It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Vet Matthew Hoh Tells Jesse Ventura Obama’s New ISIS Plan is “Absurd”

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
a reply to: JesseVentura
The ISIS situation needs escalating.
By that I mean they need to be annihilated.
450 troops is nowhere near enough.

The allies need to go Dresden on these subhumans IMO.

They want martyrdom?
Lets give it to them en masse.

Sounds horrible I know-but its the only way to fight such evil IMO.
Nothing else will work at this point-or should we hope they just go away if we leave them alone?

This is absurd. Bomb cities/villages full of innocent men, women and children in order to fight "evil". Ya. OK.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
There is no will to win under Obama.

BTW, the first thing we should train them to do is not drop their free weapons we gave them and run.

I'm not an Obama supporter but I'm smart enough to realize the Pentagon crafts foreign policy. Various generals and people within intel agencies "set the tone".

Obama would act no different than Bush if the US still had the same global "political capital" as it did just after 9/11. He tried to pull the same crap with Assad as Bush did with Saddam. Didnt work.

The international community will no longer put up with US led occupations. The US will probably train/fund Shia extremists in the end. Somewhat as they already did during the Iraq war.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I asked myself... who is this guy that mr. ventura is promoting ...

matthewhoh.com...

matthewhoh.com...

Matthew Hoh is a Senior Fellow at the Center for International Policy and is the former Director of the Afghanistan Study Group, a network of foreign and public policy experts and professionals advocating for a change in US strategy in Afghanistan.

A former State Department official, Matthew resigned in protest from his post in Afghanistan over US strategic policy and goals in Afghanistan in September 2009.

Prior to his assignment in Afghanistan, Matthew served in Iraq; first in 2004-5 in Salah ad Din Province with a State Department reconstruction and governance team and then in 2006-7 in Anbar Province as a Marine Corps company commander...

a 2009 'sudden awakening' / a personal Epiphany moment....sure does not sound like he quit the Marines and State Department positions because of Obama policy in sending advisors/instructors to train the Iraqi army soldiers prone to retreating rather than putting up resistance to IS/ISIS

I was a dedicated Army GI, until my 3 years of duty was up and I went to DC to help with the Veterans' Against the Vietnam War in 1968-1969... so mr Hoh is just another cog like many before him, whose minds became cleared

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Obama just wants an excuse to go back into Iraq. He would never really want to train anybody to actually do harm to ISIS. After all, the US spent alot of time and money to make them who they are. He needs them to be the terrorist and scare the crap out of Americans. Keeps everyone in line better.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Same old garbage from the administration. So over this mess.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeanPaul

BTW, the first thing we should train them to do is not drop their free weapons we gave them and run.

I'm not an Obama supporter but I'm smart enough to realize the Pentagon crafts foreign policy. Various generals and people within intel agencies "set the tone".

Obama would act no different than Bush if the US still had the same global "political capital" as it did just after 9/11. He tried to pull the same crap with Assad as Bush did with Saddam. Didnt work.

The international community will no longer put up with US led occupations. The US will probably train/fund Shia extremists in the end. Somewhat as they already did during the Iraq war.

Obama fired all the Generals long ago and placed his guys running the Pentagon. They are masters at figuring out how not to fight, how to decimate our military, erode our service men and women's morale and suck up to our enemies.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

Syyth,

You nailed it!! You are exactly right....But to be honest with you I am so over it! I wish our boys could just all come home!

What happens to our weapons if we were to pull out now? Would we get them home?

Surely we wouldn't just leave them there.....

Thanks,

Pax

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JeanPaul

Obama fired all the Generals long ago and placed his guys running the Pentagon. They are masters at figuring out how not to fight, how to decimate our military, erode our service men and women's morale and suck up to our enemies.

I think you're too inoculated with Dem/Rep partisan politics. The same agenda continues, no matter what the rate of turnaround is in the ranking positions within the military. If it were up to Obama we would have troops in Syria right now trying to kill Assad. There's much more..

Anyhow, Obama will be out of office soon. What will you do with your partisan politics after he leaves and US foreign policy remains on the same track?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

we need to have a bad guy to keep the military industrial complex in motion.

people who call for violence and war will change their mind when violence comes to their front door. gun fire in their neighborhood in the middle of the night. armed men and women driving down residential streets all hours of the day and night.

one thing i always felt is our news and media coverage should show the blood shed and gore of war. the filtered and watered down version we see on the 7 o'clock news makes war seem as bad as a fender bender in the grocery store parking lot. war and violence is ugly and terrible. i hope that one day calm heads will prevail and we will see peace in the world.

no more war

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join