It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will you be taking any extra cash out of your bank

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

originally posted by: JimNasium
For those who are squirreling away gold/silver, Wouldn't those "promises" be just as worthless as the cash?

Of course it will be.

If you want to know what you need to survive an economic crash just see how people survived in a war torn nation during world wars (more familiar to people living where attacks actually took place).

Basically the whole society doesn't become mad-max style. That's a survivalist fantasy and never happened in real life history.

What happens is people gather around the place where there traditionally was agriculture because it's the main thing you will need: daily food.

So small communities will form around these places and your value will be determined by what you can bring to this community.

So the minimum you need to survive the meltdown of a society is this:

- living close to at least a farm
- having a roof
- having a bike or horse to travel on longer distance without the need for oil
- having useful objects (tools, books, weapons, cooking ware, salt, ...)
- having tradeable objects (cigarettes, alcohol)

And that's it. Gold we loose a lot of value because you can't eat gold.

Everything above will be all you really need and everything else is superfluous.

And lol if you think you will survive on your own without belonging to a community

Matches,toilet paper...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
toilet paper...

Yeah in these times toilet paper can worth more than cash

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

you should have $500-1000 per family member on hand for emergencies or natural disasters.

There are a number of scenarios that could shut banks for a few days, up to a week. If ATM's stop, paper money will be much more valuable than usual due to the dominant influence of supply and demand.

Some items that are predominantly imported from other countries might go up quite a bit. The US is in a decent position as long as the corporate military empire remains in control. The TPP/TISA will usher in a cashless money system so the value of paper money might plummet. You can bet your ass that the TPP/TISA is going after precious metals. The banks wrote it.

It might even be too late as I write this. IDK.
edit on 29-6-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You can take it out of the bank and put it here for a few days but you have to watch it carefully.

When the PTB at the big investment companies decides the uncertainty is over in the markets this losses value quickly.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Cauliflower because: SDOW

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I sure won't tell.... too many bad people out there with the APP that shows your IP address, the rest of the detective work is elementary

but, yes I intend to keep more cash than regular when my auto deposits are made on those scheduled monthly dates, from July through December this year (maybe the crash/reset/bank holiday/ collapse/bail-in/401k seizures/... threats will pass without any black-swan and I won't need more than a few hundred in ready cash on hand for regular monthly debts and another 500 or so for a disposable firearm to lose at a potential future incident....)
edit on th30143559910129312015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think all the required law changes are now in-place to use your bank account monies as non-secured Loans that each banks can seize to cover their combined $1.24 Quadrillion of (2nd set of books) Derivatives exposure

I am still perplexed at what 1 ounce silver coins to acquire...the Libertad of Mexico, the Maple of Canada or the Eagle of the USA...

I suspect the real physical purity and content of the government distributed silver coins to regulated dealers for circulating the bullion coins/bars (from 'trusted' private mints)

if the paper futures are oversold by +100% whats to keep them from making coins sold at 1 Troy ounce of .999% silver but in reality are 10% silver, electrolyte coins worth only a nickel each but making the dealers $2.99 per coin premium and fattening the government at the 'Spot Price' ranging from $16.80-$35.40 back-in-the-hey-day of silver speculation...

I scratch my head and tend to freeze, not wishing to get ripped off by these 'dealers/official distributers' of Eagle/Maple/Libertad

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

Extra cash? What's that?

that made me laugh

a reply to: Sunwolf

Matches,toilet paper...

omg seriously whats wrong with you .. luxury items

I had to crash a wedding and rob supermarket disabled for that last week !!!!!!
edit on 29-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Just don't try to take out too much at a time. I think the government gets real interested in you if you withdraw more than a certain amount.

If you plan to do this ...and I am not sure that thousands of dollars would be more valuable in your home than at the bank if the economy tanks...then do it systematically, over time. Hit the ATM every other week...take out $200 or so at a time.

Best bet would be to USE that money you take out to buy food, fuel, supplies. Make sure you have a stable, clean water supply.

You will at least be better off than the poor folk who didn't pay attention and thought the sky would NEVER fall...

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I will stock up on nonperishable food items and ammunition.

Our cash will be worth next to nothing when the insane inflation happens.

I think a lot of us are in the same boat as you. What I do is pick up a couple of cheap cans of veggies or fruits each grocery visit. That's only about an extr 1.50-2.00 to your grocery bill. That way it doesn't take too much out of your budget and can help you survive. ( I stash peanut butter and canned tuna, too.)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman
a reply to: butcherguy

Hey I asked because you used the future tense. So you know, it means you haven't started already

Sorry I left myself open for you to insinuate that I am too stupid to prepare for a rainy day (which I am prepared for).

I should have used the words 'continue to' in my first post in this thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

More than anything else, I love your optimism that I have extra in the bank to withdraw
I generally keep enough in there to pay my bills and no more.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
open for you to insinuate that I am too stupid to prepare for a rainy day

Wow lets not get carried here. I have no idea why you felt offended and assume something like that. Yes your initial wasn't very clear don't blame me for having asked if you were sure it was a good strategy.

Sorry if you think I was insinuating anything at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Look like OP was right!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman
My apologies.
Sorry I am in a rotten mood today because I have discovered something a bit sinister about this site today. I have seen others allude to what I am speaking and never gave it a second thought. I thought what they were saying was bunk, but now I fear it is true.

It has nothing to do with this thread or any member. I won't say anything more or I will be banned.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You ask that like I keep money in banks.

"Give a man a gun, he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, he can rob the world."

I say let 'em keep artificially pushing the value of Au and Ag down, silver at under $15 USD/oz is buy buy buy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join