It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New and overwhelmed....kind of.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

My name is Tamms. I'm new to this website, after searching forum after a forum online. My life has been a muddle of strange occurrences and phenomena as along as I can remember. My family has it's own unique past, on my mother and father's sides of the family, that I guess lead me to be predisposed to the paranormal, and different sciences.

Over the past ten years especially, I've taken a huge interest in metaphysics and quantum physics, and it's been a struggle to find anyone to lend their expertise or theories on topics that mean so much to me, because as far as I'm concerned, they shape all our existence, in one form or another, one science to another, even parapsychology. I hope as I join this online community, I may share some of my theories, hypotheses, experiences with you all, and maybe even find more insight to add to my research, or just for peace of mind, or that elusive eureka moment some of us chase after.

Looking at all the different options of topics offered here, I'll admit, I'm a little overwhelmed. Online websites don't often come with a welcome committee like you'd imagine lol But I hope, as time goes along, beyond just introducing myself, I find others here who give me an opportunity or open door to address some of my more "heady" thinking that often gets shunned amongst my peers and family. I may join or conversation or two, but I admit with apprehension, I hope I'm not in over my head. Hope to speak to some of you soon.

Sincerely,
Tamms
edit on 1-7-2015 by JustTamms because: left out ONE word lol

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: JustTamms

There are many of us here happy to go off laterally thinking with you(and quite a few for whom the world is black or white with no grey allowed)welcome aboard there are many good you tube videos of lectures on quantum physics and mechanics these days of course the Buddha covered all this 2600 years ago.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Thank you. Right now, my biggest issue on the page is figuring out how to start a new thread in forum. Sounds simple enough, but went to the metaphysics forum and can't find a way to start a new post. Help.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Welcome

You can start your own thread once you hit 20 posts, for now just take a look around and get involved in some already running threads or something!

See ya on the boards!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You need to make a few posts first before you can start a thread, not sure how many 5 or 10 maybe. As for being in over your head you have made it this far. Welcome and good luck, there can be a lot of divergent view on things at times.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Ok! Thanks! I sure was wondering. Nerves easing a little. I was wondering if anyone was gonna respond. Good grief, it's like being the new girl in school, as silly as that sounds. Thank you though.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Haha just relax into it

With the topics you seem interested in, the worst is yet to come!

*jaws music, sharks circling*

Just kidding ... sorta

You'll soon get that trademark ATS Thick Skin© and just brush off the serial debunkers, as many have to do here daily lol.
edit on 1-7-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

lol I needed that laugh. I'm known as having a think skin, but this is my first time sharing my more intellectual side with people. It's not something that's readily expected in society today, especially not for a woman. As "civilized" as we tend to present our modern society, our thinking on the intellect of women tends to still be...demeaning overall. But, I'm optimistic after I've looked around awhile. I've never been one for validation, but I can say higher thinking in sciences tends to leave the thinker damn lonely lol

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Good Luck, grow a thick skin or they will eat you up and spit you out. Remember, this is an anonymous site and there will be those that just want to pick on everything you say. Ignore them, say what you want to say, share what you want to share and have no fear, the MODS have your back and so do some really nice members.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

Thanks

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Hello and welcome. I'm new too and it took a good look around and some questions asked to start getting around the site. Only just found out how to get an avatar

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

I dont think I'm even going to attempt an avatar lol after all I'm here for insight and engaging conversation. I couldn't even think of what kind of pic to put up there for an avatar if I tried.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Hello and Welcome To Our ATS Family!!!
Have a good time while on This Trip,
On The Wild Ride ATS MotherShip.

As Someone has already mentioned Before,
Welcome Aboard the Ship. Now Please Close the Door.

We don't want any Trolls coming up the stairs,
Pushing their Hatred and Lies, trying to pull out Your Hair.

You will Learn so much Here that it will fill You with Pride,
Just Remember Most of all Hey!, "It's Just A Ride!"
Syx...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Avatars are a good way of keeping track of who says what in a thread, you also start to recognise other members so I would reccomend getting one when you get around to it.

The members that create avatars and have a thread, you can give them a rough idea of what you''d like and they do the rest.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh yes, get an avatar! Oh, hello and welcome!!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hello, and welcome to ATS! It's a big site, with lots to navigate, but it''s also easier to locate certain topics that way, and avoid those that hold no interest for you.

Sounds like you might have some stories to share. I'd recommend checking out the various forums and categories, to locate the ones in which you might want to post any particular topic. For a forum that isn't clear in purpose, there is usually a thread detailing the types of topics the thread should cover. Reading a bit in each will give you a good idea as well. There used to be little descriptions that were at the top, hen you clicked to open a topic, but those are, sadly, gone.

You'll find a lot of different types of people here as well, some very friendly, others not so much, some willing to believe anything, some nothing, and most somewhere in between. It's a good community, overall, and we have some of the best mods online.

For the personal stories, The Gray Area is a good place to start. That one is for personal stuff that maybe can't be proven, but provides, at least in my opinion, some of the most interesting reads on the site! I love the personal stories. It's like a cozy little online campfire, and people sitting around sharing the spooky stuff.

Anyway, welcome, and have fun!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

How'd you get an avatar?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Welcome Tamms! It isn't so bad once you get going. There is every kind of person on this site! Experienced people,inexperienced folks, and professionals of many kinds.You will get to bring a lot out for discussion!

See ya around!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

It's taken me a few days, but it seems like I've been looking for ATS my whole adult life! Starting feel very much more at ease. There's an amazing melding of minds (and personalities) here! And actually, in the forum for metaphysics I'm feeling right at home!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join