It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Macy's is the latest to Dump Trump and his Clothing Line

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Has he revealed yet that Jeb Bush was born in Uganda?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The Corporate World is sending the man a message, methinks: "You just THINK you can't be influenced because you THINK you're too wealthy. Let us show you what REAL power is."

Everybody is controlled by something, whether they realize it or not. If you're going to jump into the game of high stakes politics, your controllers will eventually rear their ugly heads. "Sorry, Donald....you're fired."
edit on 1-7-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I don't like Trump...but I'm not writing him off as a contender in the Republican primary because he is a rabble rouser.

He knows his audience...he knows they aren't very intelligent and aren't very well informed...and he will play to that and just rile them up with heated rhetoric and create a mob. Even if he doesn't win the Republican primary...he is going to force all other candidates so far Right that they are going to be very scary candidates.

Trump is an idiot...but there are a lot of idiot voters out there that will follow rhetoric and hate speech more than they will follow logic and reason.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Excellent point but it's not just a message to Trump - it's a message to everyone. We're all at the mercy of money and the PC zeal of the mob.
edit on 7/1/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I don't agree with a LOT of what Trump says, but at least he's real and not some cookie cutter caricature of a politician.

In that sense, yes, US needs someone "like" him but with the right moral compass. Trump is not the right man for the job.

eta: Richard Branson would be a better choice.
edit on 1-7-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Funny thing is, I like Coke. But I also drink Pepsi every now and then. Depends on my mood. Though, recently, I've just been a hot tea gal. A nice Jasmine Chamomile is amazing.

The wal-mart/target thing isn't a problem for me anymore, considering my residence. But when it was, I would shop wal-mart when I just wanted something cheap, and target when I didn't want to deal with the crowds. I find it funny to see people so entrenched in their "camp", be it brand loyalty or politics.

link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Then that must be some great sex. Or separate beds...

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That's the thing.

"I can't shop at Macy's now because that means I hate Trump.
I can't eat at Chick-fil-A anymore because I am pro abortion.
I can't shop at Hobby Lobby any more because I am not Christian.
I can't buy Ben n Jerry's anymore because I am against gay marriage."

Social memes, social media has influenced where we shop based on our political ideologies.

If I just shopped where they agree with me politically, I'd be naked and starving because I live in a liberal mecca.

I buy stuff, not ideology.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Mitt Romney was the right man for the job. Too bad TPTB put their puppet in instead.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

The guy who put his dogs in a kennel strapped to the roof for a road trip?

Yeah....wooohoo good times

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just a move to show they are part of the PC world.

If people stop buying his line then they don't order more. After a while, the unsold product gets moved from the shelves and written off.

I bet only 2 or 3 people, if that, would actually stop shopping they because it is on the shelf.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: beezzer

Businesses playing politics on either side of the aisle is stupid in my book. Just sell crap, don't tell me what your political leanings are. Keep that to board rooms, golf courses, and back room deals.

This is the crux of the issue.

I hate spending my hard earned money as it is, I don't want to have to worry about the politics of it any more than I have to or already do. I can just barely stomach the nature of corporations as it is, much less when they start using wedge issues to gin up votes, erm, I mean consumers. But there is little difference between the two anymore and that's what they want.

You're either Coke or Pepsi. Wal Mart or Target. McDs or Burger King. Dem or GOP.

Exactlly........It's called ....capitalism, marketing, profit, doing business.... I for one am happy to see the spirit of free enterprise/entrepreneurship still alive and well in America.....America Rocks! It's still possible for a slacker to make a butt load of money if he just pays attention. I'm a living example.
edit on 1-7-2015 by olaru12 because: Look Margret....something shiny!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

And he probably treats his dogs better than people.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

He has been making cazy statements since, well, forever. Ask yourself why he is losing all of his business ventures based on the flamboyant, loudmouth style he has ALWAYS maintained - simply because he is now running for President?

I can't stand the guy, would never vote for him but this politcal blackballing is chilling.

My views on Trump are on pars with yours but what you mention above is rather telling.

I have said it before in other posts , that elections are a catch 22 and by the time that public can identify the genuine candidate that is actually going to make a difference its to late.

If your candidate gets sponsored by the GOP or the DNC than the candidate is no different than any prior and will be the typical Oligopoly team player. We will continue to get bigger gov't , more taxes, less personal freedoms, and the Mega Oligopoly corporations will continue to be on the winning side while the upper middle and lower classes continue to get raped.

On the other hand if the GOP or the DNC don't sponsor your candidate they have zero chances of getting the election. The GOP, the DNC, the MSM controlled by the Oligopoly Corporate Giants, and the presidential debate committee controlled only Republicans and Democrats will crucify the candidate.

This was proven once again in the last election by the GOP when they crucified the only Republican the party had seen in a long time.

The GOP killed one of their own because he had the voting record of a true republican: he was for small gov't, more individual rights, state rights, and less taxes. All things neither the republicans, democrats and especially the Mega Oligopolies who control the gov't want to see.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

And, icing on the cake for the PTB, your exact situation creates a helluva lot of cognitive dissonance which eventually leads to apathy and lack of participation. Upshot: they get to do as the please because we all dial out.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I've mostly checked out of American politics. Though, I still delight in discussing it.

Come next year, I'll have officially checked out of American politics anyway, so I don't concern myself over who I should be voting for. But the the time election rolls around, I won't be allowed to vote anyway.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

And, icing on the cake for the PTB, your exact situation creates a helluva lot of cognitive dissonance which eventually leads to apathy and lack of participation. Upshot: they get to do as the please because we all dial out.

I'm actually evil and doing the opposite.

I recently got a chair at the EDC in my area.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

LOL! I know...that hurt Mitt and it was a shame that something like that kept people from voting for the right man. I see dogs in the back of trucks all the time "lovin' 'em some wind in the face"
I'm sure that dog was well-cared for and didn't mind napping in his kennel, getting walked at every stop along the way, and being loved and petted when they stopped for the day. If he could think about it, he was probably thrilled he didn't get left at some doggie kennel while his people went on a fun vaca. He got to go with them.

Then the comment picked up off-mic about the 47% was absolutely correct, but the PC crowd killed him on it.

You have to say just what "they" want you to say regardless of whether or not it's the truth, or the PC police will put you away for good. It's a shame, really. We now have politicians that say what everybody wants to hear, then they turn around and do something entirely different.

Honest to goodness truth-telling people don't have a snowball's chance in hell to make it in high political office.

edit on 1-7-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I've mostly checked out of American politics. Though, I still delight in discussing it.

Come next year, I'll have officially checked out of American politics anyway, so I don't concern myself over who I should be voting for. But the the time election rolls around, I won't be allowed to vote anyway.

American politics is Kabuki theatre without the makeup.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
To think just two week ago I was depressed at the thought someone like Trump could have a tiny chance of actually becoming president. Now I'm happy with the tiny chance that Trump could be seen as the ranting lunatic he is out on the streets bossing around his fellow homeless and getting the snot kicked out of him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join