It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star trivia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hello,
Not that I need more stars
, but the option to add on is missing and in some past posts they are simply gone. This occured today. Any suggestions?
Thanks Much WIS

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

The option to add a star, or view current stars on posts, is removed if a thread is closed, could that be the issue?
edit on 30-6-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

what forum was the threads in. there are a couple that you can not star a post, only flag the thread.
and as the previous post said closed threads.

edit on 30-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks,none of them are closed and they are fairly recent three are in Rant one of which is " i wish" by Another Nut.
Yep no star options any where as far as I can see. I haven't gone through all my posts that would be a huge task. hmm
WIS
edit on 30-6-2015 by WalkInSilence because: spelling

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Proxima Centauri is an example of which phase of a star's lifecycle?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

The above is a red dwarf about 4.24 light years from the sun and it will be a main sequence star for another four trillion years.
I have no idea what this means but now I am curious.
And I didn't answer your question

BAck to my stars.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
How do you even have a average of 2300 stars per post. Wasn't that a glitch or something, if it is a glitch it should be fixed for the fact that it makes stars pretty meaningless.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I will ignore this, Jeez I just contradicted my self. Sorry about my answer.
edit on 30-6-2015 by WalkInSilence because: rant

edit on 30-6-2015 by WalkInSilence because: erased rant

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

So if it has four trillion years of future excistence which is 300 hundred times the current age of the universe, does that mean it is a young star? Or more like an embryo sun?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So sorry, I was just asking a question.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
Thanks,none of them are closed and they are fairly recent three are in Rant one of which is " i wish" by Another Nut.
Yep no star options any where as far as I can see. I haven't gone through all my posts that would be a huge task. hmm
WIS

I checked out said thread, it allows me to add stars to posts, might be a problem on your end mate.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I'm going to go with... It's Still figuring out what it wants to do.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

There's a known glitch relating to star totals for long time members. It seems to affect those that registered during or before 2006.
edit on Jun 30th 2015 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums
Hmmm... Maybe you're right about the "during or before 2006" thing. I'm an old timer here, registering back in 2004. However, it was only recently that my stats suddenly exploded astronomically. I get a headache when I look at the number of stars I have. And it sure isn't because I earned them!

Maybe there's a cleanup routine, or something, that runs in the background occassionally causing the mayhem! Who knows?

edit on 6/30/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Count your lucky stars and shoot the rest out of the sky.

Easy Peasy!

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Master, I bow to thee.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Uh, I aroused the Dragon

Please Sire don't devour my stars, this is the only place I ever recieved any thing for free, I relish them, I'll never win the lottery and who cares about mortal cash when one has "Stars".
ATS Stars

The feature works again.
Hay, I could start my own minature universe couldn't I ?
My own dictatorship, my own self centered, paranoid anciety oriented narcististic universe, sounds like Earth.
edit on 5-7-2015 by WalkInSilence because: laughing out loud, that is LOL for those who can't read.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Yes, like wise.

Hay Banana, sorry about my craby reply, bad day.
One day you will be a geriatric ATS'er on life support with lots of shinny stars. How about that?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
WIS

Not that huge. The amount of posts doesn't compute with the amount of stars. Basic math and common sense.

posted on Oct, 6 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So I'm gonna open this again.

Perhaps I am wrong, I most certainly am, but I have noticed that when I add a star to some one else in my thread it doesn't appear even after I go to an other forum or log out.
Is there a prohibition against the OP adding a star?
Very odd.
I really like to reward people.

new topics

top topics

join