It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So , the Top Gear Final episode

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So last night saw the last ever Top Gear episode with the three musketeers , did you see it ? what did you think ?

I thought it was self indulgent and at 75-minutes overly long , I also felt the somber tone of the presentation was totally misplaced , nobody died Clarkson was just let go.
The first of the two films shown was for me the best and a reminder of why the show was so great , it was amusing , interesting and the climax with Richard Hammond wing walking had me crying with laughter.

I think a compilation of the shows best moments would have been a better send off , perhaps minus the sad pouting of Hammond and May.
Top Gear is dead , it was great but now it's gone .... unless you watch Dave.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Until a new one comes out soon... heard Chris Evans will host.. quite a good choice in my opinion.
How will it fair again the 'old' top gear remains to be seen.
but the bbc are hoping to revive this show with such a high profile and fitting signing.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

On that bombshell it's time to cancel the show, Goodbye everybody!

There is no way the new "improved" Lineup can match the popularity of Clarkson, Hammond, or May and now that the former hosts are reported to be making a new show I don't see how Top Gear will survive.

edit on 29-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Given his track record I think if anyone can save the show it's Chris Evans , whether it will succeed is the great unknown but the Top Gear format as we know it is no more , which in a way is sad but in many ways its for the best.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'll make a prediction that there'll be a woman in the new lineup.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

the last I had heard on it was the "dream team" purported to be in the making for taking over. brandchannel.com...

Those people. Which looked like a rather sad copy of the lineup for the U.S. version. Honestly I think the U.S. version sucks outside of a handful of episodes. Just doesn't make the standard set by Clarkson & Co.

Don't know anything about Chris Evans (thought it was the fella from Captain America) but it will be interesting to see how it fares compared to Clarkson's new venture. Everything about Top Gear's numbers has plummeted since Clarkson was sacked, from website hits to Twitter followers and so on.

Should be entertaining!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

On that bombshell it's time to cancel the show, Goodbye everybody!

There is no way the new "improved" Lineup can match the popularity of Clarkson, Hammond, or May and now that the former hosts are reported to be making a new show I don't see how Top Gear will survive.

Hammond and May have said they won't co-host with other than Clarkson, and it's only reported that all three might do a show on another channel. Clarkson has said he was asked to come back, and refused.
ITV would only make a horlicks of the show along with the crappy commercial breaks, although Channel Four might do better. I can't see any other channel taking up the gauntlet from the BBC for what is a pretty expensive programme, which the BBC sold worldwide for primetime and made big money out of.
Chris Evans only might be a good choice, he is a car buff but maybe more with a anoraktic bent, so I'm not sure about him. He can be funny, but also somehow annoying, but anyway he's got the job. I'd rather have the old crew!
In edit.. Gorty, I too laughed my leg off at Hammond, and the way it was done.

edit on 29-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

There's still the rumors floating of meetings with Netflix execs. I honestly hope that's the route the trio takes, as the possibilities on there are nearly limitless.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: smurfy

There's still the rumors floating of meetings with Netflix execs. I honestly hope that's the route the trio takes, as the possibilities on there are nearly limitless.

That'd be awesome.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Jodie Kidd can drive better than Clarkson.

That said, I don't understand how something so scripted can be any good. They've sugar coated spontaneity and deep fried it in the programme.

At least Chris Evans is good at making scripted llook non scripted.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

That said, I don't understand how something so scripted can be any good. They've sugar coated spontaneity and deep fried it in the programme.

I really like the way that it's obviously scripted but badly acted, I always assumed that was part of the joke?

Does anyone really think that someone went out for lunch and came back with a dead cow on the roof?

The schoolboy humour with pranking and buggering up eachothers cars however I think is real as you can see the laughter is not scripted and by far the best part of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Same here. The pranks were often hysterical to me. Of course the studio bits are scripted and they aren't "accidentally" driving cars through mobile homes for a movie.

Whatever they are, I don't think they'll ever be accused of being actors. Except maybe bad ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
As Jezzer said, it was just cobbled together. Shame really, they should have just aired the final three episodes for the fans.

As for Chris Evans, didn't he sign off his final show at his last job with the words "and on that bombshell"?
A hint perhaps of the originality to come...

I love top gear, but I actually like the team of Jezzer, Hamster and Captain Slow just as much, it is hard to get such diverse personalities to gel so well I imagine.

As far as the future is concerned, if that team stays together I am sure they will do well, I await what they might produce with bated breath.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just watched the last episode and it was a litle odd with no Clarkson and audience. Also Hammond with a goatee looked like a little RDJ Iron man clone.

I liked the way they just did the end credits with no music although I still think it's a set up.

I think they knew it was time to have a change and needed to make it interesting.

They are all made up charecterers and anyone that thinks otherwise is missing some great jokes.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: and14263

I really like the way that it's obviously scripted but badly acted, I always assumed that was part of the joke?

Does anyone really think that someone went out for lunch and came back with a dead cow on the roof?

The schoolboy humour with pranking and buggering up eachothers cars however I think is real as you can see the laughter is not scripted and by far the best part of it.

I give you a star for that, as well as for having your teeth done.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's not my type of humour but everyone is different! Maybe I'm too straight edge

new topics

top topics

join