It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why are we allowed to see UFO's in the first place?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 05:49 PM
Great question op and it does make one wonder just what "they" are up to. I think some UFOs aren't always here

for exploration but also for their own version of "cow tipping". If its true that life in the universe is plentiful then

some of these UFOs/beings might just be here for entertainment and this is how some of them get their good times.

Anyways I do love your questions and have starred you.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:47 PM
I think it's because aliens are just ultra dimensional beings from a higher dimension. When they are spotted, thats just us seeing them slip through their dimension accidentally, that's why they appear and disappear. Also, maybe when they slip through the dimension they don't realize that they are, that's why they never try to communicate. Another thing is maybe we sometimes are spotted by beings of a lower dimensions than us, and we don't even realize it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:08 PM
So.. a few thoughts on this. First, people assume that they could fathom an alien agenda or mindset. I really, really doubt it. Even in our very short history, we've changed our own ideology time and again on many important subjects. For an alien mind, not only may it work completely different (creating different chemicals, and thus perhaps emotions or thoughts we can't even being to understand), but their agenda being some 10 or 100 thousand or a million years more advanced than our own, may well be completely unfathomable to us. I don't think we can even begin to understand their reasoning.

They may not care less if we actually see them. They may be exposing themselves on purpose, but in the way that they are, so it's not a sudden shock to the planet. A gradual exposure to life outside our own world. Which has worked, has it not, if that was their plan? From "flying saucers" in the past, until now.. where a poll will show that many people believe in UFOs and alien visitation and even abductions, but they are not all that alarmed about it to be honest.

As far as lights go, they could be part of their propulsion and they can't help but have them visible. It could be sensors of some type. It could be that they are trying to be noticed. It could be that they are just visibility lights.. and they, like us.. realize it's easier to see stuff flying around if you have lights on them. Again though, alien mindset.. could be light years ahead of our own, and we can't even fathom or imagine their real purpose.

Crashing UFOs I don't find that surprising. I still think the # is low, and most reported crashes are bunk, but if a ship uses say.. anything pertaining to gravity or magnetism for its propulsion, flying around a planet versus in deep space might actually be a pretty tricky affair. Stanton Friedman had a pretty good theory about the crash of Roswell, and what caused it, that is worth checking out.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:45 PM

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: Ghost147

The obvious answer is that they want us to see them. It isn't about surveillance at all, but about something else. Planned sightings to influence people in certain ways. Crashes? Another issue. One would guess they don't plan those.

The other obvious answer is that they aren't omnipotent and can't help it.

We can send a rover to Mars. Can we make it invisible to Martians?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM

So, why do we see UFO's at all in the first place?
a reply to: Ghost147

It's called "manifestation." We started seeing ufos in the late 40's. We think about ufos. We see more ufos and more are looking for ufos. We see even more ufos. Now even more....well, you get my point. Collective manifestation. Now all we have to do is to manifest "open contact."

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:27 AM
For those who are convinced that UFOs are extra terrestrial in nature (a sound hypothesis in some cases, I'm sure) I encourage you to read Jacques Vallee's take on the subject. Aerial phenomena and the manifestation of beings who appear to be of ET origin have been manifesting since time immemorial. However, throughout the ages they have been known as gods, demons, fairies, etc. The phenomenon has always been here - it is merely our interpretation of it which changes over time.

It's a very interesting subject - moreso when you look beneath the surface.

As for the belief that we are somehow an intelligent race... don't flatter yourselves. We'll get there one day (probably through genetic manipulation and technological augmentation) but really, we aren't all that. We have the beginnings of an intelligent race, but we're still playing around in the sandbox. A humble realisation: Corvids have displayed the ability to resolve logic puzzles faster than humans; chimps have a vastly superior short term memory and orcas can experience emotion far more deeply than we can. Don't get me wrong - we're alright, but we're probably a long way from being the pinnacle of evolution. Or perhaps we are - perhaps this is as far as nature can take us, and now it's up to us to develop further by way of the aforementioned methods.

Whether true or not, I came across an abduction report once which mentioned that these 'beings' can process information ('think') anywhere between 10 and 100 times faster than the average human, and to communicate with us they had to significantly slow down their cognitive functioning. An interesting theory.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:16 PM
Making the massive, mathematically near impossible - assumption that these are "Aliens", I would make some of the following assumptions:

* They are relatively new and inexperienced to their own technology and have typical engineering problems.
* They are going behind our governments back an purposefully exposing themselves to get us to question things.
* They are deliberately misleading us, by making us look in the opposite direction.
* They couldn't care less whether we see them or not.

top topics

<< 1   >>