It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: anyone joining NATO gives up sovereignty to USA, at that point you are enemy in WW3 scenario

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

Far as I know Russia hasn't bombed anyone, installed a dictator, and stolen their resources in many years.

No need to when you strong arm them and make them take deals they can't refuse.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I actually believe that most of Russian are in response to the existential threat that America represents.

Because that is what Putin's media tells them...and since Russia owns all but a very few media outlets they get what the Kremlin want them to hear.

If they knew the truth...guarantee that would be shown to be a lie.

Russia may not smell like daisies, but their threat is limited by their limited power making them a lesser concern for me than the real monster,

Well that's nice to hear, but those who have seen Putin games up close and personal beg to differ.

and the fact that they ARE fighting for their future and for self determination makes the balance of justification with them.

Why is Russia fighting for their future and who is it they are fighting?

Also what self determination are they fighting for?

Russia has done whatever damage to themselves...I guess you missed the fact that before Putin's little run in Ukraine he was one of the best liked world leaders, but his mindset of somehow reuniting the old Federation changed those views.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I get confused when you use the word "we" instead of the more accurate "you Americans." You seem to be following an alternate version of events that does not intersect with reality. What, exactly, do you believe the United States has done in Syria? Be specific: name, dates and numbers, please, otherwise all you are doing is mouthing vague, unsubstantiated beliefs.

This is not exactly off-topic; the implication seems to be that if you refuse to join NATO you will be turned into the next Syria or Ukraine.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: Xcalibur254

So NATO was not involved in Syria?Iraq?Libya? Hm.

Check your facts please. Some members of NATO were involved in Libya, but not NATO as an organization. Same with Iraq; technically most of the "alliance" fighting there were not in NATO. Same with support of the rebels in Syria, although Russian support for Assad, who has taken to chemical warfare and illegal barrel bombs against civilians, has been unwavering.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

NATO is the international arm of the us distinctly set up to isolate Russia. All these events from Iraq to Syria to Iran to Venezuela are us attempts to cut off the support base of Russia's non western controlled trading partners.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

NATO is the international arm of the us distinctly set up to isolate Russia.

No it isn't.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

NATO never took military action in Iraq. The closest they got was deploying troops to Turkey as a precautionary measure. In Libya they acted at the request of the UN to enforce the no-fly zone. That means Russia approved of the decision. If they didn't they could have used their veto. And NATO has done nothing in Syria.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

NATO is the international arm of the us distinctly set up to isolate Russia. All these events from Iraq to Syria to Iran to Venezuela are us attempts to cut off the support base of Russia's non western controlled trading partners.

Wrong, NATO is a group of independent nations who banded together in mutual self defense against Soviet imperialism. After the Second World War, the USSR seized German and Polish territories and annexed the smaller Baltic states. It then placed puppet governments in Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Roumania, and the Eastern Zone of Germany. Uprisings against these puppet governments would be met by occupation by Soviet tanks. There was a very real fear among European nations that the USSR would manufacture a crisis to serve as a pretext for further expansion.

Membership was completely voluntary; France was a founding member but withdrew in the 1960s with no repercussions (outside of a few contemporary spy thrillers that featured French double agents working for the USSR). Switzerland and Austria have never joined, preferring to remain neutral, a status which benefits the discrete banking and espionage industries respectively.

As the Russian people are starting to learn to their disadvantage, most of Russia's most important trading partners are in NATO. Is selling arms to Assad more important than importing European agricultural goods? Putin seems to think so.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Wrong, NATO is a group of independent nations who banded together in mutual self defense against Soviet imperialism.

Still fighting the "Cold" war, I see. Still see Soviets and Commies around every corner. Soviets are no more. NATO filled the vacuum left by the retreating Soviet armor.

Now who's the bad guys occupying the Wasrsaw Pact nations?

Deny, deny, deny.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

As time goes on you'll witness these same characters on every thread, burying the truth and rewriting history.

Don't try to convince them, that impossible. Just counter the lies as you a see them so others see the difference. Like me. Great work.

"There is no spoon".

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You are the one in denial. Putin has brought the Cold war back with a vengeance. Keep your eyes closed and ears shut, you're not going to like what your hero is about to do. (Hint: the Caspian is the next theater of operation on his to do list.)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Putin has brought the Cold war back with a vengeance.

The only vengeance being played out is upon Russia by the US for vetoing Libyan style intervention in Syria on at least three separate occasions in the UN security council.

Bwah, wah.

You can fool some of the people some of the time…

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Just counter the lies as you a see them so others see the difference. Like me.

How touching! You have taken a Newbie under your wing. Now, show him or her how it's done:

1. Prove that the USSR did not annex parts of Poland and Germany after WW2 as I ignorantly claimed.

2. Prove that NATO was not formed as a response to Soviet aggression.

3. Expose the lie that France withdrew from NATO without negative consequences.

4. Explain the true fate of Austria and Switzerland, how they suffered at NATO's hands.

I know you can do it! You are a beacon of Truth, respected by all!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Of course. And the imf is not the executive arm of western bankers for the purpose of looting everything not bolted down in vulnerable countries. Its there to help poor brown people. And the patriot act is really there to protect us from terrorists. And war is just there for us to spread democracy. Not to transfer hundreds of billions from taxpayers to those who declare war. And police are there to protect and serve. Wake up zombies.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Yes, wake up zombies! Insist on the demilitarization of the police! This is America, we can change things. (Sorry you can't do that in Russia any more.)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Newbie? I've been here like 15 years. And debated your zombie self since 4 or 5 years ago, at least.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Newbie? I've been here like 15 years. And debated your zombie self since 4 or 5 years ago, at least.

Sorry, your rating was so abysmally low I assumed you couldn't have been here more than a few weeks. So, as an experienced member of ATS, can you respond to the list I posted? On your own?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I hear every day of atrocities Our police commit. I don't read about Russian cops raping girls who call them, killing kids, etc. I also havens heard stories of Russian soldiers raping, stealing, and killing women and children indiscriminately in these lands they so called "invaded".

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Reply to the list, please,

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Priorities. Drinking and hanging with the wifey and kids. Its called a life, and why I don't have hundreds of thousands of posts after 15 some odd years.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join