It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How a crisis in Estonia could lead to World War III

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

All jupiter deployments were RATHER clearly published SO it's quite WELL knownlauniusr.wordpress.com...
edit on 1-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: ketsuko
a reply to: kitzik

I wanted to reply to all posts, I noticed concerning Estonian President being from New Jersey.

President in Estonia has no real power. He has just a representative role, kinda like the Royal Family in UK or the President Joachim Gauck in Germany. He can not dictate any policies or set his political agenda. The person with the most power is the prime minister (like David Cameron in UK or Angela Merkel in Germany as chancellor). The current Prime Minister in Estonia is Taavi Rõivas who has education from local university (as do every other minister in current government, at least according to my knowledge, havent really checked out).

NATO as well as the additional machinery and troops coming from is something this nation sees very positively and has voluntarely chosen, even majority of the local Russians. The history with Russia has been bloody and painful for this small nation, having been forced to be part of USSR as well as the Russian Empire in the 1800s, 200 years of slavery. Of course, at the moment, considering the situation, there is a reason to be at alert and ensure the independence of this nation. Considering the population, which is only 1.3 million, there is a reason for strong allies. At least NATO does not come here, dictating the policies, shipping off/killing the local population, forcing their language and culture on us as well as shipping in locals for creating larger Russian population, as Soviet Union did after the WWII. Only a strong patriotic bloodless revolution (The Singing Revolution) helped this nation gain independence back and currently everything possible is done to ensure it stays this way.

edit on 2-7-2015 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

Well I know your familiar with Estonia. And I think the country is in real danger. In fact it looks silly like it could be the start of a world war. Again history would repeat itself a small Eastern European country much like the start of world war 2.

There's something along of people did not notice. Obama went there gave his speech how Estonia would be protected and would remain free. And less than 48 hours after Obama's address, Russian agents blanketed an Estonia-Russia border crossing with tear gas, stormed across, and kidnapped an Estonian state security officer, Eston Kohver, who specialized in counterintelligence. Kohver has been held illegally in a Russian prison. I see this as one of several signs that Putin's Russia is asserting a right to meddle in these former Soviet territories.

Now what scares me is during the cold war there was red lines.. Both sides knee where they were, and knew what happens if crossed. But putin is playing a game trying to blur those lines. For example Ukraine he invades it but yet doesn't because he claims he's not. This makes NATO cautious on intervening, obviously no one wants a world war.

Bit the worst part is with Putin blurring the line he may push it to far. I see this could happen I'm estonia. Put in is already sending planes into Baltic airspace and ships in their waters. I think he wants the baltics.But even if Russia in fact has no designs on the Baltics, its bluffing and posturing has already created the conditions for an unwanted war. In early April, for example, a Russian fighter jet crossed into the Baltic Sea and "buzzed" a US military plane, missing it by only 20 feet. Now what would have happened if Russia hit that plane and it went down. I don't think it would immediately go to war. But US escalation Would be huge probably including anti aircraft batteries stations on the Russian border.

Now of course this would be a threat to Putin causing him to counter probably terrorist attacks in Estonia. And of course heating up tensions on the border with the ethnic russians. This leads to two scenarios. Fake an attack by Estonia on Russia so they can claim to retailiate to protect their border. Or again use the little green men to set up a rebellion like in ukraine. This would immediately trigger defense pact in both scenarios. And after Obama's speech at least the US can't back down. So we end up with Us troops fighting in estonia..

Now the crazy part putin has relaxed the rules for when Russia can use nukes. He honestly believes their is such a thing as a limited strike. Him and his generals honestly believe this. However NATO does not.

Now I may be wrong but I fear the Baltic a will be the start of a conflict if it occurs.
edit on 7/2/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/2/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Russia has not invaded Ukraine so please do not try and deceive gullible members on this site

Well then you may want to tell Putin that as he has admitted to sending armed troops to Crimea for the sake of annexation of a sovereign countries territory...also known as an invasion.

Learn it...know it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Hey thanks for the info on the Estonian President Ives being from New Jersey.

He was raised in New Jersey he was born in Stockholm Sweden, and his parents were Estonian with his grandmother a Russian citizen.

So just because someone comes to the US and gets an education that somehow means he is a puppet of the US...

Absoute classic, almost made my eyes pop out when I read the Wiki on him, President Obama says "he's know as Tom."

No the wiki about him does not...at least not the one here.

en.wikipedia.org...

But I wouldn't expect you to actually read the personal wiki page for the actual truth now would I?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Russia has no business in invading the Baltics. Russian minorities there are not being persecuted or harrased.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Russia has no business in invading the Baltics. Russian minorities there are not being persecuted or harrased.

They weren't in Crimea, or Ukraine...but that didn't stop him there now did it?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Nearly 6-10K killed in Donbass from Ukes artillery shelling and that is not enough for you?

If similar thing happens in Baltics (which are in NATO btw ) then Russia still has every right to interfere and brings things to calm and peace.

While NATO is much more powerful than Russia, but in the event Moscow knowing how shoot down the stealth would create some seriously threatening issues for the alliance.

If Russians are still broke and busted in handling stealth, then they better suck up and remain quiet.

Corrupt and stagnant Russian economy chases away its own people and Russians in Baltics are no different. In the event they feel unhappy in Baltic nations, most will leave for the EU and other places, rather than come back to Russia and swim in the stagnation economics.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Nearly 6-10K killed in Donbass from Ukes artillery shelling and that is not enough for you?

If similar thing happens in Baltics (which are in NATO btw ) then Russia still has every right to interfere and brings things to calm and peace.

While NATO is much more powerful than Russia, but in the event Moscow knowing how shoot down the stealth would create some seriously threatening issues for the alliance.

If Russians are still broke and busted in handling stealth, then they better suck up and remain quiet.

Corrupt and stagnant Russian economy chases away its own people and Russians in Baltics are no different. In the event they feel unhappy in Baltic nations, most will leave for the EU and other places, rather than come back to Russia and swim in the stagnation economics.

You forgot to mention that shelling happened from Russian territory by Russian troops. Just go look at the UN reports.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Not to mention that even the residents of separatist held areas are claiming they're being used as human shields. Now what are the separatists' justification for shelling downtown Mariupol. Last time I checked the Ukrainian military weren't using residential areas as cover.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The Estonians are a remarkable people - the Singing Revolution was a miraculous turning of the tide.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Same in Ukraine… Bidens son gonna run the oil business there for the West.

Not even close...

When did working for a companies legal unit give you the authority to run the whole company, even as he is on the board of directors he still has no power to run the day to day operations there.

He was also hired because he is a lawyer...which is what one looks for to run the legal unit.

And the pics you posted aren't even related to Biden's son and his job in Ukraine. But why would you post something relevant to the thread?

In fact they were from the 2010 NCAA tournament...link to story and pic.

www.theepochtimes.com... aine-use-report/

Good try though using old photos to try and make it look like something it isn't...can we say misinformation, although it seems more like propaganda than it does anything else.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

SO the separatist haven't killed any of those that have died during this conflict?

You may want to go back and research that.

No Russia does not...those states that wanted to became sovereign countries and left the rule of Russia, and that alone makes them their own country where Russia has no say in what they do or who the want to align themselves with.

And what happened in Ukraine was a direct result of Putin strong arming Ukraine while Yanukovych was in office.

ALso if they try to do that with a NATO country...the response would not be good for Russia.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Bidens Son died recenty so he won't be running anything.

What_a_shame.

Some other puppet will take his place. Appointing western members of the hegemony to run things isn't going to stop any time soon.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You speak remarkable English for an Estonian.

But don't want independence for you country either.

So, whomever the current puppet master is okay with you, got it.

Big target painted on the NATO contingent in you country, got it…

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

No Russia does not...those states that wanted to became sovereign countries and left the rule of Russia, and that alone makes them their own country where Russia has no say in what they do or who the want to align themselves with.

It is nothing to do with who was what before 1991 USSR split. If Russian ethnic people are persecuted even in a Bananna republic 5000 kms from Europe, then Russia has every right to take overt and covert measures to undo that treatment of its people. Just like anyother country would do so also.

The fact that Baltics are next door to Russia makes it much more likely that Moscow would firmly deal with the issue. Glad that such treatment is not taking place right now but if it does then don't expect Moscow to sit idle.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

even as he is on the board of directors he still has no power to run the day to day operations there.

Thats why they are called Board_Of_Directors.

Geez even you can do better than this.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

All jupiter deployments were RATHER clearly published SO it's quite WELL knownlauniusr.wordpress.com...

By older people. Doubt they teach it in school nowadays. My guess is they don't teach that Cuba is still blockaded and Guantanamo is illegally occupying Cuban lands, to this day. Thats not changing anytime soon either.

BIG talk though of "New relationship", bah blah blah.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Guantanimo was legally rented from the Cubans actually. Part of the deal is when its closed they get to keep the buildings and infrastructure to run it if they choose to.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I can't comment on inferior minds who fail to learn history myself but THOSE were on a COSTNER movie so NOT really all that hidden.
edit on 2-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join