It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian facing death for drinking from Muslim water cup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Which religious laws does the US have that jails people for violating the Bible?

All blue laws which people are arrested for are based on religion.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You are not a Christian. You reside yourself in that name but you are not. You have picked the good elements and ignored all the bad. Where are your slaves? Prostitution? Pillage any villages?. Don't call people bigoted or slanderous for objectively reading the bible. Just cos you ignore the negativity doesn't mean all should have a closed mind.

Adleast these scummy countries are doing what they believe to be true, teachings from the Koran. From there perspective they are doing the "morally right thing" (scum) and embracing what there god has taught them. You are not and have the cheek to belittle those that understand the purpose of your religion better than you. You are not an Israelites, remember that. Your book was never intended for you.

The sooner religion is gone the sooner the middle east can move on and become a civil society.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I'm thankful we do have a secular government. What happens in the U.S. in the name of Jesus is already bad enough. Jesus camps. Kidnapping gay kids and sending them off to Jesus conversion camp, where a few of those kids have died. Kids singing "ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven" from the pulpit. The list goes on and on and on.

Nevertheless, I feel terrible for this woman. Not only is she the wrong religion in the wrong country. She's a woman. A second class citizen in all the Abrahamic religions.

These "Jesus" examples you gave are
1. totally against biblical principles
2. fringe elements of Christianity, like every group has, weirdo fringe elements
3. are punished for killing, not glorified by any Christians or by the government
Which makes it completely different from what is happening in the Middle East,
the comparison is laughable at best.

What happened with this woman is awful
but was endorsed by the government,
and endorsed by the mosques,
citing the Koran
as the basis for the death sentence.

Weirdos, not affiliated with the US government
killing someone in the way you mentioned,
are not endorsed by the churches in the US,
are not endorsed by the government,
the killing is not carried out by the government;
and the weirdos are punished, severely
and the punishment to the offenders,
the weirdos is endorsed by the government and
by the churches.
That is the difference, but you are blind to it
because of Christophobia.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I am just exercising my RIGHT to free speech, you have heard of that, haven't you?
Oh I also got a link for you.

edit on 6302015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Which religious laws does the US have that jails people for violating the Bible?

Do blue laws even exist anymore?

Ok, do away with them, fine.

I actually have not heard of anyone arrested for violating a blue law in the past 10 plus years,
has anyone been jailed for them? or given lashes for them? or put to death for them?
As they do in the Islamic countries you are comparing the US to?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Well if the Christian Right got their dream of a Christian Theocracy, they will do it.

They are called they are called the American Taliban:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
You are not a Christian. You reside yourself in that name but you are not. You have picked the good elements and ignored all the bad. Where are your slaves? Prostitution? Pillage any villages?. Don't call people bigoted or slanderous for objectively reading the bible. Just cos you ignore the negativity doesn't mean all should have a closed mind.

Adleast these scummy countries are doing what they believe to be true, teachings from the Koran. From there perspective they are doing the "morally right thing" (scum) and embracing what there god has taught them. You are not and have the cheek to belittle those that understand the purpose of your religion better than you. You are not an Israelites, remember that. Your book was never intended for you.

The sooner religion is gone the sooner the middle east can move on and become a civil society.

Your reply. I have no slaves.
In Muslims countries slavery is practiced with regularity.
I have no prostitutes.
In Muslim countries women are given to men to abuse sexually for memorizing parts of the Koran.
I have never pillaged a village.
ISIS regularly pillages villages and kills everyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do.

The US government puts people in jail for the activities
that are endorsed by the Koran.

You say that the Muslim countries are right in what they do?
You seem to imply that because you say they act consistently with their beliefs?

When has a judge in the US cited the bible as the basis for capital punishment?
Yet you call the west equal to what happened to this woman?
That is Christophobia and bigoted and downright evil.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: deathslayer

originally posted by: BobbyRock
I guess no more worse/just as sick as how Christians in USA/"The west" decides to penalize another human being because he/she doesn't live up to their religious beliefs..............

Religion is evil, just look in the history books..........

I have NEVER seen a Muslim (in the west) being put to death because they drank from the cup of a Christian?

I have NEVER seen a Christian (in the west) be put to death by a government for blasphemy. This is done throughout the Middle East today...... not some thousand years ago......

Christians are more insidious with their persecution and intolerance. They've learned to be intolerant within the law, and have thus learned how to do FAR more harm by keeping their victims alive and not physically hurt.

Why do you hate Christians so much? I have seen your bigoted remarks over and over on ATS, you have a really deeply emotional bias against Christians.

Christians bring it on themselves by constantly trying to shove their religion into everyone else's faces. Just leave everyone else alone. Stop judging me because I don't like God. Stop judging gay people because they happen to like people of the same sex. Just stop it all! THEN maybe I'd come around to the religion again.

Give me an example of an intolerant law that is based on the Bible and that judges say when sentencing, you violated the bible.

Any gay marriage ban law.

Let me tell you what Christians really believe.

We teach that everyone has done wrong,
everyone has problems,
everyone has hurts,
everyone is imperfect.

And no one cares except Christians.

Christ himself said he came for the hurting,
the imperfect, the people who are looked down on
in society.

Yet those are the people Right Wing Christians abuse the most. Funny how that works isn't it?

Christ said he did not come for the judgmental
or the intolerant (Pharisees), he came for
people who know they are imperfect.

How do you feel about homosexuality, gay marriage, women who get abortions, prostitutes, drug users, etc? Ever judge any of them?

If a Christian treats you with intolerance
and with judgmentalism. Call them on it.
Tell them to their face that Christ clearly
rejects those who are judgemental or intolerant.
That is what the Bible says to do, tell people
to their face, in person when you have a problem
with them.

I do that ALL the time on ATS and it just gets me called intolerant of Christians by you and other Christians.

Christ says that the judgemental and intolerant
will not live with him in paradise.
Christ only accepts those who know they are
imperfect and struggle daily to live better lives.

Sounds like a personal problem. I don't want to be with Christ in the least.

That is what my church teaches, and my daughter who
lives on the other side of the country said that was
the basis for the sermon she heard last week.

That is the Christianity I know,
if you know intolerant and judgmental
people who claim to be Christians
Please for their own good, call them on it,
remind them that Christ rejects them for
what they are doing.

It would be nice if Christians actually practiced what they preached. How do you feel about the gay marriage ruling by the way?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Wetpaint72

Yep, I've seen that before. Good call.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It's funny how you JUST got done telling me that Christians don't preach intolerance then you start preaching intolerance towards Muslims.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Any where from 1/3 to 1/2 of Christians in the U.S. are evangelical. They are fundamentalist/literalist in their interpretation of the bible to varying degrees. This is the branch of Christianity I spent a good portion of my life in. I know what they teach, believe, and think/say in secret. Most of them would not claim to be dominionist, but their beliefs support it just the same.

You look at this group of people, along with liberal Christians, and judge yourself to be better than Islam and their tenants because you have convinced yourself Christianity and Christ are benevolent, loving, and forgiving. Instead of using the critical thinking skills you learned in college, and understanding that a "non-violent" ideology can be just as, if not more oppressive and destructive to society than those you point your finger at.
edit on 6/30/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yea, luckily the 1st world is moving towards atheism and secularism. So there are growing safe spots for these people. It's just that it is still incredibly hard to get to those places from some parts of the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I think Krazysh0t explained it well to you. You are governed by laws. If the laws were based on the bible it would be very similar if not worse than the middle east. Working on Sunday is punishable by death. Even if your cow decided to do overtime he would be killed. They used there religious books to create law. It's because of the religion they do this. Yet you ignore that if christian values are implemented it won't be the same. I ask of you to read the bible (properly) and stop listening to charasmatic leaders in your local church.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

Right. If the bible was the rule of the land then we'd have people following passages such as this one:

Deuteronomy 22:20-21

"But if this charge is true, that the girl was not found a virgin, 21 then they shall bring out the girl to the doorway of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death because she has committed an act of folly in Israel by playing the harlot in her father's house; thus you shall purge the evil from among you

This one would kill half the Christian population:

Leviticus 20:10

10 If there is a man who commits adultery with another man's wife, one who commits adultery with his friend's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
And don't forget...no more bacon!

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wetpaint72

Or shellfish.

Leviticus 11:12

12 'Whatever in the water does not have fins and scales is abhorrent to you.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Just living under a new testament theocracy would be a dystopia even George Orwell couldn't have imagined.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Yea, I'd hate to have to have a personal escape bunker for every time some idiot Christian told us that Revelation was imminent.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
One of these days a "true" christian will respond on ATS living the life like his god intended to. Only then will the so called christians realise the insanity of it and admit the horrific crimes it wishes you to do. I will not judge this person as adleast he is doing what his god told him, not just pick the good parts. It will happen one day and it will be a breathe of fresh air for the more secularised members.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Yep. In my state (Brownbackistan), people would be arrested for selling beer or wine or liquor BEFORE NOON on Sunday, and selling it AT ALL on Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving. Those are RELIGIOUS holidays.

New Years, the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, all no problem.
Right now.
And grocery stores can NOT sell anything but weak beer or weak malt-liquors (like wine coolers). Liquor stores can NOT sell ANYTHING but lottery tickets and alcohol.

Those are laws RIGHT NOW.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join