It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vividness of dreams after drinking alcohol

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I notice if I am a bit typsy from drinking and I go to bed, my dreams are just so much more vivid. Does anyone else get this after drinking?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I don't know I don't drink .

However I used to get this way when I was prescribed pain med's when i tore my ACL.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Yeah, I also get it from drinking hot chocolate before bed. Must be the increase in dopamine that affects the dreams.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

I usually have no recollection of my dreams, unless I am not drunk.

Maybe everyone's different.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
If I drink even one beer, I have no dreams that night. Complete opposite effect on me.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I've had times I thought I was dreaming, then people told me what I did the next day...good ol' alcohol

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'm brain dead, no dreams at all.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

I do not dream at all whenI am tipsy or drunk. That is why they call it blackout drunk when you drink too much, you just experience nothing and wake up and, WHOA what time is it and where am I.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: croatianguy
I notice if I am a bit typsy from drinking and I go to bed, my dreams are just so much more vivid. Does anyone else get this after drinking?

Changes in whatever your body is used to, and especially things that make you have less restful sleep tend to increase dreaming. When I used to drink all the time, it took being sober to dream. Now that I don't drink so much, I have a couple, and it's into the deep end for me... Aliens and black choppers and girls, and wow last night was a Ride lol....

Also get more sunlight in the day time, and don't be on screens a few hours before bed.
You'll get more dreams like this too.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Just try taking melatonin before going to bed then, you will see what "more vivid dreams" really means.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I've also heard people on meth or coke have dreams so wild that borders on virtual reality.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

I had always thought of trying melatonin to increase the vividness of my dreams. I've always had an interest in dreams since I first learned I was pretty decent at lucid dreaming. I've been trying to come up with way to increase the frequency of lucid dreams and eventually take it to OOBE.

Does melatonin really increase the dream state that much?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I've also heard people on meth or coke have dreams so wild that borders on virtual reality.

Yeah well, I wouldn't recommend those on the other hand.

Melatonin is naturally produced in the body so it's a different kind of league than psychotropic substances.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Does melatonin really increase the dream state that much?

I'm not sure it will help with lucid dreaming because it puts you in a more profound sleep state so it could prevent from being more conscious, though it is possible since I had somewhat lucid dreams using melatonin too.

What it does for me is making dreams extremely vivid and kind of more crazy, like my subconscious is even more free to express itself.

But it should only be used occasionally, and sometimes a smaller dose (less than 1mg) works even better than a larger one.

Info on melatonin:
www.erowid.org...
edit on 1-7-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Yes, I have vivid dreams after having several beers every time.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

Just try taking melatonin before going to bed then, you will see what "more vivid dreams" really means.

20 mg, leads me to the best psychic dreams. 10 mg and I get a good night's sleep.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: JUhrman

20 mg, leads me to the best psychic dreams. 10 mg and I get a good night's sleep.

That seems completely unnecessary. A typical dose (1 to 3 mg) elevates your blood melatonin levels to 1 to 20 times normal.

1 mg is enough for me to have super vivid dreams. If you take more, most of it will simply be eliminated by your body.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I just read through some of the information on that linked site. I'm definitely going to give that a try to help induce lucid dreams. However, the stated dosages are all over the place. It's going to take a little bit more reading up on it.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Two years ago I found myself drinking every night for 3 months; I would go to sleep with a slight buzz and some nights pretty zonked. I can tell you I would have vivid, detailed dreams..dreams that felt like they went on forever..and I always remembered them with great detail. I even had a few lucid dreams during this time period. Once I stopped drinking the frequency of vivid dreams nearly stopped completely. I also found myself sleeping longer than normal.a reply to: croatianguy

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

I just read through some of the information on that linked site. I'm definitely going to give that a try to help induce lucid dreams. However, the stated dosages are all over the place. It's going to take a little bit more reading up on it.

Yeah from my personal usage it's not a substance where increasing the dose will drastically increase the effect, hence many people take more than necessary without realizing it.

Do as usual with all substance and start low (1mg if you can) and only increase if you see no changes, that way you know exactly your threshold. Taking more will simply cost you more with no real added value. The effect you expect is regarding dreams, not sleeping aid. The "vivid dreams" effect happens at even lower dose than the sleep aid one.

Also if you take it sub-lingual the effect will happen more quickly than if you eat it.

The appropriate dose can vary enormously from person to person. Dr. Pierpaoli, a leading melatonin researcher, has successfully used dosages ranging from 0.1 to 200 mg. That's a 2000-fold difference between the lowest dose and the highest! Several intelligent melatonin users we know started by taking 3 mg at 11 p.m., and then adjusted the dose from there. If they found that they slept well but were drowsy in the morning, they cut the dose in half. If they found the dose had little or no sleep-inducing effect, they increased the dose by 3 mg each night until they got the desired effect. We have received reports from one person who gets good results from less than one milligram, and several from people who use in the vicinity of 20 mg. Most people get good results with doses between 3 and 10 mg.

edit on 1-7-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join