It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of a Thread Not My Own, Yet I had posted On

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There was an odd thread started in Gray Area. I spent maybe an hour trying to make sense of it and find where a part of it came from... an old historical book. I posted my findings. I was eager to see, still, what the post was about. Why was it made? Was it the beginning of a short story? A puzzle? Only to find it was gone. It would have been nice to see a U2U saying 'a topic you replied to has been removed'. There were maybe 10 posts in response. I can see this would be unwieldy if there were a ton of responses but in this case I am disappointed. My research was for nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Why not send a U2U to whoever wrote the thread. That's a good way to find out.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I can't see that such a message as you wished sent to you would have made a bit of a difference. You DID get the message.
Very similar to applying for a job and never hearing that you didn't get hired. The cold message is there. Don't take it personal. It is simply an efficient business practice.

Perhaps not important to your experience with that thread, but any post that has required work on you part should first be done in a word processor program and then lifted to ATS. That way, you at least have what you said and it may become useful at some point.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

If a thread disappears, isn't it totally gone from any ability to find it?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yes it is but you can still send a message to whoever wrote it and ask.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun I can find the op on google, but none of the replies

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark
Ty, maybe. I am still unsure the OP's intentions were good, though it opened a topic worthy of research.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun It would of. like a nod. The disappearance is like a turn of the back.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

There's a site you can go to that allows you to go back before the time it was removed. Just enter the link for ATS in the search bar at the top. You'll be able to enter the date. Then it takes you there. Wayback Machine

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark I will try there. ty
some sites can't be 'spidered' that way. But I can save my research and maybe make a thread that is useful.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

No problem. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Aliensun It would of. like a nod. The disappearance is like a turn of the back.

I can see that you are not a writer. Again, you can't take it personally. No reply is usually the name of the game.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: reldra

I can see that you are not a writer. Again, you can't take it personally. No reply is usually the name of the game.

You can see I am not a writer? You would be completely wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I know the pain of putting a lot of work into a post only to have the thread locked or removed. There's always a good reason, but it still hurts.

However, if you've done research on a subject, want to discuss it and there isn't already an ongoing discussion about it, you're always welcome to start a new thread.

Any topic that is relevant to one of our forums and doesn't run afoul of the terms & conditions is fair game.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Two more in the last 2 days. I am going to call them 'Threads Dissppeared'.

Last night there was a very enjoyable thread. A Mod posted that it would remain- as similar versions of this thread had been pulled before. It is NASA footage of 2 objects. It was not the secureteam one. It is untouched footage. An expert posted in the thread. I can't remember the spelling of the OP's name and I can't find it on google. I am really, really disappointed this time.
edit on 2-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is stupid. There was thread that was quite funny and it's gone. now i have to try and message people to find out what was last said inside of it. Cant believe how retarded this is.

new topics

top topics

join