It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body cam video shows Federal Heights Officer beating and abusing a handcuffed detainee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
A Colorado cop has been caught on video just flat out abusing a guy in custody. The cop slams him into a door causing a big gash on his head and then sits him in a chair and starts assaulting him.

This guy was handcuffed and the cop who knew he was being filmed kept yelling stop resisting, but it was obvious the guy who kept saying he was sorry was not resisting anything.

The best part of this story the cop was convicted of assault for breaking some guys arm while investigating illegal fireworks. But somehow he kept his job after being convicted of assault..

FEDERAL HEIGHTS, Colo. - Body cam video obtained by 7NEWS of two Federal Heights Police officers shows one officer shove a handcuffed detainee into a wall then later punch him repeatedly in a jail cell.

The incident happened in December.

The 9-minute 30-second video shows Officer Mark Magness pull the handcuffed man from the police car then shove him face first into a doorway.

"Stand up!" Officer Magness yells at the man who's heard apoligizing

www.thedenverchannel.com...

So will he be fired for this one? Will he be charged with a crime? Will he go to jail?

Find out next week on...
edit on 1-7-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Bloody thugs! When is enough enough?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The DA (AKA The other ahole ) gave him a sweet plea deal on both of those . This link says third-degree assault is the only assault that's not a felony in Colorado . I guess they did that so the cop wouldn't get fired because of a felony ?

source

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

The DA (AKA The other ahole ) gave him a sweet plea deal on both of those . This link says third-degree assault is the only assault that's not a felony in Colorado . I guess they did that so the cop wouldn't get fired because of a felony ?

source

It makes you wonder why they try and keep thugs like this on the job? I mean are they really the desperate for police that they get to keep their job after being convicted of assaulting a guy while on the job?

As soon as a cop breaks the law he should be fired. They are here to uphold the law. Once convicted of a DUI or an assault or any crime thats not a traffic violation it should be an automatic firing.

Hopefully he gets caught wearing confederate flag underwear that will get him fired..

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
What is the absolute most terrifying thing about this is the fact that officers like this are so mentally unstable and outright uncontrolably violent, they commit these acts fully aware they are being filmed and often even have body cams active themselves!
They care so little and get so blinded by rage they do not even bother hitting the off switch. Cops like this know even if their actions are Publicly brought To light they would be very unlikely to even end up with a misdemeanor charge, let alone said charge sticking!

The video provided by the OP is so outright blatant and bloody, one would Deeply hope charges easily come of this.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
"Stop Resisting" = "Why are you hitting yourself?"

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
"Stop Resisting" = "Why are you hitting yourself?"

LOL

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

source

Except there is this:

Third degree assault is commonly charged in situations involving minor physical altercations that do not involve apparent injury but do involve some degree of physical pain.

The blood on the dude's chin kind of eliminates this as a viable charge. The fact that there isn't an oversight group taking action against bad cops is a real problem.

A group that could investigate these claims and not be biased by local politics. This cop needs some jail time and a new career.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I agree the cop deserve some jail time. I guess you missed in my post it pissed me off that he was given the sweetest possible charge to plead guilty to .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And on the other one he was convicted of, he broke the guys arm. I would say that was an injury and some pain..

CX

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My daughter is going through the whole process of joining the UK police at the moment.....and what makes me laugh is that there is such a big deal about your criminal background prior to you getting in.....yet is seems irrelivant if you get a criminal record whilst once you're in?

In the UK military police, we could expect to be treated ten times worse if caught committing an offence, because you were expected to know better. As our motto said, "By Example We Lead". Rightly so too.

Despite some peoples opinions of the police, they do have a tough job to do at times, and when they aren't there, people cry like babies. Yes you need to get tough sometimes, but professionalism should be at the forefront of every officers mind.

CX.
edit on 1/7/15 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think this shows that this "cops beating or killing minorities epidemic" is not a racial problem. Its a cop problem.

I dont know what the demographics are in that city. But in that video, he beat a white and brown dude.

Thats the way it is in Albuquerque. APD does not descriminate. The black population here is like under 5%.

In Albuquerque, anyone can be assaulted by the police. They dont care what race you are here. There is no "white privilege". We are pretty much equals to each other here. Or at least thats how I see it. We cant really tell whos hispanic the way most of the country sees it.

So, no one really cares. Sure, I can spot Mexicans and Real Native Americans. Not a single F is given here.

We all get beat by the pigs here. They will find you and they will kill you.

top topics

join