It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston 2024 Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Man does this tick me off. Supposedly 75% of Massachusetts Citizens don't want the Olympics in Boston on 2024. Media and the Wealthy keep acting like we are all on board with this. The Taxpayer burden is vague of course, at best. Money is exchanged behind closed doors and after the Winter we had this year, days of Public Transportation outages, a crumbling infrastructure and always rising Taxes, Fees and Costs, why the Hell would we want a New Burden which will surly be paid for by the Taxpayers after the Corporate Bastards back out at the last minute.

I belong to this Group No Boston Olympics and they are far better about clearing the air than my emotional Rant.

I'd rather have the X-Games than the boring Olympics and its rich millionaire elite athletes with their Corporate Contracts. (exaggeration, but I'm pissed)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I don't know, if this is a Winter Olympics then Boston would be an awesome place to have it. Could be worse, it could be Fifa

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Geeze.

"YOU WILL HAVE OLYMPICS AND LIKE IT!"

Boston already seemed crowded and hard to navigate the last time I was there as it is...I can't imagine having all the extra people from the Olympics there to muck it up.

Our rental car was Canadian and had Quebec plates -- so our poor driving/navigating was hopefully chalked up to being foreign visitors.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You can also Pahk the cah in Hahvad yahd.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I live in the Boston area and for what it's worth, I do not want the Olympics in Boston. The city's not made for something like that, and no amount of infrastructure is going to make it so.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
You can also Pahk the cah in Hahvad yahd.

That is Cambridge, not Boston.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Isn't that part of Boston?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
You're being outspent in every possible way, ergo you will lose.

Better hope the IOC doesn't like Boston.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Not Boston Proper. Sorry, I'm sick of that line, very few people talk like that here, or ever did.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
You're being outspent in every possible way, ergo you will lose.

Better hope the IOC doesn't like Boston.

Pretty much everyone in Boston (except the politicians and business interests) is hoping that's the case.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

Not Boston Proper. Sorry, I'm sick of that line, very few people talk like that here, or ever did.

It's part of greater Boston though. The proposal is for the Olympic swimming events to be held at Harvard . No problem sorry if that line bothers you I'm not from Boston that's why I find it amusing .

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

It's part of greater Boston though. The proposal is for the Olympic swimming events to be held at Harvard . No problem sorry if that line bothers you I'm not from Boston that's why I find it amusing .

We don't call it 'Beantown' either.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

www.bloomberg.com...

Frankly, hosting the Olympic games makes zero sense outside of this asinine international pissing contest the various prospective host nations take part in every couple of years.

www.npr.org...

www.sltrib.com...

roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.com...

There is no doubt that hosting an Olympic festival produces a large measure of civic pride and psychological satisfaction, vastly superior than a World Series victory or NFL championship.

Actually, I have many doubts! I could not care less about the Olympics, but I sure would get psyched over the Braves winning the WS or the Broncos winning the Super Bowl.

Bottom line, the "investment" the public is ordered to contribute to making the games happen, both in terms of taxes and personal inconvenience, would be much more wise to either leave with the taxpayers to invest in the local economy themselves or, if they must continue to take the tax, invested directly into the infrastructure, schools, and venues the community directly uses.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I think it's more than 75% against lol. Mayor Walsh is now going around to neighborhood committees trying to garner support or talk people into wanting it. Each time met with signs of rejection.

I have to admit I do love the idea of having the games here, I've always loved the Olympics... but it's sadly so goddamn shady, I have to add to the Nay's.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's going to Boston if the IOC chooses the US.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Cambridge is Boston's neighboring city. All events wouldn't be held in Boston at any rate.

new topics

top topics

join