It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macy's is the latest to Dump Trump and his Clothing Line

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: kosmicjack

I've mostly checked out of American politics. Though, I still delight in discussing it.

Come next year, I'll have officially checked out of American politics anyway, so I don't concern myself over who I should be voting for. But the the time election rolls around, I won't be allowed to vote anyway.

American politics is Kabuki theatre without the makeup.
You nailed it. All the contrived drama and overzealous acting without the flowing gowns.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
of course rich people should be the office holders in the US. It's obvious that the laws and actions for the existence of rich people are the ones that matter unless it is meaningless like a flag.

The people are really sticking it to Trump by dropping his clothes. Bankrupt again, not.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It's too easy to call this a case of PC running amok. Honestly, Trump has done a bang up job of damaging his reputation with little to no outside help. His entire business empire is based on his persona. So it should come as no surprise that when he tarnishes his reputation, his business suffers as a direct result.

We've seen prime examples of this kind of thing happen to other celebrities. Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise pop to mind. They heavily damaged their reputations with their various rants to the point the public have turned their collective backs to them. Bottom line is Trump is seen as a high-view personality and he has lost a tremendous amount of good faith with the public at large.

All these businesses dropping Trump like a hot potato are doing so to create distance from his not-so-spontaneous human combustion.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Trump hasn't changed.

He was always a loud-mouth.

But he took a side in the political arena, hence, others have also felt compelled to take a side.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

time "lovin' 'em some wind in the face" I'm sure that dog was well-cared for and didn't mind napping in his kennel, getting walked at every stop along the way, and being loved and petted when they stopped for the day. If he could think about it, he was probably thrilled he didn't get left at some doggie kennel while his people went on a fun vaca. He got to go with them.

Wow was that a load of bs. Lovin some wind in the face? It was a 12 hour drive from Boston to Ontario and there was # and piss all over the car. A large Irish setter cramped in a dog cage. Yeah that's where you put your family for car rides. Strapped to the roof. Face palm.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You're right, he hasn't changed. People tend to turn a deaf ear around someone who constantly barks and blusters, which is the norm for Trump. He talks loud, business as usual.

Now that he's entered the presidential arenea he's talking a helluva lot louder and people have actually taken a moment to listen. That is the game changer for Trump.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

time "lovin' 'em some wind in the face" I'm sure that dog was well-cared for and didn't mind napping in his kennel, getting walked at every stop along the way, and being loved and petted when they stopped for the day. If he could think about it, he was probably thrilled he didn't get left at some doggie kennel while his people went on a fun vaca. He got to go with them.

Wow was that a load of bs. Lovin some wind in the face? It was a 12 hour drive from Boston to Ontario and there was # and piss all over the car. A large Irish setter cramped in a dog cage. Yeah that's where you put your family for car rides. Strapped to the roof. Face palm.

Wait, what's this about not putting family on the roof?

Perhaps that's why my ex mother in law was always so angry....

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Can't say i like the man(he doesn't seem to like the TPP at least) however there's something here that needs to be more looked at. So now social media rallying and petitions are going to be the driving force with social issue decisions when it comes to determining things. Majority rule but not by any law?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

At least he didn't eat a dog.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Extreme battle tactics of Progressives:

You need not harm me physically or economically, but if I find fault with your stated opinion, I am justified in hurting you by denying material things and/or peace of mind. You must buy into the culture of OPINIONS MATTER or we will not rest until you suffer.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

It's too easy to call this a case of PC running amok. Honestly, Trump has done a bang up job of damaging his reputation with little to no outside help. His entire business empire is based on his persona. So it should come as no surprise that when he tarnishes his reputation, his business suffers as a direct result.

We've seen prime examples of this kind of thing happen to other celebrities. Mel Gibson and Tom Cruise pop to mind. They heavily damaged their reputations with their various rants to the point the public have turned their collective backs to them. Bottom line is Trump is seen as a high-view personality and he has lost a tremendous amount of good faith with the public at large.

All these businesses dropping Trump like a hot potato are doing so to create distance from his not-so-spontaneous human combustion.
And yet none of this "combustion" started until he announced a run for the White House.

Why is that?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I have a hard time believing the man that made his living on getting money from other people to build his empire is doing this solo.

Why do we think he is doing this all on his own dime...
Because he says so?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I have a hard time believing the man that made his living on getting money from other people to build his empire is doing this solo.

Why do we think he is doing this all on his own dime...
Because he says so?

You are right. Something smells funny. Trump is wishy washy:

Republican (Before 1999; 2009–2011; 2012-present)
Reform Party (1999–2001)
Democratic (2001–2009)
Independent (2011–2012)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Is DT really that bad?

I dunno much i admit, but dont you think that maybe the leader of the free world should be something other than a politician? isnt DT doing exactly that? trying to prove that you dont have to be a politician to run for president?

imho.... i would wanna see a scientist as president! that would be interesting!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Neil DeGrasse Tyson for president 2016.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Is DT really that bad?

I dunno much i admit, but dont you think that maybe the leader of the free world should be something other than a politician? isnt DT doing exactly that? trying to prove that you dont have to be a politician to run for president?

!

Seems like a man that has declared bankruptcy 4 times, left his creditors holding the bag and not taking responsibility for his actions; seems like the perfect candidate for POTUS to me; fits right in with the neocons running things now. What could possibly go wrong?
edit on 1-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You are right. Something smells funny. Trump is wishy washy:

I would say he is predictable versus wishy washy.

Come election time he spouts of the mouth as loud and obnoxious as he can to get his free 15 minutes of publicity on the MSM and online community. This is his business model to stay relevant, he surely wouldn't want focus on his real business dealings.

However, that is soon to come to end this year by mid to late July when he has to release his TRUE DETAILED financial report. I don't think the Donald , his hair, nor his Ego would wan't people to know his true worth is not what he has fought to make the public perceive that it is.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Was it Napoleon who said, "Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"?

I don't know what's more entertaining, watching Trump trip all over himself or the people who try to defend him.

I don't know about 'no makeup'. He looks to me like he's rocking enough spray tan to triple coat a Rolls Corniche.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Trump making loud, outrageous statements is part of his persona -- it's his schtick. He's a self-proclaimed big fish in glitzy celebrity pool and business arena. He has made Trump a brand name.

The problem The Donald is facing is that his ego is a huge factor of his persona which is the foundation of his business empire. Anything he has ever said is now going to be highly scrutinized since he's decided to enter the race. That is par for the course.

The fact that he's making these type of outrageous statements while running for president is kind of surprising, since he knows it will adversely affect his business ventures.

As for the "combustion" taking place now... His opinions have the potential to affect the entire nation, if we are stupid enough to actually elect him to office. The backlash is the price he is paying for his stance.

No surprise there.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Ah, I see the political assassination of Trump is moving along nicely.

Don't get me wrong, guy is 110% crazy, but he's also a threat to the establishment.

He's the ONE candidate that's not running on lobbyist and super-pac dollars, so clearly these groups fear having a president that is not beholden to them.

why would "the establishment" fear someone that is so politically self-destructive?...his only real power is making money.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join