It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian facing death for drinking from Muslim water cup

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Instead of using the critical thinking skills you learned in college

Something tells me this might not apply to grandma.

@grandma: did you go to college?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: buster2010

All blue laws which people are arrested for are based on religion.

Yep. In my state (Brownbackistan), people would be arrested for selling beer or wine or liquor BEFORE NOON on Sunday, and selling it AT ALL on Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. Those are RELIGIOUS holidays.

New Years, the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, all no problem.
Right now.
And grocery stores can NOT sell anything but weak beer or weak malt-liquors (like wine coolers). Liquor stores can NOT sell ANYTHING but lottery tickets and alcohol.

Those are laws RIGHT NOW.

Blue laws, depending on which state, also govern hunting, automobile sales ...oh and sex toys.
Days a business can open are also affected, and employee pay.
en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-6-2015 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

If I remember correctly, Grandma was a teacher at one time. I could be thinking of another member, but I'm reasonably sure it was Grandma. Here it is...
post link

I taught marriage, parenting, child development for years in a major university. It was a turning point for me, why?

post link

It is frustrating because having taught human development in several major and one nearly ivy league university...

edit on 6/30/2015 by Klassified because: eta

ETA2: Love the avi pic. Looks just like ya.

edit on 6/30/2015 by Klassified because: eta2

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Oh! I'm really surprised. Thanks for pointing that out. Makes it all even stranger. I worked in those very fields for a number of years - after graduate school. I don't even want to know where she taught. Anyone who knows about child development and parenting should know better than to push religion into young children's minds. *smh* *sigh* Tell them they are sinners, damaged goods, worthless and hopelessly flawed - and you get, well - you get what we have now.

To think of all the millions of people who had parents who did just that - and who are very messed up because of it - is terrifying.

edit on 6/30/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
a reply to: deathslayer

You don't have to go thousands of years back to find atrocities committed in some Gods name...... The Christians who came to America (the continent) where little sweet angels?

So you need to go back in time... to see what you say. I find this quite lousy excuse as we live 2015. Human rights were adopted in 1948 also Pakistan agreed them.. still this happens in government level.. question is why and did they understood what they signed and if they did.. do they really care?

sad

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, I'd hate to have to have a personal escape bunker for every time some idiot Christian told us that Revelation was imminent.

Im not arguing as a Christian, You sir are a Biggot as are alot of people on this site, congratulations.

Bigotry definition, stubborn and complete intolerance of others creed, belief.

Way to teach tolerance, Atheist. You have figured it out and yet you are worse than those you condim.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: grandmakdw

Which religious laws does the US have that jails people for violating the Bible?

All blue laws which people are arrested for are based on religion.

Do blue laws even exist anymore?

Ok, do away with them, fine.

I actually have not heard of anyone arrested for violating a blue law in the past 10 plus years,
has anyone been jailed for them? or given lashes for them? or put to death for them?
As they do in the Islamic countries you are comparing the US to?

Are they beheading anyone?

Are they calling for the death of those who disagree with them?

Are they killing people for drinking from the same cups they do?

They are fringe elements, and not representative of Christians in general.

Jesus Christ calls for love, forgiveness, tolerance, acceptance of others. What the men in the videos are preaching is not Biblical and they will be rejected by Christ himself when they reach heaven for their intolerance. That is what Christ clearly said in his own words when here on earth.

The Koran calls for the death of homosexuals, the death of those who disagree with them. That is mainstream commands in the Koran.

The Bible says that everything in the New Testament supersedes or replaces the Old Testament, the New Testament calls for love, forgiveness, striving to do good to others, non-judgementalism, kindness, compassion, which all supersede whatever is in the Old Testament. So the harshness of the Old Testament is done away with by Jesus who calls on Christians to do away with those things and to love and to have compassion. That is what the New Testament (the highest form of law for Christians, not the Old Testament) and Jesus say.

The Koran, the commands to kill, lash etc, are later writings, which Mohammad himself says supersede or replace the early writings of love and kindness. So in the Koran killing those who disagree Mohammad himself said are more important than his early writings of love.

So your contention is that what these men say is exactly the same as
Muslims killing a woman for drinking out of the wrong cup?
That appears to be your contention.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BobbyRock
I guess no more worse/just as sick as how Christians in USA/"The west" decides to penalize another human being because he/she doesn't live up to their religious beliefs..............

Religion is evil, just look in the history books..........

Please give an example within the past year of a Christian
killing someone for drinking water
or for something else equal in import.
(ie. eating something, drinking something,
using the wrong toilet, anything that is
equal behavior to drinking water)
Do this before you say Christians are as bad in the west.

Your statement is defaming and slandering and bigoted
when you make comparisons like this without any backup.

If you say Christians are equal in their behavior in the west -
I dare you to prove it because you can't.

Because your statement is prejudiced, bullying, and Christophobic.

Prove to me that within the last year a Christian in the USA
has killed someone and yelled the equivalent of
"Allah Akbar" or said they were killing someone because
Christ told them to; and the person was not punished
but praised by the government for killing or the government
did the killing.

Until you can prove that, Christian behavior in the US
is no where near equivalent the Muslim law and behavior.

Your statement is so bigoted as to incite violence against
Christians for imagined crimes.

Prove to me that people are jailed or killed in the name of Christ
or in the name of Christianity in the USA, where in the sentence
of the person the judge said the tenants of the Bible were
violated and that was the basis of the sentence.
Because that is how this poor woman was sentenced, her sentence
was clearly because she violated the Koran.

Prove to me I am wrong, name one sentence within the past year
where the judge cited the Bible and not civil law as the basis for
putting someone to death in the US, or even within the past 10 years.

You can't, you can only make Christophobic and bigoted and slanderous statement
about Christians in general. Shame on you.

Wow, you are seriously angry. Are you always this angry with everyone? I believe that Organized religion is a plague throughout humanity. That is my opinion and I will not be proving it to anyone. For every so-called good act from a religious group there are atrocities. If you were such a great follower of Christ, your posts would not be filled with anger and vitriol, they would be tolerant, loving and caring.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nfflhome

Heh. Whatever. History has taught me ALL I need to know about how a Christian theocracy would behave. You can call me a bigot all day that you want (you are wrong as I don't believe all Christians believe these things, just the ones that matter and will take charge), but it doesn't change the fact that I am right. Christians wouldn't HESITATE to start persecuting non-Christians or those against Christian morals. The fact that they try to do it legally now is proof enough for me that they'd be worse if given the opportunity.

It's just a matter of studying history. Though again, I don't for a minute believe that ALL Christians are like this. After all, most of the Democrats are Christians as well and they CLEARLY support gay marriage and other social rights that conservative Christians like oppressing people over. It's just that the hateful Christians are more vocal and whiny. So they get all the attention.

By the way, I say the same things about Muslim theocracies as well. Or Jewish ones. It's not like they are any better. Pretty much any Abrahamic religion is guilty of these things. Heck, I may even want to extend that to ALL organized religions.

PS: I'm also not an atheist. I'm agnostic. I just don't think that any religion on earth has it right about god. If god exists, he will be found through science, not religion.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So many of you are saying, look what Christians did in the past.

The topic is not the past.
You have to go back into the past to make comparisons,
mainstream US Christians have changed and realize the error of their ways,

Jesus Christ taught tolerance, forgiveness, and love
and condemned those who were judgmental and intolerant.

My Pastor talked this past Sunday about how we need
to love homosexuals, invite them into our church,
to be kind to them, to be loving toward them.
How is that comparable to Muslims pushing homosexuals off rooftops?

The topic is the Muslims killing a woman for drinking from a cup set aside for Muslims.
Where today in the US is there a comparable -
the same - type of thing happening with Christians.

Can you even name one comparable in the last 10 years?

Where a judge in the US put to death
someone who did something so minor
and said it was because Christ called for them to be put to death for it?
In the OP a judge in a Muslim country
sentenced a woman to death for drinking from the wrong cup
because of Mohammad and the Koran.

And many of you think it is equal to what is happening in the USA on a regular basis?

Prove it.

Show me a true equivalency,
not rhetoric from stupid fringe elements,
but a judge saying that because of the words of Christ
he is putting to death someone for an mundane act?

It is fascinating to me how many of you
are turning an Islamic atrocity
into a crusade to destroy Christians.
That is twisted logic, intolerance, and bigotry.

edit on 11Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:13:30 -0500am63006amk302 by grandmakdw because: format addition

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

What a bigoted and prejudicial question, assuming I am ignorant with your little quip. But I will answer.

Yes, and I taught in 2 major state universities and one university that could be considered second tier ivy league. My husband was in the military so I followed him around, I also taught in 3 different community colleges.

But you many not consider that educated.

I also taught research methods, so guess that says something about my critical thinking skills.

I do not find putting to death a woman
for drinking from the wrong cup as the Islamists are doing -
or pushing homosexuals off roof tops, or lashing homosexuals,
or giving female slaves to men for memorizing the Koran, -

to be in any way equal to Christianity in the west,
As many here in this thread are doing.

I question the critical thinking skills of those who find the two to be equal.

Saying the two are equal in BEHAVIOR and shows extreme intolerance.

edit on 11Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:15:49 -0500am63006amk302 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Can I have people put to death if they drink outta my cup?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
accidental double post

edit on 11Tue, 30 Jun 2015 11:06:06 -0500am63006amk302 by grandmakdw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

What is wrong with you?

I am tired of hearing how a Christian should think and act by an atheist or some other non-believer.

So..... if I use your analogy of how a Christian should act then....... all Christians should get out of the armed forces because their job is to defend and use force (killing) when needed.

Maybe if you get robbed on the streets and the crap beat out of you I should stand back and stay MEEK and loving because we are suppose to love everyone....including the guy beating the crap out of you.

Let me tell you atheists and other hypocrites...... you are a broken record..... same crap you repeat every time.

You have NO IDEA what a Christian is. Why not say something original instead repeating some other atheist?

I feel sorry for you fools.
edit on 30-6-2015 by deathslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: nfflhome

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea, I'd hate to have to have a personal escape bunker for every time some idiot Christian told us that Revelation was imminent.

Im not arguing as a Christian, You sir are a Biggot as are alot of people on this site, congratulations.

Bigotry definition, stubborn and complete intolerance of others creed, belief.

Way to teach tolerance, Atheist. You have figured it out and yet you are worse than those you condim.

There is nothing stubborn and intolerant about calling something out for what it is. Especially when it is written in plain language for all to read, and the actions of said religious adherents justify pointing out it's flaws, hypocrisy, and judgement against anyone who isn't part of the group think.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Holy terrorist, batman!!

That guy calls the secular government "ignorant and naive"? And then calls for a military coups by our own troops? Eegads!!
And then he calls for "martial law", but says, "but who is going to be the marshal"? (The 'marshal' is a Federal Officer.) 'Martial' is not a person (it's an adjective.) *eyeroll*

Ignorant warmonger.

Isn't even suggesting that he wants to "marshal" the troops to seize and overthrow the government - isn't that treason?

Good Gawd. These people are terrifying!!

Martial - AN ADJECTIVE ONLY - used properly in sentences:

The army also vows to terminate the martial law in force since the murder of former President Anwar Saddat in 1981. [Novinite.com] (as a type of law)

The experienced mixed martial artist took over as soon as the fight hit the mat. [USA Today] (as a style of combat)

The women argue that too few offences lead to court martial, and hope their case will draw attention to the issue. [BBC News] (type of trial)

-------------------------------
Marshal used properly in sentences:

The Durham police and fire departments are looking for a man posing as a city fire marshal. [Durham Herald Sun] (as a noun)

Ferguson marshalled all his resources, dug in deeply, and the club and Glazers have emerged the other side. [Guardian] (as a verb, an action completed)

Building such a tiny flying robot required marshaling an enormous amount of ingenuity. [Los Angeles Times] (as a verb again)

Sigh. And just because it bugs me: "tenants" are people who reside in or rent a building; "tenets" are things stated in an ideology.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

What is wrong with you?

I am tired of hearing how a Christian should think and act by an atheist or some other non-believer.

Getting a little flustered there, bro? You mad?

Why is it you think there's something wrong with everyone else, but YOU are correct and put-upon and persecuted? According to YOU, everyone else is either 'cherry-picking', 'trolling', or 'persecuting', and they're ALL WRONG. And you feel sorry for them.

There, did I get that right? I validated your emotions. Clarified your position to the best of my understanding.

That doesn't make them (or you) healthy. (Or right)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

and 2015 SOME, not all, Christians still live in the Dark Ages.

Some recent history

And just one more...............

As I said earlier: I have NOTHING against religious people and will support and defend their right to practice their religion in private. Just don't throw it in peoples faces and keep it out of the law books.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So many of you are saying, look what Christians did in the past.

The topic is not the past.
You have to go back into the past to make comparisons,
mainstream US Christians have changed and realize the error of their ways,

Um... No... If mainstream US Christians have changed and realized the error of their ways, then we wouldn't be seeing this debate on gay marriage. The debate would have been centered around removing marriage from the state instead of using the state to discriminate against gay people.

Jesus Christ taught tolerance, forgiveness, and love
and condemned those who were judgmental and intolerant.

We ALL know what JC taught, that doesn't mean his teachings are adhered to.

My Pastor talked this past Sunday about how we need
to love homosexuals, invite them into our church,
to be kind to them, to be loving toward them.
How is that comparable to Muslims pushing homosexuals off rooftops?

One Christian pastor isn't representative of the opinions of the whole. I'm glad you got a tolerant pastor, but for every tolerant pastor you pick out, I can pick out another that is MORE vocal, MORE well known, and VERY hateful towards gays.

For instance, how often have you heard it mentioned that things like Katrina are the fault of the state allowing gays in the country?

The topic is the Muslims killing a woman for drinking from a cup set aside for Muslims.
Where today in the US is there a comparable -
the same - type of thing happening with Christians.

Can you even name one comparable in the last 10 years?

This happened in March of this year. I'm not surprised if you hadn't heard about it.

Surprise! Another Christian Terrorist

Where a judge in the US put to death
someone who did something so minor
and said it was because Christ called for them to be put to death for it?
In the OP a judge in a Muslim country
sentenced a woman to death for drinking from the wrong cup
because of Mohammad and the Koran.

I've already pointed out to you that judges are beholden to the Constitution and can't legally make those rulings regardless of their beliefs. The most bigoted judge in the world can't make rulings like these because he'd be immediately disbarred and not have a job. But we DO have examples of bigoted judges making bigoted decisions.

Alabama’s Bigoted Chief Justice Tells State Judges to Ignore the Constitution

And many of you think it is equal to what is happening in the USA on a regular basis?

It's not equal. It's similar. The words have different meanings hun.

Prove it.

Show me a true equivalency,
not rhetoric from stupid fringe elements,
but a judge saying that because of the words of Christ
he is putting to death someone for an mundane act?

It is fascinating to me how many of you
are turning an Islamic atrocity
into a crusade to destroy Christians.
That is twisted logic, intolerance, and bigotry.

It's called relating to the problem. We see Christians doing similar things and make these remarks because ALL organized religion is awful. It's just that Christians and Muslims have a hard time of being critical to members of their own faith. Usually employing the No True Scotsman fallacy to dismiss these accounts.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

/shrug
Hmm. Whatever. Not my fault that you don't appear on here to be all that well educated.

Jeesh, you all are mighty sensitive today! All panty-twisted and reactionary. It was just an observation.
I'm sorry it bothers you, but it is true that many, many "Christians" become disillusioned about the church or the Bible, disabused of the nonsense condemnation and control, and some even walk away from their faith while in college - because they learn critical thinking and the truth about religions. So, when I see someone who is actually educated but still stuck in the Jesus-will-be-back mentality, or the Christans-don't-do-bad-things mentality, I get confused.

Cognitive dissonance on my part. I guess.

But, yeah - oh well - carry on.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join