It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cars Are A Curse.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Selfish and lazy? You have any idea how many people I feed with the animals I kill? I'm far from selfish. And all those animals and fish don't clean themselves, so I don't consider myself lazy.

I also enjoy riding/racing my emission spewing two stroke dirt bikes. Gotta have an emission spewing truck to get to the races, as there are no clean, emission free buses/trains that run through the country.

Nice hyperbolic, name calling, I'm better than you rant though.

BTW, the only fast food I eat are the animals I kill. And I'm not fat!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RedParrotHead Well spotted😜

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Cars aren't the curse, it's people. People cause so much more damage to the earth with all their tools of destruction than cars do.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
I going to drive round the corner to the shops now instead of walk just because of this post

And I will try and hit as many birds and badgers on the way as I can

Don't forget to insist the store clerk double bag each item, individually!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

I going to drive round the corner to the shops now instead of walk just because of this post

And I will make sure what I buy is shipped from as far way as possible

I am burning coal in my backyard now cause # you I can

edit on 1-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

And I will make sure what I buy is shipped from as far way as possible

I am burning coal in my backyard now cause # you I can

Every morning I wake up and pour diesel onto some old truck tires and light'em up!

I love the smell of that thick black smoke in the morning!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

No, I don't wonder - the sun is the culprit. The oceans produce far more CO2 than do we, and the sun is the driving force behind all of it. Cars? No, cars are awesome; freedom on wheels.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Cars are not a curse, their energy systems are. And I'm not a big fan of big powerful engines...And I'm one of what you call weirdos trying to invent alternative energy systems.

I hear you about animals. Luckily I have never hit an animal with a car yet, although I see lots of road kill and it does bother me.

My advice to avoid hitting an animal (except for those drunk bipeds) - avoid driving at night in rural/forrested places where animals are a lot more active and often cross the road - if you don't have a choice, then drive at a slower speed.

I love animals and cars. I love cars because they seem alive, at least to me. And my job as an inventor is to cure their dangerous appetite for toxic and/or expensive sources of energy.
edit on 2-7-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Think, human! Stop destroying the earth, the animals and yourself.

Are you sitting down? I use my SUV to travel to the forest, where I chop down trees for fuel and shoot animals so their flesh can sustain me, then I use the SUV to transport the wood and the meat back to my home.

Yeah, needless to say I am pretty unmoved by the OP's argument here. Cars are a tool, and just like any other tool they have a tremendous value when used properly and when maintained properly to ensure peak performance. Demonizing them is little more than emotional hysterics.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join