It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI asks for help from US Militias for 4th of July?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
it's being reported.

www.kctv5.com...

The warning came from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI warning that "homegrown extremists" may target the U.S. over the Independence Day weekend.

Some experts are taking it very seriously.

"I don't want to tell Americans what to do or what not to do. But I wouldn't be surprised if we're sitting here a week from today talking about an attack over the weekend in the United States, that's how serious this is," former CIA deputy director Michael Morell said.

Read more: www.kctv5.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah, now they (FBI) has a list of home grown terrorist they can train and brainwash some of the mentally ill in them groups and send them loose on american soil and call them domestic terrorist. Like, hey its them against us.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Considering most "militias" are a small group of guys who get together bitch about the government then get drunk and shoot guns, I do not think the FBI would waste anytime with them. Militias as a whole are mostly harmless, what the FBI watches them for is the lone wolfs who get inspired and go off and actually do something crazy. Also it seems militias are really into this fantasy they are going ride off and save the day. They are always making claims they are mobilizing and off fighting some threat. When in truth the big mission the night is who is going to go grab more beer from the quick mart.

Damn, you are describing the National Guard...getting drunk, shooting gun and complaining about the government. Not to mention harmless.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I can believe some yahoo militiamen are gung ho to kick some terrorist butt but not that the FBI solicited any help whatsoever from them.

We're now more likely to see news reports of innocent non-white Americans being harassed by militia members than we are a terrorist attack o the 4th.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

First off, the militia movement has grown exponentially in the past few years, many, many, of these types of folks are former military / LEOs and affiliate themselves with the Oathkeepers (or at least sympathize with them). If you think that these types of folks are waiting for a green light from the FBI to provide eyes and ears to local law enforcement, well that is unnecessary. A lot of them already work hand in hand with local law enforcement, especially in border areas here in TX.

As far as credibility of the source - there are a lot of folks who are active with this "movement" on social media, who like to talk up every situation as if they are super important. I have seen various sources post things like the San Antonio field office backs up the claim, yet the Houston field office says its all BS. Either way, the only person who can call up the reserve / irregular militia here in TX is the Governor, and that has yet to happen in any of these instances.

The Governor has however called up the regular state militia (Texas State Guard) - NOT the Texas National Guard, to provide observation of the Jade Helm situation, but nothing I've heard so far about this 4th of July threat. Just some extra points of clarity from someone in the know in Texas.

With that being said - I would think if people are serious about any kind of affiliation with the irregular militia they wouldn't remotely evince that fact on social media (OpSec), and they would never work directly with federal law enforcement. Not that there aren't good, oath keeping folks in various agencies, but overall that is the best way to get yourself in trouble if any of the gun grab / UN / illuminati scenarios ever played out (slight sarcasm there).

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
The really frightening thing is the prospect of a bunch of middle-aged neckbeards standing on street corners with their cammies and their Bushmaster M4's, spittin' tubacky and farting their beer farts as they scan the streets for A-rabs.

Sends chills.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

The FBI knows their job. They know how to get people to expose themselves or offer information they never thought they'd willingly give up. They understand human psychology very, very well. They probably have a lot of psych training before they're put out into the field. Even the way they ask questions is designed to extract maximum information without seeming invasive.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Would be skeptical of this one. Sure they may ask to help, to help find ones that they may need-set up or expose because they find evidence of them with intent to do something.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

All I see in this is a fantasist wanting to pretend he's more important than he is.

Move on, nothing to see here.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm a member on WRAM site...there has been no talk about it or in Intel. I don't believe our government would come to the Malitias for help....ever.
I'm not sure if you need to be a member to view this...anyway, it's b.s.

wramsite.com...
edit on 1-7-2015 by Hr2burn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Junior anti sex league, grab your victory gin! Emmanuel Goldstein and his agents are at our doorstep.

Be on the lookout for any suspicious behavior. Immediately report to agent O'brien in room 101.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-7-2015 by JeanPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You have a bigger chance of being killed by bee's. Or snakes. Or spiders. How many Americans die each year from smoking? Or just driving their car to the store? Worrying about Islamic Emmanuel Goldstein is a waste of time.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Totally ridiculous, smells like bs. No way the FBI would contact all these nutters and ask them to help. These militias are all crazy.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is entirely plausible but only because half of every whako Militia unit are in fact FBI informants and or ATF agents.

There are way to many stereotypes about militia groups and when you do find one that fits the central casting bill the odds are they are heavily infiltrated with CI's and Fibbies.

The REAL militia movement is there training and getting ready for when it will be needed. You work with them and pass them every day and don't even suspect. They are quite about it and they don't buy into this bogus internet chumming of the waters. They are quite irregulars who take the business seriously.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Hr2burn

from the wram site on their main/homepage as of right now.

WRAM Members:
This is a verified, legitimate request for our help. It is critical that as many patriots as possible are aware of this important mission and opportunity. To that end, please contact as many people as possible as quickly as possible, in as many forums and ways as possible. Multiply yourself – multiply our power – and make this message go viral!

Doug Lamb
Firehawk
Director, WRAM

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
"Oath Keepers has not been contacted by any Federal agency or agents with a request for assistance. However, we all certainly should be on heightened alert, with our heads on a swivel this weekend and ready to protect ourselves, our families, and our fellow Americans if there is an attack. Frankly, we should all be doing that all the time, anyway, and that means going armed at all times so we are able to put a stop to an active shooter or shooters wherever, or whenever, they attack. Frankly, anyone who is trained and competent with their weapons should have a rifle and a rifle bag or chest rig in their vehicle, at the least, and also a pistol on their person, at all times. Not just this weekend, and not just because of any particular threat. Because that is our standing duty, day in, day out, 24/7 and 365 days a year. We the People are the true first responders. That's how we should all be, all the time. We don't need the FBI to tell us that. Now, if some field agent is switched on and has a clue, that's great. But we have not been contacted by any.

- Stewart Rhodes"

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The fact that the FBI has issued a warning for 4 July is common knowledge. Claiming personal contact with the Fibbies as if it gives you legitimacy (a contradiction in itself) to issue a breathless post that spooks the uninformed is ludicrous. The FBI has in the past tried to "reach out" to militia leaders but only when they're a. worried about their own hides (a la Freeman Standoff) or b. trying to shake somebody's tree to see what falls out. If this guy actually has a personal relationship with an FBI agent, were I him I wouldn't be admitting it.

In this environment, it always pays to be watchful. In fact, you're more likely to observe a predatory FBI SWAT team at any given time than you are an ISIS lone wolf. But if you see a Jihadi on the attack, do us all a favor and shoot the bastard then call the local cops for cleanup. Don't legitimize the FBI, even by hyperventilated rumor.

Sipsey Street Irregulars

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

This is the source I seen a few days ago: American National Militia

From lfa3percent:

ALERT

TO: All Militia Commanders and Prepper Group leadership

SUBJECT: Official LFA III% Response to Current Alert by Rick Light

There is a communication going out from militia commander Rick Light claiming that he was requested by the FBI to activate the militias and Prepper groups in preparation for an attack by ISIS. This alert should be DISREGARDED.

Rick Light is a known federal informant with a long history of subversive activities in both Texas and Arizona. Whenever he is involved in a group, internal strife (and later, member arrests) occur.

All Commanders are advised to disregard the alert by Rick Light. In addition, leadership personnel should forward this alert far and wide to other units who may be affected, as well as brief their own people to disregard the Rick Light alert.

edit on 2-7-2015 by LibertasIntel because: add quotes

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
a reply to: Hr2burn

from the wram site on their main/homepage as of right now.

WRAM Members:
This is a verified, legitimate request for our help. It is critical that as many patriots as possible are aware of this important mission and opportunity. To that end, please contact as many people as possible as quickly as possible, in as many forums and ways as possible. Multiply yourself – multiply our power – and make this message go viral!

Doug Lamb
Firehawk
Director, WRAM

Okay, bringing this up as an update from earlier replies: So, it's validated? At least with them then-minus the Oath keepers- see above.

Well, remain vigilant but be cautious on all fronts.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

That WRAM post is old. I have yet to see any Miltia Commanders legitimize the original claim. It may very well be true that an FBI representative made contact off the record to somebody and whispered in their ear. To date, there has been no official contact with the FBI and the Patriot community.

Oh, one more thing. WRAM quotes allnewspipeline as a credible news source.
edit on 2-7-2015 by LibertasIntel because: add a quote

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join