It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow Crashes 350 Points in Worst Market Drop of 2015

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Cue Bullard or some other Federal Reserve shill to obloviate hot air and the market will be up gangbusters tommorrow CNBC of course is calling this a buy opportunity,one day it will come unstuck but not over an economy worth 0.3 per cent of the world market.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
The Marshall Plan after WWII was all about stablity and avoiding the circumstances that gave birth to the Nazi's; the horrible AUSTERITY imposed on the German people after WWI in order to pay war reparations.. In reading the Memoirs of the US ambassidor to Germany, I can't recall the name, in the run up to WWII - I was struck, as was he, by the single minded goal of making sure the 'payments' kept coming in regardless of repercussions.

We are seeing the same thing today, in Europe and it's beyond Greece. The Neofascists are gaining huge followings as are, more hopefully the neo-left that we see in power in Greece.

Remember it was a very close race between the left and the right in Greece - there is no middle way left to people of good will.

EDIT - not memoirs this book: "In the Garden of Beasts" by Erik Larson:

In June 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed a mild-mannered, bookish historian from the University of Chicago, William Dodd, as his new ambassador to Germany. Dodd wasn't Roosevelt's first choice, nor was he an obvious one: A lifelong academic who was writing a multivolume history of the antebellum South, Dodd was chosen simply because he had a doctorate from the University of Leipzig — where he wrote his dissertation on Thomas Jefferson — and spoke fluent German.

Not that Dodd was a militant moralist. He came to the job willing to give Hitler the benefit of the doubt. But precisely because he had been away from Germany so long, the depths to which the country had already fallen — dissenters banished to prison camps, Jews and foreigners being attacked in broad daylight — quickly soured him on his hosts. "I had at least hoped to find some decent people around Hitler," he told a German society columnist. "I am horrified to discover that the whole gang is nothing but a horde of criminals and cowards."

From the review here:

www.nashvillescene.com... esnt-want-to-hear-it/Content?oid=2420785

edit on 29-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Beans and rice? Why not cash out and stock the freezer with beef and bacon? It's coming down some more, lies do not work forever. They will be saying it is a normal major correction by the end of the week.

I'm just spreading doom and gloom, I don't know what is going to happen. I only know that nothing was actually fixed after the 2008 crash.

Things got much worse for most Americans from 2007 until now.

There has not been any recovery.

They only slowed the fall.

As every day the cost of living increases and wages for most stay flat.

Every single day since 2007 most Americans have become poorer.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
A dip of 2% really isn't anything. I do recall seeing something that a major correction, a drop of 10% or so, is far overdue though. I believe it's almost been double the average time for one. Maybe this is just a precursor event.

My knowledge of the stock market is very limited, so I may be incorrect. Just saying what I recall reading in the past few months.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I only know that nothing was actually fixed after the 2008 crash.

Well , I surely didn't see what changed either.

What I personally saw was a lot of manipulation for example : phantom properties that were hidden from the consumers in order to not flood the market.

Just now one of those properties that was vacated during the 08 crash came to be listed for sale. I know of several others that were also hidden from the market for at least 3-5 years before they were listed on the market for sale.

The only positive I see is that that those in charge and that control the global market don't appear to want their number one consumer based economy to fully crash. If we were to fully crash people might actually start seeing the reality and manipulation that occurred.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

It appears Tuesday is an up day for the stock markets if yesterdays SDOW flag is correct.
The Dow Jones is sitting on the 5 year trend line, so i'm sure the GSPPT is working overtime.
The Global economy isn't going to tank over the Greek and Puerto Rican debt which is ancient history.

It would be suicidal for the Fed to raise interest rates at this point unless they want a 20% correction in the Dow and a stagnant real estate market.

Pool boy is in prison somewhere so he can't help with market timing.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Correction: Worst Market Drop of 2015 so far.

Ya we're not in the later part of the year, so it could get a lot worse be for the end of the year.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Lunch update the European markets are all down another percent US markets opened up but have remained flat.
Looks like it will be up to the Asia markets to show us the next leg.
Anyone have trouble accessing the FTSE 100 between 9:24 and 10:38 this morning?

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thank you Greece

Ironically they have revised UK growth Up......go figure
edit on 30-6-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Not even a single mention of Puerto Rico or it $70 billion debt that it cannot pay back. Nor the fact that it will have a greater affect on the US economy than Greece.

Austerity is utter Bull****

There is more than enough money and resources to provide everyone on this planet with basic services and healthcare. Unfortunately, it comes down to how those resources are allocated, controlled, and distributed. With our current system, those resources are hoarded by the wealthiest/most powerful and then those same people come out using media in all forms (both consciously/subliminally) to tell us there isn't enough to go around.

Stop letting them control you.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: leo1215

The US NSA is monitoring the situation.

www.vox.com...

With our current system, those resources are hoarded by the wealthiest/most powerful and then those same people come out using media in all forms (both consciously/subliminally) to tell us there isn't enough to go around.

According to the linked article its about power.

Greece has historically ruled the bird bath.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join