures), glycerin (toxic to the kidney, liver, can cause lung damage, gastrointestinal damage and death), lead, cadmium, sulfates, yeast proteins, antibiotics, acetone (used in nail polish remover), neomycin and streptomycin. And the ingredient making the press is thimerosol (more toxic than mercury, a preservative still used in many vaccines, not easily eliminated, can cause severe neurological damage as well as other life threatening autoimmune disease). These vaccines are grown and strained through animal or human tissue, like monkey and dog kidney tissue, chick embryo, calf serum, human diploid cells (the dissected organs of aborted fetuses), pig blood, horse blood and rabbit brain.
That is a list of common ingredients in current vaccines.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: amberinsc

If your child is vaccinated and is around a child who isn't, your child is safe though, right? The vaccine "protects" that child from getting whatever ailment that could be transmitted through a child that is not vaccinated. I am not 100% anti vaccine. My son has had some vaccines, but I have declined many too. No flu shots for us, etc. I just have a hard time having this stuff injected into my child:
That is a list of common ingredients in current vaccines.

The ingredients aren't dangerous. This is a myth. Maybe in certain absurd quantities they could be.

Some people aren't able to get vaccines for various health reasons. So if your kid doesn't vaccinate, contracts the disease, and one of these people die- that is on the anti-vaxxers 100 percent.

Vaccines work when everyone gets them. If not, it will have failures.

They shouldn't be optional. Read up through viable sources, about what is in the vaccines and why it is ok.

edit on 2-7-2015 by THEatsking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pyramid head
Show me a case. I would love to read where the government or any scientific group said what you are claiming. No, ifs, maybes, looks like, appears, fits the pattern, etc. Proof. You are agreeing with this claim, let's see your proof. Having encephalopathy leading to injury that includes symptoms of autism, does not mean it causes autism.

Links to research papers would be great. Thanks in advance! I look forward to reading these.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: superman2012
a reply to: Kapusta
Yes. All nuts.

Read about your "experts". What does a radiologist have to do with vaccines or autism?

Research your crazy sources before using them, don't just copy and paste the first article that seems to catch your eye, people will assume you are the same as your source material.

What do you have to do with Vaccines ?

As much as the "expert" you bow down to. This person just happens to agree with your stance so you believe every word he says. Whereas, my stance is different so you have no desire to see what I'm saying.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It is the new protocols that are the problem. And i have no idea what is in the vaccines anymore, no matter what they tell you. At one time all that were given were necessary and generally safe. I don't believe that to be the case anymore.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
It is the new protocols that are the problem. And i have no idea what is in the vaccines anymore, no matter what they tell you.

if you wish to find out what is in a specific vaccine, ask your doctor. it's that simple. the indgredients of vaccines have changed little over the decades they have been in use.

here is a fact sheet addressing the ingredients.

here is a 2003 article addressing concern over the additives in vaccines.

here is a list of ingredients sorted by vaccine.

At one time all that were given were necessary and generally safe. I don't believe that to be the case anymore

it still is the case. nothing has changed except public panic fuelled by misinformation and distrust.

originally posted by: amberinsc

And the ingredient making the press is thimerosol (more toxic than mercury, a preservative still used in many vaccines, not easily eliminated, can cause severe neurological damage as well as other life threatening autoimmune disease).

this is completely unfounded and demonstrably false. thimerosol is not more toxic than mercury. it is an organic compound containing mecury. the specific kind of mecury formed when the body breaks it down is ethylmercury. ehtylmercury does not stay in the system long and has not been shown to cause any harm at all. many people, (yourself included), make the mistake that it contains methylmercury, which is harmful.

when learning about thimerosal and mercury it is important to understand the difference between two different compounds that contain mercury: ethylmercury and methylmercury. they are totally different materials.

methylmercury is formed in the environment when mercury metal is present. if this material is found in the body, it is usually the result of eating some types of fish or other food. high amounts of methylmercury can harm the nervous system. this has been found in studies of some populations that have long-term exposure to methylmercury in foods at levels that are far higher than the u.s. population. in the united states, federal guidelines keep as much methylmercury as possible out of the environment and food, but over a lifetime, everyone is exposed to some methylmercury.

ethylmercury is formed when the body breaks down thimerosal. the body uses ethylmercury differently than methylmercury; ethylmercury is broken down and clears out of the blood more quickly. low-level ethylmercury exposures from vaccines are very different from long-term methylmercury exposures, since the ethylmercury does not stay in the body.

although no evidence suggests that there are safety concerns with thimerosal, vaccine manufacturers have stopped using it as a precautionary measure. the only vaccine that still includes thimerosal as a preservative is the multi-dose inactivated influenza vaccine. there are other formulations of flu vaccine that do not include thimerosal.

in 1999, the fda was required by law to assess the amount of mercury in all the products the agency oversees, not just vaccines. the u.s. public health service decided that as much mercury as possible should be removed from vaccines, and thimerosal was the only source of mercury in vaccines.

the decision to remove it was a made as a precautionary measure to decrease overall exposure to mercury among young infants. not because it was shown to be harmful.

thimerosal was removed from all childhood vaccines in 2001 with the exception of inactivated flu vaccine in multi-dose vials. however, thimerosal has been removed from all single-dose preparations of flu vaccine for children and adults. there has never been thimerosal in live attenuated flu vaccine or recombinant flu vaccine. no acceptable alternative preservative has yet been identified for multi-dose flu vaccine vials.
edit on 2-7-2015 by spygeek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: noonebutme

Wow! Someone needs anger management, and a clue.

Take your frustrations elsewhere, kid.

I'm not a kid nor am I angry - I was merely point out the utterly selfish nature of the post.

I stand by my statement.
edit on 2-7-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join