It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget 3D printed houses -- this brick-laying robot can build an entire house in 2 days - FastBrick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
These recent innovations in building are great. It doesn't matter to me if it takes 1 day or 30 to build the house.

But, where are they going up? Certainly not Haiti after the earthquake. I'm just not seeing the implementation.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
In the real world, I doubt this would be as fast a small team of masons, who can work on multiple course at a time. This machine can only plod along on one course, and probably requires a team of mechanics/operators to keep it running and to overcome on-site challenges. I'm sure it would also cost a fortune to run, if you think on-site cranes were costly... cool, but I'll pass.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

I absolutely hate cookie cutter homes, they are the most unimaginative cheaply made boxes that don`t deserve the name "house".
I bought a house that was built in 1900, yeah it`s old but they sure knew how to build houses back then. The 2 X 4`s are actually 2 inches X 4 inches and it`s not unusual to see some that are a little bigger than that, and don`t even get started on the floor joists, they are some serious pieces of lumber.
I wonder how many cookie cutter homes will still be around and habitable 115 years from now?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It won't drop the price of building a home at all. All contractors will do is replace their masons with a machine, and keep the difference in pay.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I definitely did not want to offend anyone..and believe me..I'm as poor as the next guy..but I have patients when it comes to finding quality at bottom price
. I guess I get very emotional when it comes to the old homes, buildings, details. I just love old stuff..stuff made with care. Sometimes I get on a high horse when defending old-time beauty. Maybe I was a carpenter in my last life..lol.
a reply to: interupt42

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

No worries, didn't mean to imply that you offended anyone, but we all got different tastes, priorities, and resources.

Actually it sound like we might have the same tastes as I love many of the older homes. However, I'm also a fan of the newer ones as well. Just not the cookie cutter neighbourhoods, but I can understand why some find them appealing.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The redundancy of the lowly human meatbag virus on this planet looms near...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join