It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men Don't DO Subtle!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I first read it as men don't do Stuble.

Now Zazz, we both know that would have been a lie!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting I swear I responded to this thread a few days ago. I forget what I was going to ad to the conversation, so it must not have been important. So I'll just sit back and show my support for this thread. Also know you have total empathy from me.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Never tell a man your problems...unless you actually want a solution.

We're not big fans of subtle. Just say what you mean, and things just go so much smoother.

For example, why does this question always have to generate an argument?

"What do you want for dinner?"

It's a pretty basic thing. Inevitably, women reply with the oh so subtle, "I don't care" or "Whatever".

Here's the difference. When a guy says those things, he MEANS it. He really will settle for anything.
Women really mean, "Whatever, as long as it isn't this, this, this, this, or that...or maybe even that....I'm not in the mood for any of that either, etc."

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Good Lord! He moves your cosmetics?

This may seem a little absurd, but I would never even touch, or go near a shelf that had cosmetic products on it.

I have a deep dislike of the products which many women use. I believe that a readiness regime containing more than shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste and deodorant is inherently wrong on every possible level. The idea of life, as I see it, is to get stuck in, and not give a god damn what one looks like while doing it. To my mind there is more beauty and wellness in that attitude, than could ever be impersonated by application of a full range of cosmetics products.

Hence my much repeated but eternally useful description of make up:

Graffiti on the Mona Lisa.
edit on 7-7-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A bit of everything has it's place syndrome?.
I don't get that, I used to get told of by my ex because I put the toothpaste on the wrong side of the sink..why does it matter?.
Oh and don't moan about the toilet seat why don't you put it back up for us men?
edit on 7-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Oh and don't moan about the toilet seat why don't you put it back up for us men?

I never have that issue. Peeing while standing makes me feel like a damn animal, lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
A bit of everything has it's place syndrome?.
I don't get that, I used to get told of by my ex because I put the toothpaste on the wrong side of the sink..why does it matter?.

I completely agree! I stopped complaining about that years ago. Women don't own the toilet seat, but I can tell you this, during the night if you sit down on it and it's been left up -- it can be a very shocking experience -- and I do mean SHOCKING, and not in a good way. One has to take a middle-of-the night shower. In a perfect world, everybody has their own bathroom.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Never tell a man your problems...unless you actually want a solution.

Absolutely. Took me a while to figure that out. Don't complain about your boss -- they will head to the car or phone to 'talk to them'! EEEEK! God no! Just let me complain and give me sympathy! That's all I want, I don't want you to DO anything, what's wrong with you? "Then just don't tell me". Whaaa? no! Of course I must visit all my difficulties on you!

TrueBrit:

I have a deep dislike of the products which many women use

Surely you don't mean that! Cosmetics are so wonderful, I often think men get ripped off by not using them. But I think they are beginning to use more skin care products, moisturizers and serums and stuff. As well they should.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
a reply to: ladyinwaiting I swear I responded to this thread a few days ago. I forget what I was going to ad to the conversation, so it must not have been important. So I'll just sit back and show my support for this thread. Also know you have total empathy from me.

Glad you weighed in on this sore little subject!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I really do!

My friends tell me that I should dye my grey hair, get a "peel" and use creams to appear fresher, ergo younger. I say to hell with it. I am no liar. I appreciate what is real, and I appreciate people who share reality with me, not the real they drew for themselves, but the real that is drawn by time in the corner of an eye, or in the flesh at the corner of a mouth, or in the grey of a persons hair.

I earned every blemish I carry on myself, and value them all. I cannot understand the obsession some seem to have with eliminating the passage of time from their faces. I would no more understand that from a human, than I would understand a tree hiding its bark, or a felled tree hiding its rings.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I had the same problem over the toilet paper roll in the bathroom.
I like it to roll over not under,my house guest kept changing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I see your point, but I also think mother nature can use a little help sometimes! These days the trick with make-up for women is to wear it without looking like you are wearing it. I adore playing around with it. And some of those moisturizers and crèmes are really good for your skin. -You have nice hair and skin it looks like, so you don't need to think about it.

Yet.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join