It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq War Vet Matthew Hoh Tells Jesse Ventura Obama’s New ISIS Plan is “Absurd”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Former Marine and Iraq War vet Matthew Hoh sounds off on the White House’s new plan to take on ISIS. He tells me that the Obama administration’s latest strategy to deploy 450 US troops to train Iraqi soldiers is “absurd” - claiming it will only deepen the violence in the Middle East.

What do you think of Obama’s latest plan?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Looks like Ventura has a hole or two in his head. Oh wait...

I don't see how training automatically translates to direct action, though I am aware that's pretty freaking common in out history.

I also don't see how involving US troops is going to escalate anything.
edit on 3020150620151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura
The ISIS situation needs escalating.
By that I mean they need to be annihilated.
450 troops is nowhere near enough.

The allies need to go Dresden on these subhumans IMO.

They want martyrdom?
Lets give it to them en masse.

Sounds horrible I know-but its the only way to fight such evil IMO.
Nothing else will work at this point-or should we hope they just go away if we leave them alone?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Your nation no longer fights wars to win but to make them the longest most protracted events that keep the green backs headed into the military industrial complex and its contractors for as long as public attitude permits of course its not serious you haven't been serious for decades.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There is no will to win under Obama.

BTW, the first thing we should train them to do is not drop their free weapons we gave them and run.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Exactly, training the Iraqi soldiers worked out so well the first time...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

As the days go by jesse and the threads keep coming, i continue asking myself "why doesn't he respond?".....

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Give Daesh their caliphate.

Will make bombing them into to oblivion much easier.

This is my suggestion to King Obama. He needs some help I think.

He has other pressing issues like the confederate flag, gay marriage, and golf to worry about.

Too bad the preservation of ancient ruins that can never be recovered are not part of his agenda.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

He just drops all his videos here to get more views, I'd call him a promoter more than an actual member

In my opinion the only 2 ways to go at Isis is hands off or gloves off. There is no "in between" for a group like them.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I know there's a lot of soldiers across the world who just want the opportunity to decimate ISIS. I can't think this has to do with politics solely. There must be an element of strategy as well. I'm not sure what that is. The first thought I have is that this is would be like kicking a hornets nest... activating the millions of supporters worldwide into action. The second thought I have is we could annihilate them too quickly, and need to have a boogeyman to steer around, arouse fears... either they're being used for political agenda's, else we truly do fear what this could potentially turn into if we directly confront ISIS. I'm thinking it's the former. We have to constantly reassess how we use the evolving opposition to the gains of the elite's interests. It seems to be an increasingly complex web of manipulation.
edit on 30-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

careful you might get sued.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The problem with trying to fight a conventional war with ISIS is multifaceted - You are fighting an unconventional force. The areas they control are Sunni Muslim strongholds - population majorities that have been subjugated by ruling minority factions for a very long time, that feel ISIS rule is better compared to Shiite rule, and there really is no better Sunni alternatives at the moment, as any Sunni tribe with any real power was crushed by ISIS/Shiite militias/Government forces.

When it comes down to it, they are willing to sacrifice themselves - they can lose every major engagement and keep fighting. How many of your own family members are you willing to sacrifice for their country? The only way to win a conventional war would be to decimate the entire Sunni population of Iraq/Syria which would cause a host of other consequences - ISIS depends on foreign volunteers for it's fighting force, Tunisians, Saudis, Pakistanis, etc. A protracted ground war would almost guarantee a steady stream of new recruits, and there are PLENTY of disenfranchised Sunni Muslim youth around the globe willing to join, and plenty of money from oil-rich Sunni governments to fund them.

A real solution would require heavy investment in infrastructure, education, social change, and economic opportunity for the populations of those countries, but that would require much time, and many resources. Not to mention it would be bad business for us western nations, we can make so much more if we keep then fighting amongst themselves.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Syyth007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Your nation no longer fights wars to win but to make them the longest most protracted events that keep the green backs headed into the military industrial complex and its contractors for as long as public attitude permits of course its not serious you haven't been serious for decades.

Wow! Someone finally woke up to the true reality of the American business man's dream called "government military contracts", quite lucrative indeed.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I also don't see how involving US troops is going to escalate anything.

Wow. Just wow.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

As the days go by jesse and the threads keep coming, i continue asking myself "why doesn't he respond?".....

Because he cares about publicity and not any of us, that's my guess at least. I mean if ATS is cool with it I won't fight it, I enjoy his posts.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

BINGO! We have a winner.

On a side note, the "no longer" phrase in your comment is too flattering. Wars have always been about making money.

For more information, read "War Is a Racket" by Smedley Butler. He was a United States Marine Corps Major General and two time Medal of Honor recipient, and he had the brains and balls to tell it like it is.

Cut the BS. War is a racket.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

If anyone thinks Jesse Ventura is actually sitting at the other end & posting this stuff, well.. you are wrong.
Jesse, like many many other 'celebrity professionals' would just have their PR team log into the top or many or even all forums & post their stuff..
Purely promotional...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JRCrowley

Actually I could argue that as of the 1980's no sane,nor even insane country would choose to fight the USA(remember Saddam got tacit state department approval before he went into Kuwait) this presents a problem as military industrial complexes need viable threats to justify their existence so with Islamic radicals since the 1980's the US now trains,arms and finances its future enemies.... it has gone insane.
edit on 1-7-2015 by khnum because: missing fact

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Oil and money is the only reason we send troops and contractors to the ME.Alternative Energy is taboo here in the US no politician has the guts to fully commit to R&D.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Ventura has posted a handful of times and, at least in one thread, taken a stand about their views. Some threads have gone better than others. I get that Ventura can't respond to every post or question from every direction, but it's a bit odd to decry vapid reality show stars etc ... whilst providing fairly surface level commentary with no call to action to the American public.

That said, so long as Ventura isn't being paid by ATS then I'm mostly okay with it. Other than that I find it a fairly difficult set of posts to engage with due to the 'post and leg it' nature of the whole transaction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join