It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rolling Stones Commemorative Plaque To Be Re Worded.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
A Commemorative Plaque on Dartford Railway Station in Kent, is to be re worded after a complaint by ex Rolling Stones bass player Bill Wyman. I have inserted a photograph of the plaque below..

Can anyone come up with the reason as to why it needs to be re worded ? I will supply the answer shortly.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong
My guess is that he wants to amend "one of the " to "the".

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Good answer, but wrong i am afraid.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a) Delete "Rolling"
b) Change the platform number

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Because Brian Jones actually started the band.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Still wrong, but i like your thinking.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

Correct.

Full article here.

www.itv.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I think all of us old Rockers know this.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Hidinout because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3141575/Bill-Wyman-finally-gets-satisfaction-Rolling-Stones-plaque-rewrote-history-replaced.html]click[/u rl]

They didn't 'form' the band, Brian Jones did.

Regardless, some good rock and roll.

edit on 30-6-2015 by intrptr because: youtube

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is still correct though as it says they met there and went on to form the Rolling stones, it doesn't mean they were the original idea or the force behind the formation but were part of the formation, though I can see how it offended Wyman. I guess rewording it to say something like formed the ''Blues Boys'' then joined the original formation of the Rolling Stones. Either way they were in the original line up.

en.wikipedia.org...

Keith Richards and Mick Jagger were childhood friends and classmates in Dartford, Kent, until the Jaggers moved to Wilmington.[4] Jagger had formed a garage band with Dick Taylor, mainly playing Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Howlin' Wolf and Bo Diddley material.[4] Jagger was reacquainted with Keith Richards in 1960 at Dartford railway station.[5] The Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters records that Jagger carried revealed a common interest that prompted their musical partnership.[5][6] Richards joined Jagger and Taylor at frequent meetings at Jagger's house. The meetings switched to Taylor's house in late 1961, where the three were joined by Alan Etherington and Bob Beckwith. They called themselves The Blue Boys.[7]

In March 1962, the Blue Boys read about the Ealing Jazz Club in newspaper Jazz News and visited the place on 7 April 1962. The band members met Brian Jones there, as he sat in playing slide guitar with Alexis Korner's seminal London rhythm and blues band, Blues Incorporated, the band that also had future Rolling Stones members Ian Stewart and Charlie Watts.[8] Before visiting the Ealing Jazz Club, the Blue Boys had sent a tape of their best recordings to Alexis Korner, who was impressed.[8] After a meeting with Korner, Jagger and Richards started jamming with Blues Incorporated.[8]

Brian Jones advertised for band mates in the Jazz News and Ian Stewart found a practice space and joined with Jones to start a rhythm and blues band playing Chicago blues. Shortly thereafter, Jagger, Taylor and Richards left Blues Incorporated to join Jones and Stewart in their effort. Also at the first rehearsal were guitarist Geoff Bradford and vocalist Brian Knight, both of whom declined to join the band citing objections to playing the Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley songs preferred by Jagger and Richards.[9] In June 1962 the line-up was: Jagger, Jones, Richards, Stewart, Taylor, and drummer Tony Chapman. According to Richards, Jones christened the band during a phone call to Jazz News. When asked for a band name Jones saw a Muddy Waters LP lying on the floor. One of the LP's tracks was "Rollin' Stone".[10][11]

1962–64: Building a following[edit]

The back room of what was the Crawdaddy Club in Richmond, London where the Rolling Stones had their first residency in 1963
Jagger, Richards and Jones with Stewart and Dick Taylor on bass billed as "The Rollin' Stones" played their first gig on 12 July 1962, at the Marquee Club, 165 Oxford Street, London.[12] Their material included the Chicago blues as well as Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley songs.[13] Bassist Bill Wyman joined in December 1962 and drummer Charlie Watts the following January 1963 to form the band's long-standing rhythm section.[14][15] The Rolling Stones' then acting manager Giorgio Gomelsky secured a Sunday afternoon residency at the Crawdaddy Club in Richmond, which, Gomelsky said, triggered an "international renaissance for the blues" and was a seminal facet of Swinging London's advent.[16]

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
They met on Platform 2 and went on to Hogwarts.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Interesting, I didn't know this.

They were just jamming in KC, here is a pic a friend sent me from the airport of their whip...

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Hidinout

Correct.

Full article here.

www.itv.com...

And Keith and Mick later drowned him in the pool.

Kidding of course. Love the Stones.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This type of thing is typical in The U.K.

Anything or anyone that becomes world famous, the people of London and The South East of England have to try and claim it came from their region.

They keep trying to find someone who wrote the plays of William Shakespeare, other than the great man himself. All the candidates they put forward come from where? Yes you got it.

Maybe they would be happier if Brian Jones didn't hail from Gloucestershire in The English Midlands, but from The South East instead.

top topics

join