It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like the F-35 isn't a turkey after all.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
We've been through this before.

The M1 Abrams, the F-22, the Osprey. Huge noise, both from competing companies within the U.S. and potential adversaries/competition outside the U.S..

This series of videos paints a different picture altogether....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Meh, promotional video. The test pilot for the F-35 seems to think otherwise at this moment in time.
Linky

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I did NOT look at the videos (time and place are against it), but here are some well written, seemingly objective views on the F-35. And it does not look good. Medium.com

Really, the Marines wanted a jet which could start and land vertically, and the resulting consequences are dire - but this thing should replace ANY other fighter jet?

Good luck with that.

Hey, wanna have a new, never used A400m? Because, well, the software seems to shut-down the machines. In flight. Rarely, really! Yes, we do have our own problems here, thank you

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

C'mon, people. Don't you find it interesting that we have all of this very expensive high-tech machines today keeping America's industries alive, and we just never got around to making a subsequent backup system for the shuttle?

The toys mentioned daily in the news are those that we intend to peddle to our wealthy friends. When's the last time you heard from an insider source on ATS calmly discussing the triangles and how they may be the missing link to space that we seem to lack but secretly may have operational?

ATS is a controlled environment, created by good people, but being what it is, subject to the desires of those that control us.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Hey, I'm just a fan. not any kind of expert.

However, no one aircraft can do everything better than all the variants out there.

Smaller budget nations can't buy F-22's and A-10's on and on. They need a platform capable,capable of multi-role service.

Add in the data we don't have-that have been alluded to by those in the know-and my bet is this puppy is an ideal compromise unit that fits the bill.

As far as quoting a test pilot, that's great, Pilots probably don't like the direction aircraft are going anyways.....

edit on 1-7-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Then why post at all?

Obviously there's 'wiggle room', even within your jaundiced view of it all.

The burgeoning European 'military-industrial complex'....God, the enemies of the west must have had orgasms when that one was invented..., have their need to push the EF, Raffy and Grippons which no one is buying....

This is a debate on the pros and cons of various airframes.

It makes us happy...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I have faith that in 20 years we will all look back on this and the naysayer will have egg on their faces. We will see the F-35 as a great aircraft that changed the way air battles are fought in aircraft that still have pilots at the controls.

And to those that doubt the content of the video, as it does look like a promotional video it is also factual. The provided link in the video description takes you to a Reddit page with unbiased source material for the content in the video as well as some rather compelling comments from someone familiar with the F-35 systems from a ground crew stand point.

Oh, and for the "F-35 can't dog fight" story, although written by David Axe, a respected military journalist, it is by no means written objectively. It is an editorial. In fact I have yet to read many articles written about the short comings of the F-35 that haven't been composed in an subjective editorial format, from a questionable source or by an individual or organization that had an agenda to see the program fail.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

Meh, promotional video. The test pilot for the F-35 seems to think otherwise at this moment in time.
Linky

I knew you f-35 haters were defeated when those articles 1st started appearing a couple years ago. The F 35 is not designed to dogfight it is designed to blow the other aircraft out of the sky without that aircraft even knowing the F 35 is there .

A link to copy the validity of that stance. Would be a link to a source stating a rock doesn't fly .

edit on 1-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Linky

The F-35 is not meant to dog fight. Most pilots I've heard are very impressed with its capabilities. One plane cannot be good for everything.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

A link to copy the validity of that stance. Would be a link to a source stating a rock doesn't fly .

Put a big enough engine on it, and that rock will fly.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Every new weapon system has bugs. Some more than others, of course

Naturally, any new system with as many new gadgets, and widgets, as the F35 does, is going to have teething problems. From the sounds of it, the problems are being methodically, and rapidly, ironed out. That was the main fear, as I understand it, that the costs of ironing them out would outweigh what they'd get in the end. Doesn't seem it's happening that way.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'll just leave this right here:

theaviationist.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Lol

Technically it won't fly because they'll be no lift .

edit on 1-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Linky

OK so this same exactly story just keeps getting regurgitated time and time again.......What is this pilots name. I wonder how easy it would be to write up a story that never even happened and circulate it year after year for the pointing masses of sheep. Also test pilots are not going to write up stories like this.......They are professional and would keep thoughts and opinions in house.
edit on 1-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Seams a lot like this story:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

This story has been floating around for awhile now. Test pilots are professional top of the line pilots and would never reveal details in the testing phase unless asked to do so.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Not impressed with the F35. Upgrade the F-22 Raptor and bring it back.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Upgrade the F-22 Raptor and bring it back.

It never left...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Always loved the Harrier though, and it's tried and tested.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I knew you f-35 haters were defeated when those articles 1st started appearing a couple years ago. The F 35 is not designed to dogfight it is designed to blow the other aircraft out of the sky without that aircraft even knowing the F 35 is there .

Oh please! EVERY press release and "leak that has been pro F-35 has been carefully constructed PR BS. When you bother to follow the sources of the so called general press articles you find journalists who have been embedded in LM and the JPO for a very long time.

Err isn't that exactly the kind of religious zealot style argument that the pro JSF camp have used all along? You cant argue with that kind of self deluding dogma. And I dont buy the "It has secret capabilities, but I cant tell you" argument because that in itself is stating that I must believe that a rock can fly. That isn't proof its just a statement. There are about a million reasons to disbelieve the F-35 argument and a lot of them are rooted in "money"(as in we dont have enough of it) and "physics" (which is something religions have always really hated).

LEE.
edit on 1-7-2015 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join