It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we allowed to see UFO's in the first place?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This may seem like an odd question, and has recently popped into my mind, but, aren't Intelligent Alien Lifeforms being extremely irresponsible.

Let's assume a few things:

- The lights we see flying around that some equate to alien-powered UFO's are really alien-powered space craft.
- Crashes and mishaps that have been reported really did happen as claimed
- Abduction cases are 100% true and also did occur

Since we don't really have anything else to compare to, let's compare what Humans would do if we went to another planet to study it.

If we had all this technology, and decided a specific Planet not only had life on it, and had the ability to transport ourselves thousands of light years (or more) away to personally investigate that planet, we could also safely assume that we would know if there is or is not intelligent life on that planet.

Take a look at our planet, for example. We have these massive cities with artificial lights going everywhere, we exhibit a lot internal violent affairs, such as war. We have shown that we have very destructive weapons (at least against our own kind), and are generally extremely paranoid and immature. It wouldn't be difficult to know that we have some sort of technological advancement, thus there is intelligent life on the planet.

Now, let's assume that we view an alien planet the same way and we want to do research there. It would be scientifically irresponsible for us to just go and start snatching bodies without trying at least a little bit to mask our presence, as it could be disruptive to that intelligent life's societies. We know this because (assuming aliens have come to earth at some point) our own government is trying extremely desperately to hide this information from societal view.

So, why do we see UFO's at all in the first place? I mean, they are either reflective or actually have visible lights on them and fly around like a drunken teenager on prom night. Lets assume it's something other reason for a moment and just say it's a way they surveillance something, but why is it always so visible?

Technology isn't perfect, and there is bound to be a few mishaps here and there, but we hear a lot of cases where there is a UFO landing or even a crash. Again, from a scientific perspective, it would be irresponsible to be so obviously present in this kind of research. So why isn't there better cloaking, or a back up plan, or whatever you can think of?

Lastly, if you're going to abduct someone and try to make it a secret, by, say, wiping their memory of the incident afterwards, shouldn't it be done more effectively? There are thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, if not millions of alien-abduction cases and claims out there. So I ask again, if they are trying to make at least a small effort at being this "unknowable" presence here, and they have the technology to travel the galaxy (or further), why is a "mind-wipe" serum so difficult to really produce?

Anyway, I'd like to know you opinions on the issues. Thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

The only reason we can see them, if they are real what we are seeing, is because they want us to....

The rest we don't see, there could be thousands in our skies every day! But they let one go every now and again to remind us they are really here....

Or that is just my perspective on the topic.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

That's a very reasonable statement, and probably the only likelihood I can see being the answer. The only issue with it is that there are cases where anonymity at least appeared to be attempted through various means. "Mind-wipe" would be one of those cases, or any form of perceived cloaking too.

Anonymity seems like an all or nothing kind of stance. That is of course, if we are simply seeing various intelligent species who don't agree on the concept of anonymity.

EDIT: Love the avatar by the way

edit on 1/7/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Is it possible that we are allowed to see them because they do not care?

If humans are observing a lesser speicies then they do not care if they are observed in the distance they only try and avoid contact that could alter the actions of the observed.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Trying to apply human logic to UFOs is futile.

Evidence, plausibility and probability have little meaning when the "trickster" is at play....

www.sott.net...
edit on 1-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Fair enough....

What I wanted to say is that evidence, probability and plausibility have littl meaning when the "trickster is at play....
edit on 1-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Even the magician shows you the trick, they just don't show you how it works.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Is it possible that we are allowed to see them because they do not care?

If humans are observing a lesser speicies then they do not care if they are observed in the distance they only try and avoid contact that could alter the actions of the observed.

It is definitely a possibility. However, at least in modern times we usually try to have as little of an environmental impact as possible when studying things in the field. And considering there are further implications that we, as humans, have not experienced before (such as studying a fully conscious, society-building race), we may likely extend that environmental-impact concept into a societal-impact one.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Brain wiping would make sense but with as powerful as the human mind is, I feel more people would catch at least glimpses of what happened before they were wiped....There would be more "lost time" style cases I think....Unless there really are more and we just don't hear about them...

It would make sense but some people would have to see this happen and not be one that was "wiped"....I don't know, I think it is reasonable to assume that could be happening but I think more people would be telling their story of what I remember but not all of type stories...What do you think?

Thanks for the kudos on the avatar! GW is my favorite douchebag..

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

As someone else said earlier the is no reason to belive that an alien race would have human values.

Also if you go down the other route that UFO's are time traveling humans from the future they may not even deem us sentient by there standards.
edit on 1/7/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Let's asume that life on other planets are common, and millions of planets in our Galaxy has intelligent life in various stages, then an dominant or a species of intelligence beyond our imagination is traveling around in the galaxy or Universe as they please.

That would make us insignificant and not so rare as an intelligent life form, and no alien really care about us.

What we see, if we are seeing anything, are just scouts, maybe we are on some alien Discovery channel, with a David Attenborough like narrator.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Because we have the eyes to see.

Silly.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If we go to another world I hope it's not another manifest destiny kind of thing. The human race doesn't have a real great track record when it comes to meeting other cultures.

We see UFOs sometimes because they get careless or just don't care if we see them, there isn't much we can do to harm them.

You know maybe there is a glitch in their power system and when somebody flushes a toilet on the spacecraft it causes the cloaking device to malfunction.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Maybe the entire point of their existence is for us to see them.

There are some who have argued that the modus operandi of UFOs more closely resembles an attempt to modify the psyches of those who see and hear about them than any kind of scientific research project.

In The Invisible College (E.P. Dutton, 1975) Vallee posits the idea of a "control system." UFOs and related phenomena are "the means through which man's concepts are being rearranged." Their ultimate source may be unknowable, at least at this stage of human development; what we do know, according to Vallee, is that they are presenting us with continually recurring "absurd" messages and appearances which defy rational analysis but which nonetheless address human beings on the level of myth and imagination.

source

edit on 1-7-2015 by nodukkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2015 by nodukkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

For a short answer to the question you pose--and I'm sure it will not suffice to your mind--is that you are thinking like a human and )can)not like an alien that may have little regard for individual human thought patterns among those on the globe they oversee.

To help you get a grasp on that concept, religious or not, think of why a believer human can never understand the way a highly held God power does its work. Or why an ant can never understand the reason for the descending foot.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: nodukkha

Was wondering when somebody would come here and present that theory. I happen to agree with doc Jacques completely on that by the way.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
Let's asume that life on other planets are common, and millions of planets in our Galaxy has intelligent life in various stages, then an dominant or a species of intelligence beyond our imagination is traveling around in the galaxy or Universe as they please.

That would make us insignificant and not so rare as an intelligent life form, and no alien really care about us.

What we see, if we are seeing anything, are just scouts, maybe we are on some alien Discovery channel, with a David Attenborough like narrator.

Out of all the probabilities, I would say this is the most likely. The whole Type one, Type Two, etc, civilizations seems like the most reasonable approach

originally posted by: Aliensun

For a short answer to the question you pose--and I'm sure it will not suffice to your mind--is that you are thinking like a human and )can)not like an alien that may have little regard for individual human thought patterns among those on the globe they oversee.

To help you get a grasp on that concept, religious or not, think of why a believer human can never understand the way a highly held God power does its work. Or why an ant can never understand the reason for the descending foot.

A bit condescending are we?

Firstly, I'm an atheist.

Secondly, I only provided human thought processing due to it being the only one we really know, and thus what we would likely do in that situation. I was not stating that we are the ideal race and therefore every other race should do things how we do things.

Thirdly, if all these stories are true, then we DO see actions which would seem to be an attempt to shield their existence to us from one degree or another. So I don't see the need to be so hostile towards this otherwise, innocent topic?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It does appears as if the UFOs, sometimes, want to be seen. Like the time they flew over the Whitehouse in 1952, in fact they wanted to be seen so ardently, they caused the air force to issue a nationwide "UFO shootdown" order. Though at other times, they cannot be seen with the naked eye.

Trying to discern the motivations behind alien actions is bound to be difficult at best. Sometimes they wish to be seen, possibly to remind us that they are still here or it could simply be that they didn't know there was a human around to take notice, especially if they are out in the wilderness.

Another reason why they may wish to be seen is for our safety. For example if they are flying in our airspace crowded with our aircraft and they are not visible to the human eye or radar, then one of our aircraft may accidentally crash into them. Their spacecraft may not be damaged but, the human craft may be destroyed along with it's passengers.
edit on 1-7-2015 by deloprator20000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: nodukkha

There are some who have argued that the modus operandi of UFOs more closely resembles an attempt to modify the psyches of those who see and hear about them than any kind of scientific research project.

Exactly, albeit within the confines of free will.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The obvious answer is that they want us to see them. It isn't about surveillance at all, but about something else. Planned sightings to influence people in certain ways. Crashes? Another issue. One would guess they don't plan those.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Maybe, like all the different countries / system of belief / government and so on here on earth, there is lots of different aliens, each having their own agenda and interest. One with the 'do not interfere', the other with the 'let's beam some up to test' etc.. Some do care about not showing themselves, others don't. Just like when we go study animals in the wild.

edit on 2015 7 2 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join