It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunni & Shiite alliance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Will there ever be a time when the Sunnis and Shiites say enough is enough and form an alliance and battle enemies of Islam? Or is the hatred just too deep that will never ever be overcome?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: croatianguy
Will there ever be a time when the Sunnis and Shiites say enough is enough and form an alliance and battle enemies of Islam? Or is the hatred just too deep that will never ever be overcome?

Has there ever been a time ?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Not likely as they do not see each other as real Muslims. Just like large parts of Christianity to not see denominations as real Christians. During the Crusades the Crusaders spent as much time killing other Christian sects as they did Muslims. Heck the last fighting among Catholics and Protestants just ended not long ago. Now actual go to church and follow the rules Christians are a dying breed. Islam will reach that point as well through education and economics. When religion is mostly dead we just might have some real peace in this world which is ironic as all regions claim to be peaceful.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I dont think so, right?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Not likely as they do not see each other as real Muslims. Islam will reach that point as well through education and economics.

So might be another century before that happens you think?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Good question , Right now most of what divides the sects is

Aqeedah refers to those matters which are believed in, with certainty and conviction, in one's heart and soul. They are not tainted with any doubt or uncertainty. The Arabic word 'aqeedah stems from the root 'aqada, which conveys meanings of certainty, affirmation, confirmation, etc.

Now a little History , Believe it or not (but you should because its the truth) part of the Shia , Sunnie divide was caused by Extremist or as they were called back then and still referred to today as

Khawarij From their essentially political position, the Kharijites developed extreme doctrines that further set them apart from both mainstream Sunni and Shiʿa Muslims

So long story short the khuaraij killed Ali thus sparking a blood feud that goes back century's.

In my honest Opinion I would say that under the current state of things I don't see the Shia and Sunni coming together to fight ISIS as in the form of an alliance .

But in a strange way though , through differing factions their are Shia fighting ISIS as well as other Sunnie fronts like AL Nursra etc .

Even kurds and sunnie groups have merged together to fight ISIS .

You see I have access to news outside the US and I swear by the Lord Almighty that (walahi) that sunni and Shia are fighting ISIS we just don't hear about it over here .

Many Muslims know that the establishment of the Califa went against the Sharia law of establishing such a caliphate.
Also the majority of Muslims believe that ISIS is and was created and funded by Outside factions such as the CIA /Mossaad ,with Saudi influence .

It was the perfect storm in a a sens , cheap way to destabilize a country , a proxy war.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

So Shia and Sunnis are fighting against ISIS without even realising it?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Kurds are nominally Sunni, but are far more secular than their Arab cousins.

The YPG, the Syrian Kurds, are actually loosely allied to the Syrian Government so in a sense there is a Sunni-Shia alliance there (and also in Iraq with the Shia led government and the northern Kurds and also many Sunni tribes in Anbar province)

Also, following the bombing in Kuwait, both sects have united to condemn it which targeted a Shia mosque inside a Sunni nation hoping to cause a rift.

There is some hope at least
edit on 30/6/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

So Shia and Sunnis are fighting against ISIS without even realising it?

no , they know it .

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

i was referring to the christian Kurds , so in other words Muslim and Christians are fighting side by side

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: croatianguy

Everything we are taught is left and right...you can think of these tribes as the left and right ideology much the same as left and right politics......

Everything about our way of thinking in this world is left/right,everything from our entertainment to military......

So to answer your question nothing will change until our way of thinking does......

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Not likely as they do not see each other as real Muslims. Islam will reach that point as well through education and economics.

So might be another century before that happens you think?

That would seem likely. Of course you never know change can happen quickly at times.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So if Iran and Israel ever went to war, ISIS would fight with Israel against Iran??

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

With all due respect MrSpad I don't believe we will see peace in the world if Religion died out .

On the contrary i think we will see an increase in violence and evil .

The Moral compass of this world is already spinning wildly , Imagine if most of the world did not fear retribution in the hear after for their actions.

True god fearing people are peaceful and humble because they understand the foundation of what ever religion they are apart of.

The foundation of every religion is to bridge a spiritual connection / understanding to the creator ,the creator being love at the purest form .

When more people understand love and compassion then we will have a peaceful world good sir .

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
We have a few antichrists here on ATS , i wonder if they could scare everyone into playing nice . On topic , lets hope the sunnis and #es never wake up that they both have the same god .
edit on 30-6-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
They believe that neither group can go to Paradise unless the other group is totally eliminated off the face of the Earth. So ,no ,they will never call a truce.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Not likely as they do not see each other as real Muslims. Just like large parts of Christianity to not see denominations as real Christians. During the Crusades the Crusaders spent as much time killing other Christian sects as they did Muslims. Heck the last fighting among Catholics and Protestants just ended not long ago. Now actual go to church and follow the rules Christians are a dying breed. Islam will reach that point as well through education and economics. When religion is mostly dead we just might have some real peace in this world which is ironic as all regions claim to be peaceful.

I guess you are talking about the Northern Ireland issue with Protestants and Catholics, are you suggesting it was/is also a global issue amongst ALL Catholics and protestants, that seems a little silly.

I think the NI religious issues were political as much as religious, but hey.
Nothing like a little us and them sensationalism.

I am a protestant and have many catholic friends, some even christian, better christians than me

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Please do not give in to the propaganda. This is a scenario. Which Sunni, which Shia. This is all divide and conquer. The aim of colomnialists is to divide and decompose countries in the middle east according to sects and races, so that middle east countries become weak. If uprising of muslims and other oppressed people in the middle east occurs, and popular governments become established, this world order will definitely collapse. The most strategic points of this world will be in hand of those people. This is why colonialists are feared. They use their puppet dictators and the terrorist groups for their game. Look at Yemen. Their targets are only civilians, why !? because they know well that oppressed and barefooted people are their main enemies.
www.sunniandshia.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   

So if Iran and Israel ever went to war, ISIS would fight with Israel against Iran??

If Israel wanted to fight with Iran, it would not make ISIS. ISIS, Al-Qaeda is a tool for cutting relations between Iran and groups like Hamas and Hizbullah. It is not odd that ISIS usually attacks whereever it has a problem with Israel. Even Hamas is fighting against radical terrorists. Hamas is not Shia.
Israel has spread so much hatered against itself in the surrounding area. This is it's own fault. So the problem of Israel is not governments, but it's main problem is people !

top topics

join