It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie To Launch 2016 Bid With Promise Of Straight Talk

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm happy to have a old school prohibitionist running, when he is completely rejected by the electorate perhaps the Republican Party will change its stance on the war on drugs. Its not only the Democrats that are voting for change when it comes to pot.

But if history plays out like if has for over a decade every time the Republicans lost they move farther to the right, then wonder why they can't win a national election.

Meanwhile I think Jeb is +5 in the polls.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

He'll blame it on something else though. Can't have the politicians actually holding themselves ACCOUNTABLE for their idiotic positions can we?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gothmog

But is that necessarily a GOOD thing? How disjointed can a party become before it just becomes more conducive to make a new one?

The same has been happening to the Democratic Party since the 80s when the hippie movement ( I can say that , I was a tree hugging liberal hippie at one time) when they grew up . The once "true blue" Democrats ( the ones that on their backs this country was built) have been almost completely overtaken by progressive liberals.Like it or not , the last Democratic President was Bill Clinton . The last true Democrat passed with Teddy . This country and it's politics has been changing , and I for one, question for the better or the worse. The ideals and morals this country was founded on are being challenged every day by both sides in the name of "party line politics" No ,not the good of the people just because my side won.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Well I'm not going to argue that the political opinions of Democrats have SHIFTED or anything, but the party certainly isn't as disjointed as the Republican party appears to be. You said it yourself, the Democrats are currently only fielding two candidates. Did you consider that covers most of the Democratic voting base? Meanwhile, in order to cover all the issues that Republicans find important, they need to field 13 candidates.

To me it sounds like no matter which Republican wins the primaries, he won't be able to get the full support of his base because his base disagrees with him on different issues and topics that another candidate did better.

To me, fielding all these candidates seems like it would hurt Republican chances, not help them.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Christie lost his golden opportunity last election. Repub donors begged him to run in 2012 because they knew Romney had no chance. Christie declined, said it wasn't his time. Then came issues like Bridgegate, Sandy cleanup, temper tantrums, etc. and now he is yesterday's news.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

There's actually four dems running:
The She-Beast, Gramps Pinko, O'Something, and Party Chameleon.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Is that official yet? I thought it was only two that have officially declared and a few others thinking about it? For instance, I'm pretty sure that O'Malley hasn't declared yet.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Ny times has an article about who's in, out, or still on the fence. O'something and the chaff are officially running. I'm pretty sure the Onion has them on their candidate profiles, too.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
"Straight talk and Crooked Lane Closures"
Great slogan.

he wants to be president?....he claims he didn't know what a few of his own hand-picked people were doing in bridgegate in the small state of New Jersey...and yet he wants to run the entire US?.....plus, if he ever told me to shut up like he did to that reporter, he would have his nose in a cast. he is a belligerent, smug, trump-wanna-be

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Well if that is the case then I stand corrected, the number still isn't as high as 13 though.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nowhere near clown car sized.
I heard the repub debates were going to be limited to the top ten candidates. A debate with ten people...that will go over swimmingly.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Isn't this the guy who is under investigation for corruption?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Another idiot joins the circus.
Wtf cares anymore?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think he could take over as tony sopranos long lost brother, and start up a brand new series of "the sopranos" on HBO...he would fill out the part nicely, so to speak.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
What the heck is going on? this is the 14th republican candidate to run.... and it's Chris Christie? Isn't it obvious to most of these candidates that they don't stand a chance?? Isn't Chris Christie aware of his very low chances?? So are we using the Republican primaries as a way to advertise ourselves now for the 2020 elections? Is that it? Or is it a path to a Fox news position??

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As a lifelong Conservative Chris Christie has zero change of getting my vote. Even if he was nominated and ran against Satan herself (aka Billary) I'd either write in a candidate or abstain and watch the USA voters get what they deserve.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Well it looks like Taft 2.0 is going to officially throw in the towel for the Presidential election. I hope they have a bathtub custom fitted for him if he ends up elected.

Taft 2.0...now THAT was funny! Are you a Fat bigot, btw? Tsk tsk tsk

Is 'fat the new black'?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Nowhere near clown car sized.
I heard the repub debates were going to be limited to the top ten candidates. A debate with ten people...that will go over swimmingly.

I hear Advil is going to be a sponsor.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I know I know! I did lay down my reasoning for all the fat jokes in the OP. I don't like being intolerant to fat people, I just made an exception for Christie since he likes to use health reasons to argue in favor of banning marijuana while CLEARLY living an unhealthy lifestyle through overeating.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I despise Christie. I would actually consider voting for Bush over Christie.

Hopefully, he will be appropriately buried under the deluge of other, better Republican candidates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join