It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin: anyone joining NATO gives up sovereignty to USA, at that point you are enemy in WW3 scenario

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

One need only look at History to find out a few things regarding NATO

In 1966, France left NATO. What did NATO do? Did NATO invade France under the guise of protecting Native English Speakers in France? Did NATO foment rebellion in order swoop in and "save" them from themselves?

Nope. Other than some "We're disappointed" language, France went on as normal.

On the other hand, let's look at Ukraine. Ukraine merely STARTED having closer ties with the west. Look what's happened to them now.

And you say NATO is the bad guy?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

Right. You get to keep more sovereignty if you bend knee to Putin and Russia?

I think not.

Yes, the U.S. is a mess. Frankly, if there is to be a WWIII then best to be on the winning side...it won't be Russia or it's satellite states.....

edit on 1-7-2015 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

On the other hand, let's look at Ukraine. Ukraine merely STARTED having closer ties with the west. Look what's happened to them now.

The people in Eastern Ukraine?

Russians aren't responsible for what happened in Kiev. Or that NATO is resupplying Kiev with armaments and training thugs to kill Ukrainians in the East.

Like that isn't obvious, either.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

One need only look at History to find out a few things regarding NATO

In 1966, France left NATO. What did NATO do? Did NATO invade France under the guise of protecting Native English Speakers in France? Did NATO foment rebellion in order swoop in and "save" them from themselves?

Nope. Other than some "We're disappointed" language, France went on as normal.

Propaganda has a way of hiding the truth like that.
Their narrative is, oh poor is me Russia, victim Russia, savior Russia, moral Russia, Strong Russia etc etc. while pumping out warmongering NATO, USA puppet masters, debt slaves of the West etc etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A few years ago I remember reading about a Russian Colonel who drove a cab to make ends meet (pay the bills, feed his kids).

I don't imagine that's changed much.

Russian troops may be hard as nails, but American troops will surprise you. We can be as hard as hammers and you know what hammers do to nails

MDA ensures a war between a superpower like the USA and it's allies and a country like Russia with delusions of grandeur and it's allies will never take place. Be thankful for that. I know I am thankful for it. Although I have no doubt my side would win the pain and suffering would dwarf anything seen in the last 70 years and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

When Russia threatens people for wanting a better life or more options that puts him in the wrong, not NATO. Perhaps Russia should be a better neighbor and countries would leave NATO to join the Warsaw Pact again

I don't worship anything except the female form and good bourbon, I do enjoy a good fight though. Russia promises a good fight for a year or two and it'll be different to actually engage troops rather than rag tag skirmishers. Perhaps I'll see you in the Motherland, but I sincerely hope not.

War is hell and the only one's who call for it are the one's who have never witnessed it first hand.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Don't pretend what's happening in Ukraine isn't being inflamed by Russia. Russia has been arming the rebels in Eastern Ukraine, and even sending RUSSIAN soldiers across the border to fight with them. The U.S. only recently started providing aid to the Ukrainian military, and it was in response to Russia's refusal to stop fomenting the conflict in Ukraine.

You are, however, correct on one point. Russia isn't responsible for what happened in Kiev. However, what happened AFTER the events in Kiev have all been under the auspices of Russia. The annexation of Crimea, the fomenting of tensions in Eastern Ukraine, all of it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Shamrock6

Oh look, another America hate thread from an America hater.

That isn't America over there…

just to be clear…

Allow me to rephrase:

Another yay Russia poor Russia America is bad the west is bad NATO is bad but Russia is great thread from the same person.

Should clear that up nicely.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Russians aren't responsible for what happened in Kiev.

Russia's puppet Yanukovych deliberately over-exposed Svoboda in the media in order to make himself look good, and to justify the Kremlin's neo-Nazi allegations. This makes Russia responsible for creating the crisis in Kyiv. Russia also sent in agitators to foment violence.

Or that NATO is resupplying Kiev with armaments and training thugs to kill Ukrainians in the East.

NATO has been training soldiers to be professional, so that there will be less violence done to civilians. The Russians deliberately kept Ukraine under-armed and under-trained just so it would eventually be able to conquer. Russia has been supplying arms and troops the the Neo-Nazis who have seized power in the East.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Eventually, when they realize they can't eat armaments, western imposed sanctions, spying, troops and tanks, loans from a US stacked heavily with debt, having targets painted on their backs…

did I leave anything out?

Yes, 9/11.

Oh yah, Russian gas royalties and trade goods.

What will Europe do if it can't buy Russian bear skin?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

WHAT kind of person enjoys misery?
WHAT is your malfunction?
I WASN'T happy to see Iraqi's die when I fought them I was /am STILL rather sad.
I'm not happy pleased or and ANY way rewarded by Russia's misery,because I KNOW what such things LEAD to.
NATO ..in case you haven't noticed IS NOT doing what the US wants .IT'S DOING what GLOBALISTS want AND THEY WANT America DOWN so they can get all of YOU.
The BIG huge gorilla in the room is 400 million GUNS in private hands thet could destroy their regimes which is WHY they are playing the DIVISION game here in America.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Check out ALASKA ,THERE'S your border ..IT'S ALSO where Russia is building up near by.
If Russia thrusted the US more you would be correct ,they don't.
Once China moves on them WE'LL kick China's ASS for it.
UNPROVOKED attacks are frown upon by most western countries and YOU know as well as I Russia would ask for help if China did that.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

What is this ? Like your 4th or 5th screen /member name in as many months? How many times are you planning on rejoining after getting banned ?

Shhhhhh!

You are not allowed to point out the Russian troll army.

It mostly ends in you getting warnings and removed posts.

Funny how the mods let them go on and on.

But punish truth seekers for pointing out the obvious.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
NATO is a military alliance. All the talk of putin this and that pales when we consider that Russia left the Warsaw pact countries and the vacuum was filled by NATO. So Russia isn't the aggressor anymore. Now its NATO who has filled the very same role everyone clamored about when it was the Warsaw Pact.

The evil russians occupied all those countries, threatening the west.

But if NATO occupies all those very same countries, thats acceptable because we need to defend them from the country that left.

Whaaa…?

The reason that argument works is younger people don't remember all the cold war rhetoric about the Soviets and the Iron curtain, blah blah.

Older people see the hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

There's a reason the Warsaw Pact dissolved.

There's a reason so many countries have joined NATO.

People understand what Putin is trying to do, which is re-establish the old USSR.

He's expanding his borders, bit by bit. Taking a chunk here, a bite there. All the while saying that such moves were necessary because of "western aggression". I'm sorry, but the aggressor is the one TAKING the territory, not the one DEFENDING the territory.

That's why I have such a hard time seeing your point of view on things. Russia is taking all these bits and pieces of land, yet somehow NATO is the aggressor? I don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

The United States and Russia do share a common border, and as has been pointed out,

By who, Sarah Palin?

She can see Russian from her house, too!

That was Tina Fey. At least give credit where it's due.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

One need only look at History to find out a few things regarding NATO …

Don't look to far back into the history of US military might. It gets bloody.
edit on 1-7-2015 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Putin: anyone joining NATO gives up sovereignty to USA, at that point you are enemy in WW3 scenario

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yes, 9/11

Yah, falsest flag of all.

Funny, you're on the 911 forums crying about the conspiracy of controlled demo, aren't you?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The United States and Russia do share a common border, and as has been pointed out,

By who, Sarah Palin?

She can see Russian from her house, too!

That was Tina Fey. At least give credit where it's due.

Tina Fay clowned what she said like I did, but here…

lets rewind the cold war tapes…

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Every country has blood on it's hands. ESPECIALLY if you look back far enough. Hell, Josef Stalin killed tens of millions of HIS OWN PEOPLE. You wanna talk bloody? Mao Zedong killed EVEN MORE.

If you're going apply a microscope to one nation, it must be applied to others as well, otherwise your bias will show.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join