It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated List of Fatal Police Shootings for 2015

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
The fact remains that 400+ people have been killed by LEO's this year.

I am not saying that some were not justified , on the contrary , I am positive some were ,however I am skeptical about them all being justified .

Well, it's obvious that some were not justified, as we have officers under investigation and on trial every year in this massive country. The problem is that you seem to continue to imply that most are unjustified based on an ideology put on display in your OP. Maybe I'm interpreting your implication incorrectly.

To be fully Honest I truly believe that USA would be on a top ten list of the most aggressive LEO's,hands down .

The LEO's will continue to do what they do and the moral compass of the private sector will continue to diminish ,thus breeding more crime and more Fatality's.

Here's the problem--you pretend that the LEOs are the major issue here. What about all the damn criminals? Yes, there are a few criminal elements in law enforcement who have unjustly killed people in the line of duty (and off duty), but the balance of a-hole criminals to a-hole LEOs is leaning extremely to the side of the criminals.

You should be more concerned with the asinine laws in this country that our LEOs are sometimes forced by "the brass" to enforce, even if the LEOs disagree with the law. Eric Garner's arrest comes to mind--dude was choked out over selling some damn cigarettes, all because the local government wanted a piece of that taxable pie. I'm not saying the LEOs that perform choke-hold takedowns over "loosies" don't retain some culpability, but that's like going after the high-school drug dealer in order to stop production of the drug.
edit on 1-7-2015 by SlapMonkey because: me code like fingerless monkey

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

- 228 are white...49%
- 121 are black...26%

Must be a mistake.

All these narratives beat into the ground by the media aren't true? They are false?

Shocking!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
a reply to: intrepid

So this is acceptable?

Care to give us the stats for the whole of Europe?

That might be comparative.........or would that burst the bubble?

Deflection and obfuscation will not lessen the fact that in this type of situation the cop is more apt to end up dead IN THE US. That's what the OP is about.

I respect your Opinion on this,however I disagree respectfully.

My Op is about a list of fatality's by LEO's .

I don't know of the circumstances surrounding their deaths we can only speculate based on the info that has been provided in a written report by the LEO .

And this would be the problem because without an external private investigation we have assume the LEO is telling us the truth in the report .

Are you debating the number(63) officers killed in the line of duty? I can't see how that can be faked.

Forgive me their must be a misunderstanding somewhere , I don't dispute any number of officers being killed .

I was just stating the nature of the post was not about LEO being killed but rather fatalities of civilians by LEO's.

What exactly is your position? because i am a bit confused right now .

Kap

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So this is acceptable?

Deflection and obfuscation will not lessen the fact that in this type of situation the cop is more apt to end up dead IN THE US. That's what the OP is about.

I don't know of the circumstances surrounding their deaths we can only speculate based on the info that has been provided in a written report by the LEO .

And this would be the problem because without an external private investigation we have assume the LEO is telling us the truth in the report .

Are you debating the number(63) officers killed in the line of duty? I can't see how that can be faked.

Forgive me their must be a misunderstanding somewhere , I don't dispute any number of officers being killed .

I was just stating the nature of the post was not about LEO being killed but rather fatalities of civilians by LEO's.

Kap

Cause/effect. Another member asked, "Who started the violence?" If you look at the stats you'll see that the cops are in a state of defense. Thus answering the question.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I have no Objections to laws being enforced so long as they are enforced righteously.

And more often then not LEO's tend to step on the rights of people .

If you believe that all LEO's are the good guy's then that is your prerogative , I however do not hold the same opinion.

I don't believe LEO's are the Problem , I believe the law's in this country that they have to enforce are the problem coupled with the fact that our society is loosing its moral compass .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

So this is acceptable?

Kap

Cause/effect. Another member asked, "Who started the violence?" If you look at the stats you'll see that the cops are in a state of defense. Thus answering the question.

Not sure that I agree all cases were a justified state of defense.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

So this is acceptable?

Kap

Neither do I. I've been around cops most of my life and I've met more than one asshole. Are you saying that all those 463 were murder by cop?

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So this is acceptable?

Kap

Neither do I. I've been around cops most of my life and I've met more than one asshole. Are you saying that all those 463 were murder by cop?

According to the list they were all killed by LEO's .

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

So this is acceptable?

Kap

Difference between killed and "murdered". So you ARE saying a cops kills someone it's always "murder". < No question mark there.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So this is acceptable?

Kap

Difference between killed and "murdered". So you ARE saying a cops kills someone it's always "murder". < No question mark there.

Of course it's not always murder , So long as it's justified by the reporting agency .
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Kapusta

Obviously not all of them are justified. That's why at least one cop is on trial for killing a man. Should more be on trial for it? From where I sit, yes.

But the narrative that cops are out gunning down unarmed citizens left and right, up and down, six ways to Sunday is false. Gunning down too many? Yep. Getting away with it? Yep. But is it what MSM and some on ATS make it out to be? Nope.

I can agree with this. Well said.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

I have no Objections to laws being enforced so long as they are enforced righteously.

And more often then not LEO's tend to step on the rights of people .

I agree, as long as the laws are righteous from the start--most are not.

If you believe that all LEO's are the good guy's then that is your prerogative , I however do not hold the same opinion.

Never once did I say that or imply it. Why put words in my mouth that are not there? (that's a serious question...why do that?)

I don't believe LEO's are the Problem , I believe the law's in this country that they have to enforce are the problem coupled with the fact that our society is loosing its moral compass .

I don't disagree, and I've said as much before (but maybe not explicitly in this thread). But you seem to be slightly contradicting yourself--you say that you have no objection to laws being enforced, but then you say that the laws that LEOs have to enforce are the problem. Which is it, because you can't have that one both ways.

You're spot on about many in this country losing their moral compass.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join