It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State, federal officials to address Greeleyville AME church fire at 10 a.m.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
www.abcnews4.com...

Uh-oh. Another predominantly black church was torched yesterday, this one in Greeleyville, South Carolina.

What's particularly interesting about this one is 20 years ago the very same church was torched by two KKK members. Bill Clinton attended the reopening and rededication of the church. It appears that the church is a total loss.

The one thing I liked most about this article is that it also lists all the other church fires over the last week, and gives a quick update on them. The one in Charlotte was intentional but is thought to be the work of vandals as opposed to racially motivated.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Fixed location

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The one in Charlotte was intentional but is thought to be the work of vandals as opposed to racially motivated.

Interesting distinction… I'm guessing the 'vandals' weren't black.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

And I'm sure some Conservative/NRA fan/Republican/Christian/Libertarian will be along any moment to remind us all again of how the evil US government is entirely wrong, biased and unfair to state that domestic right-wing extremism is more of a threat than ISIS.

This is exactly why the Federal Government is taking right-wing extremism seriously.

When you have Conservative Christians holding seminars where they publicly state on stage that a "revolution is coming", that the "evil gays" need to be stopped, that "Muslims" need to be locked up in concentration camps, that the "white race" is under attack, no doubt the federal government should be considering these groups of people to be a considerable threat.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The one in Charlotte was intentional but is thought to be the work of vandals as opposed to racially motivated.

Oh, don't tell me we're going to see this apologist sentiment in these cases too?

The USA is a strange place.
Terrorists are only terrorists if they're Muslim.
Police shooting victims are "thugs" but only if they're black.
Arsonists are just vandals if they burn down a predominantly black church...

Please America, get your sh** together, the rest of the world is looking at you like "WTF?"

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

As of this morning the perpetrators are still unknown so...

Maybe?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

The USA is a strange place.
Terrorists are only terrorists if they're Muslim.

Don't generalize, the media presents that image to you.

Main Street America knows what time it is, but has little voice compared to Main Stream Media clamor.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Before everyone starts yelling Racist and jumping on Whites, Christians, Cops ,Govt and any other thing they can blame - This was posted 20 mins ago

Source: Fire at South Carolina black church wasn't arson
Posted: Jul 01, 2015 7:30 AM CDT
Updated: Jul 01, 2015 7:30 AM CDT
GREELEYVILLE, S.C. (AP) - A federal law enforcement source says a fire that destroyed a black church in South Carolina was not the work of an arsonist.

The source says preliminary indications are that the fire at the Mount Zion African Methodist Episcopal Church in Greeleyville, 50 miles north of Charleston, was not intentionally set and was not arson. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case publicly. The source says the fire is still under investigation.

edit on 1-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

Before we start blaming people, why not wait till they actually know what caused it.

SHAMROCK6 - This was not directed at you. I guess I was reading your post and clicked reply on it by mistake. Sorry.
edit on 1-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: another typo. all thumbs today

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

As of this morning the perpetrators are still unknown so...

Maybe?

The joke we never hear:

"Black man walks into a church, movie theatre, school, airport, with a gun…"

Not in this country!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's just heritage

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

And I'm sure some Conservative/NRA fan/Republican/Christian/Libertarian will be along any moment to remind us all again of how the evil US government is entirely wrong, biased and unfair to state that domestic right-wing extremism is more of a threat than ISIS.

Since we're keeping score, remind me how many buildings burned in Ferguson?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

No worries. I was going to post an update from the press conference when it went up. Looks like somebody couldn't wait that long

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

This is exactly why the Federal Government is taking right-wing extremism seriously.

When you have Conservative Christians holding seminars where they publicly state on stage that a "revolution is coming", that the "evil gays" need to be stopped, that "Muslims" need to be locked up in concentration camps, that the "white race" is under attack, no doubt the federal government should be considering these groups of people to be a considerable threat.

Seriously? It's funny how it's always the fault of white Christians and probably has nothing to do with the endless stories like this one;

Black mob swarms Macon Walmart; beats man in wheelchair

Just Google black mob violence or black on white violence and you get hundreds of stories from around the country of these black mob assaults and attacks on stores, but they never make the national media. Only when there is a white on black crime, which is much, much, much more rarer.

It's the way it has all been orchestrated. Lets continue to feed into this mindset that blacks are under attack from white extremists until we succeed at causing all out chaos so that the government can get their wish...martial law and a complete seizure of the guns...because up to now, everything else has failed. Mass shooting after mass shooting has failed, even the mass murder of a bunch of school children. They will not ever take away hundreds of millions of guns without martial law, and they know that now, because even complete shock value has failed.

Ferguson was a test run just to see how America would react. Baltimore was a follow up. More are coming and it will get worse in coming months and guess what...we'll stand by and do nothing until it's too late.

new topics

top topics

join