It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is game of thrones really as awesome as people say?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i have never watched an episode. the most i have seen is a clip on youtube where this big ass mofo took his hanzo and chopped of this horses head. that was pretty cool.
i dont know anything about the characters and know nothing about the show other than its a bunch of noble families fighting for control of the land.

i think i am going to break down and start watching it after i finish boardwalk empire.

so on a scale of awesome, 1 being super lame and 10 being as awesome as it gets, what do you rate game of thrones?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Solid 8 or 9. The show is extremely faithful to the books (I can only speak for books 1 and 2 so far), and those are very well written. Either way, very much worth the watch.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The books obviously a lot more expansive than the show, which is also great. Seems to be deviating from the story as the seasons progresses.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I haven't seen season 5 yet, but the first 4 are amazing. If you like mid-evil stuff then this will be a great series for you.
edit on 30-6-2015 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
And oh, the dragon girl is so dam hot it's ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

In my opinion it's one of the best shows on tv.
It is extremely adult oriented and not the least bit for children due to it graphic content.

I give it an 8 to 9 rating. I've yet to see a 10 though.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Other than The Wire it is the best show HBO has done. The intrigue and plot twists alone makes it worth watching.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Tried watching episode 1 but fell asleep. Overrated in my opinion. Wayward Pines was amazing though.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
im going to start season 1 in a few minutes.

augustus, i started the wire a couple days ago. i think i am 7 episodes into season 1.
i have to say i was hoping for more. i heard a lot of good things about that show.

its not that i dont like it...i just want to like it more than i do.

im not really super into any of the characters yet.
bubbles is cool.
omar little is not as awesome as everyone made him out to be.

im going to give thrones a try. i used to read a lot of fantasy books when i was a kid.
piers anthony was one of my favorites. i met him once.
i kind of got away from the genre but im going to start again.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I do like the show, but in my opinion, i dont have the urge that i need to watch the next episode or left on the edge of my seat like i feel with the walking dead

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The last season of game of thrones was a bit boring with the exception of episode 8 which was the best one ever imo. It's good for sure but I find that there's so many stories going on that by the time the next season starts im at a loss trying to work out who's doing what and why.

The last season of the wire was amazing. They kinda showed the back stories of the adults by having them play out amongst the kids. It had some of the best writing I've seen in any series.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

starts out very slow, first 3 or 4 episodes was hard to keep watching but we pushed through and i think it might be the best show ever made lol..

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
I agree, you have to at least watch the first three or so and you'll get the fever.

It has characters you love to hate and when they finally get what's coming it makes it so much more sweeter.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I personally love it and I can't stand regular tv...im picky with movies and ive only really enjoyed a few tv shows. It is the best thing ive come across in my life in terms of film.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
What I like is it doesn't try to be politically correct or take the latest trends in social engineering in to account. What you have is a visceral, real feeling look into human behavior and cruelty. There are few shows on TV that are as brave as GoT. It isn't perfect, but I don't feel like I am being manipulated by television producers which is more than I can say for most shows. I give it a 9 of 10 because nothing is perfect.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yeah, watch the first few episodes first before making up your mind. Don't watch it with your mum, it will be super awkward...
What I love is the quality. The series (for me) has made that last 10 years of movies look lame, seriously the quality is that good. Amazingly good cast, complex story lines, beautiful scenery and filming quality that is outstanding. Like another poster, I've seen season 1-4 but I've yet to see season 5 yet because I watch them in a big chunk with a best mate. It's killing me waiting to watch them, not to mention spoilers everywhere (even though I've read all the books)!

I'd give it a strong nine to a light ten.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If you ever wanted to see midgets, boobs and tons of blood, then its a must to for you to watch.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Watch it! Especially for the brief appearances of Jason Momoa in season 1.

Good show.

If you are a girl. Otherwise you will not fully appreciate the the gorgeousness that embodies him.
edit on 30-6-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
On season 4 right now. My wife, who can't watch more than 2 episodes of anything at a time, is totally hooked and would binge watch GoT if we didn't have to work. Solid 9. I will say that a lot of the sex and nudity is a bit gratuitous, so much so that I was surprised it was HBO and not Cinemax. Great characters, awesome story and plot twists. We are rooting for Denarius and Tyrian.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I love GOT and it's worth watching it!

If you're not sure about it, watch a few episodes online (if you can find the method), and then decide if you want to spend money to watch it (if you don't have a service that offers it for free like HBO on demand).

But I kinda hate the current trend that the show is having compared to before. & The show has become a lot more frustrating to watch in my opinion.

But yeah it's worth watching it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join