It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams Predicting The Future, Or People Emulating Their Dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Several months before my first trip to Peru I had a dream of being in my back yard looking far into the distance. There stood a large crane-like apparatus that I recognized as a bungee jumping platform.

Thereafter I realized Cusco, Peru had a 400' bungee jump and I went for it.

Around the same time period I had a dream that a shaman visited me and told me my friend (who accompanied me on my jungle voyage) had something wrong with his lower dantien, and that it could be healed in the amazon.

Thereafter during my jungle adventures con la medicina y la curando vegetalistia Orlando Chujandama (see my blog @ ayaadventure.wordpress.com) my friend had his lower dantien healed by a helper spirit.

Around a month after that adventure I dreamed of myself sitting in a Maloka (a ceremonial hut) where I was all alone with my hair buzzed short whilst playing with the forces of the universe.

Not long ago I had a friend cancel out on me (we had planned take another trip to Peru together), and I found myself in that same Maloka alone... essentially playing with the forces of the universe.

Before taking that trip I buzzed my hair so it'd exactly resemble how I appeared in the dream--and that begs a question. For those of you who have prophetic dreams, do you find the dreams coming true by themselves, or do you find yourself changing your actions to suit the dream?

Without my electing to take that leap, that bungee dream would've been insignificant. Without my decision to trim my hair short, that latter dream wouldn't have been exactly true.

So answer me this: are we dreaming the future, or are we steering our choices so the future resembles our dreams?
edit on 29-6-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Interesting dream. Do you have them often?

I had a dream a few yrs ago, and i assumed it was Peru. Never dreamt of it before or after this dream. But in the dream i saw White Llamas running with fear in their eyes, running madly across a mountain side, wearing brightly coloured clothing. There was a severe flood, people were screaming and trying to get away from it, and then a severe blizzard. It was one massive event after another.

Harness what power you believe you possess for positive reaction, regardless of what others may believe.
edit on 6/29/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I have predictive/metaphysical dreams rather often. Another time after starting practice of Taoism, I had a dream of slitting my own throat then pulling tons of grossness (organs, entrails, etc) out of my body. Little did i realize at the time, but the goal of Taoist meditation is to "kill" the self (read: destroy the ego) and pull all sickness (read: undesirable habits) out from the mind.

Years later after continuing that practice, I'm essentially a completely different person than I was. So that one came true also.

For a metaphysical example, see one of my angel encounters here.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel
a reply to: awareness10

I have predictive/metaphysical dreams rather often. Another time after starting practice of Taoism, I had a dream of slitting my own throat then pulling tons of grossness (organs, entrails, etc) out of my body. Little did i realize at the time, but the goal of Taoist meditation is to "kill" the self (read: destroy the ego) and pull all sickness (read: undesirable habits) out from the mind.

Years later after continuing that practice, I'm essentially a completely different person than I was. So that one came true also.

For a metaphysical example, see one of my angel encounters here.

I've always found my dreams fascinating but i don't meditate and i don't believe in much of anything here as being real, but please don't let me put you off in any way, i do enjoy listening to what others dream also. I'll check out your link later it sounds interesting. It also seems that you, like myself, interpret your own dreams quite specifically. I would agree to the analysis you came to of this dream. Getting rid of the sickness be it physical or as some may like to say spear it uall er spiritual

I have had many dreams also, so many in fact i can't keep up anymore. But, since you mentioned this very interesting one it made me recall one i had regarding a Snake, i've had many dreams of Animals talking to me in dreams but this one was truly odd.

I was being crushed by a very very large snake, in fact the pain was so overwhelming my lower spine ached, 'chakras'. An even larger Snake chased it away and told me i had nothing to fear if i stayed close to it. I rememeber i was in an underground with dirt floors and cave exits, i was wearing a white tunic on and short brown hair, i feel i may have been inside someone else's body experiencing this in my dream, however, after i woke up from it, and i couldnt breathe that is until i realized it was just a dream. So yes totally understand how you feel, and i'd love to hear more.
edit on 6/29/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10So yes totally understand how you feel, and i'd love to hear more.

Sure, no problem. Here's another couple I remember offhand.

After beginning to meditate I got a copy of the Chuang Tzu, and I'd read it every morning before starting work. One morning I got really sleepy during reading then took a nap, where I had a dream of sitting on a bench in a grassy park next to a stranger whose body was made of pure white light.

I can't remember the specific details, but that being of light was explaining to me how to die--which in Taoist lexicon means how to release and destroy the ego.

Another time, after studying the Tao for a few years, I started trying to help others around me improve their personas. I always tried adjusting things about my mother--a fairly unhappy woman--and constantly met ego-based resistance.

Shortly thereafter I got a dream of a snow-covered forest and an old gnarled tree whose branches and roots were so ice/frost-coated that moving any of them would shatter them off. Upon awakening I got the message... stop trying to readjust the poor lady, she's too old to start learning those new tricks.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

originally posted by: awareness10So yes totally understand how you feel, and i'd love to hear more.

Sure, no problem. Here's another couple I remember offhand.

After beginning to meditate I got a copy of the Chuang Tzu, and I'd read it every morning before starting work. One morning I got really sleepy during reading then took a nap, where I had a dream of sitting on a bench in a grassy park next to a stranger whose body was made of pure white light.

It sounds like you need to cut the apron strings of a bad experience you had growing up. You're entering a new phase of release, and awareness.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I would think it hard. Generally the dream I remember are more symbolic, so I just get a general gist of what they might mean after puzzling through what the various markers might represent, and I have to go with my inner intuition to figure that out.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My dreams are all vivid & lucid. I love them. On occasion they come to to exact detail. And I mean exact. The last couple that have come true I had even told a couple people about the dream. Because it wasn't such a good one. The last one cane true on 5.15.15 just 2 days later. It started out amazing yet life changing. Then was to turn devastating. And every single detail happen as I dreamt. I told the other person..... Seeee I told you I dreamt of this

That rarely happens. Tho I wish I knew which ones were going to actually happen vs. just a regular lucid dream.
The one before that... I actually didn't even know the person I had dreamt it about. And then told that persons son, that I did know. A month later, it happen. I wish I knew how to benefit from this.

new topics

top topics

join