It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Donald Trump Surging in the Polls? And Does it Mean He is For Real? Part One of Two

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:45 AM
link   
To me this says people are sick of politics as usual and looking for a alternative. Even for the Donald,it seems.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
He's surging in the polls because he's saying everything that conservatives like to hear from a candidate.

Hatred towards minorities and the immigrant communities being a big part of that strategy.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Donald has already released his finance statement several days prior to him making his announced run for the POTUS

The document he released was not the official release nor did it have the detail information he will be required to provide for his official document.

We do not need a politician for the POTUS. We need a business man/ women in charge

Politician and Business man/ women are one in the same. You can't be a successful politician without being a successful businessman.

I believe Donald will do what he says, if he becomes the POTUS.

IMO I think he will use his power to stroke his ego and use the gov't as his bully to get revenge on those that have done HIM wrong , and get exclusive contracts. So in the end he will be no different than other politicians.

I guess we will see by the end of the month. IMO I think he will drop off by the deadline when he has to provide the detailed financial information. Until then its great free PR for the Donald, which he has taken advantage for the last few elections.

edit on 49630America/ChicagoTue, 30 Jun 2015 09:49:32 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
One thing Donald has that none of the others has is $$$ of his own.

That means he will not be beholden to outside influence when decision making is needed, IMHO this is why he scares the establishment political system on both sides of the aisle. He will not be easily controlled.

Far as I'm concerned it means he would at least be capable of making the best decisions for the country as a whole rather than serving special interest group issues to the detriment of the nation.

Could he have used less blunt language on illegal immigration, sure, but in truth of fact he's right about the issue and how out of control it's become.

I think what would happen is positive closure of border and an improving domestic economy would allow absorbing current illegals that have no criminal background other than illegal border crossing.

On China and trade he's spot on about how favorable things are to that country - been wanting action on that for a long time myself. Rectifying this is long past due.

Bloat and waste on the federal level is legion. If anyone can reduce it, it'd be Trump.

Yes someone who bluntly tells it like it is without the sugar coating is needed to get the do nothing status quo congress of its duff and working again. I don't think Trump would have one iota of hesitation in doing that from bully pulpit of the President's podium.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondtruth

What's getting him into trouble (like most politicians) is when they get excited, go off script, and say things they really feel (but really don't want voters to know.)
What if these 'slipups' are just another part of the script? Remember, sad as it may be, politics is just another game. And like all games, it's played on multiple levels. The one you can see is just a distraction.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondtruth

As long as Mr. Trump can stay on message, he will be a force that Republican candidates must face head on. That being said, there are two questions that arise from the preceding statement. The first is the most obvious, can Trump stay on message? We saw in his announcement speech that there were times when Trump seemed to be teetering on the edge of political doom. He rambled on incessantly and his thought-process seemed scattered at best. While for the most part Mr. Trump was successful in not straying from the script, there were a few slight glimpses into the mind of the real Donald Trump, a mind that we will explore in just a bit.

This is what makes him real and not some scripted, crafted worthless politician...and that resonates well with me. A regular person is going to make some mistakes when speaking... I know I do.
edit on 30-6-2015 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

One thing Donald has that none of the others has is $$$ of his own.

That means he will not be beholden to outside influence when decision making is needed,

Don't under estimate greed and power. We have had plenty of wealthy politicians in the past that haven't made a positive difference for the majority of Americans . Not to mention another weasel on the presidential run , but the Clintons aren't slumming it.

He also has several shady business deals and has numerous bankruptcies under his hands.

In reality the Donald is likely not as rich as the Donald likes himself to be and that is why I think he will bail out of the running come the end of July: when he has to submit his official detailed financial statements.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

"We need a business man/woman in charge"... no, we need someone without a mental disorder.

Look up 'Narcissist' in the dictionary and there will be Trump's face.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Rez, you are correct that all humans make mistakes including speaking mistakes... I am not concerned with the fact that he may have misspoke, My issue is with the content of these 'slip-ups' where it seems to lift the veil ever so slightly that we might get a glimpse into how Trump would really govern. (Hint: He is an imperialist sociopath with a need for power and narcissistic predisposition.)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I can comfortably say that there are two possible reasons, the first is for sure.....

1.Uninformed voters - people who only listen to platitudes of a candidate, and dont look deeper into their background or the policies they actually support

2. Media manipulation of data - For example, I dont for one second believe Jeb Bush is as high on the polls as he is with the conservative base in America, every conservative person I know wouldnt vote for that guy if he was the ONLY candidate left, theyd go third party. Not to mention if you listen to talk radio (ya ya flame on), I have yet to hear anyone support him.

i just dont buy the numbers....
edit on 6/30/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jana12

"We need a business man/woman in charge"... no, we need someone without a mental disorder.

Look up 'Narcissist' in the dictionary and there will be Trump's face.

Right next to Obama.......

I agree we already have one of those in office......and im sure all politicians are to an extent......but we really really dont need another to those epic levels

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

That means he will not be beholden to outside influence when decision making is needed, IMHO this is why he scares the establishment political system on both sides of the aisle. He will not be easily controlled.

This is where you need to pause a moment and reflect on this......

The one thing that really rich people have is money, when they have all the money they need......

The next thing they want is power.......and that hunger never is satiated........

This guy talks a great game, but its all platitudes........he has no real feasible plan to combat anything hes said....

Well except maybe Tariffs.........and those worked really well to get us into the Great Depression research Smoot-Hawley Tariff

America there are far better candidates out there.....dont waste your time with this particular Dog and Pony show

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Trump is a joke period.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

Illegal immigration is much more unpopular than most in power will admit to themselves.

I am not talking about immigrants. I am talking about anyone who sees the laws for how to come here legally and decides to not follow them and invite themselves here anyhow.

And I am not talking about Latinos. I am talking about immigrants.

But consider this about the illegal immigrants from south of the border, their own governments tell them how to come here. They do this for two reasons: 1.) They don't want them there. 2.) They like it when they send money back to those countries once here. No country actually promotes sending its best and brightest to other nations. They call that brain drain, and the South and Central American countries are no different. They want to keep their best, not send them here.

I am not knocking the work ethic of the people who come, but we are not getting Einstein out of this deal which is another reason to handle the flow through legal channels. We still won't get Einstein, and that's OK, but we also won't get overwhelmed with too many for our own system to handle. We can only fix things for a few at a time before we take in the next few and fix it for them.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jana12
It's no secret that Trump is a narcissist (he has every single one of the nine traits and characteristics, along with the behaviors consistent with NPD) which means he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder and narcissists never, ever make good leaders. He's not in it 'for the people', he's in it 'for the power'...the power he will surely abuse. Arrogance is not a virtue. Trump is one big bowl of wrong who blames everything on everyone else and takes no responsibility or accountability.

Mark my words, if he is elected/selected POTUS he will destroy the country and blame everyone and anything but himself.

I find your entire post hilarious! There is no bigger narcissist than the one currently in the White House.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I guess same reason Hitler surged in the polls. There were plenty or reasonable shneazable candidates, whom divvied up the votes amongst themselves, but if you wanted an eccentric megalomaniac, there was only Hitler so he got ALL the votes of that demografic.

Lesson of history, we do not need less, but moar racists in politics.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Rez, you are correct that all humans make mistakes including speaking mistakes... I am not concerned with the fact that he may have misspoke, My issue is with the content of these 'slip-ups' where it seems to lift the veil ever so slightly that we might get a glimpse into how Trump would really govern. (Hint: He is an imperialist sociopath with a need for power and narcissistic predisposition.)

I don't disagree with you about his need for power, but at the same time, I like the tough talk and the non-politician attitude. We've become such a nanny state in recent years that maybe we need this type of leadership. The politically correct (all in the name of progressiveness) is getting tiresome...I can't wait for a breath of fresh air, and we won't have that with the usual politician...republican or democrat.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
He's surging in the polls because he's saying everything that conservatives like to hear from a candidate.

Hatred towards minorities and the immigrant communities being a big part of that strategy.

Except conservatives don't hate either.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I don't disagree with you about his need for power, but at the same time, I like the tough talk and the non-politician attitude. We've become such a nanny state in recent years that maybe we need this type of leadership. The politically correct (all in the name of progressiveness) is getting tiresome...I can't wait for a breath of fresh air, and we won't have that with the usual politician...republican or democrat.

Id rather have tough solutions then just the tough talk..........its like the guy at the bar who barks at everyone and then slips out the back door when crap hits the fan.....

Anyone can talk.......and the only policies ive seen him even come close to coming up with would be disastrous.....

Dont listen to rhetoric, listen to solutions....

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The reason why Trump is doing well at the moment is several fold.

First of all he's a novelty.

Secondly he's got a lot of money for promotion--he doesn't need to beg/borrow/steal campaign funds.

Thirdly, he already is a large celebrity with a lot of fans and a huge name recognition.

Once the novelty wears off, I think we'll see him drop in the polls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join