It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
in the words of past conservatives.....
"You're either with us or you are against us!!"

to put another way, I do not see anything being done by the "liberals" that hasn't or isn't being done by the "conservatives".

look through any thread on ATS concerning welfare, the poor, minimum wage, ect. if you don't believe me!

heck a person could be conservative to the core and stand against you on one of the hot issues and all of a sudden they are "liberal" or vice versa!!
How can a party that was so arrogant during the bush years become so whiny now?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
What I'm saying is that liberal or conservative you cannot deny history.

History PROVES that over time, evolutionary novel (new) ways of thinking triumph. People always cling to old ideas and morals, but time and time again it's been proven that they become discarded.

Conservatives are ALWAYS on the loosing end of these arguments. We may take a step back here and there, but we always make up for it with a few steps forward here and there.

Having that said, conservatism DOES play an important role in society. We need conservatives. Conservatives keep society from rushing ahead with new social ideas to quickly. They force us to slow down and debate. They allows us time to hash out details. We need some people to be cautious, fearful conservative-thinking.

In the end though it's pointless. As we continue to understand more about the natural world around us, we begin to fear it less. The less we fear our environment, the less we use the ancient structures of our mid-brain. We naturally use more grey matter.

The "more evolved" notion is in regards to socially evolved. As I pointed out, anyone can shrink the swollen amygdala and increase pre-frontal cortex activity. It's not like there is a "liberal gene".

However, politically liberal today is not the classical liberal of yesterday. The politically liberal people of today are just as close minded and dogmatically locked into a mindset as those they decry.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

And it IS a hit piece!

Im still waiting for the peer review.....ill go ahead and hold my breath

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Rather ironic that one protest a thread of liberal bigotry with a lot of bigotry, isn't it?

Indeed and in force, name calling and everything.......but conservatives are the ones who arent "evolved" as one study would like people to believe

im sure its along the same lines as the "study" that tried to say conservatives are just less intelligent then liberals.......

Im sure another peer reviewed study , and pinnacle of scientific method

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Flawed methodology--what is exactly a "conservative?"" "Liberal?" Both labels used in the UK do not translate well to the US. Sample size? Age? Other confounding factors controlled? What was the selection bias? The interpretation bias?

Interesting. I wonder if that info was included in the study? Did you read in to that?

All you gave us were two obviously politically motivated hit piece.

I did not post those pieces. MM did. But I have to ask how you can call in a hit piece, when you already said that you don't know much about the study itself? Sample size, age, etc. How did you come to that conclusion without looking at the study first?

Rather ironic that one protest a thread of liberal bigotry with a lot of bigotry, isn't it?

I have yet to say anything that could be considered bigoted. Are you sure you replied to the correct member?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MoreBeer

I don't like either party either. They are both overly polarized, but there is CERTAINLY a clear winner between which party is more racist than the other.

I think Bill Maher said it best when he said something like;

Not all Republicans are racist, but if you are a racist and you're looking for political affiliation with a lot of other people who share your views, the GOP is the place for you.

If you are a WHITE racist i would say that is true.

What about racists that are EVERY single other race?

They are definitely Democrats.

Unless you believe that only white people are racist which seems like the only kind of racists that are taken into account in these kind of discussions.

There are just as many racists of other races as there are white racists but that is not PC to talk about so they are conveniently ignored.

While I won't argue the fact that their are indeed some minority racist, I get the feeling that's not who you're really talking about here.

It's been my observation that in most cases where minorities are speaking out or protesting against whites, it isn't because their white.

It's the racist policies they're protesting, not the color of the enablers skin.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: introvert

And it IS a hit piece!

Im still waiting for the peer review.....ill go ahead and hold my breath

Ah. Typical laziness.

You make specific claims, cannot back-up that claim and then make subsequent requests of others to make it appear as if you have not just had your ass handed to you.

That's fine. At least we know you cannot be taken seriously. You just make things up as you go, regardless of the facts, to fit your own little view of the world around you.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Did you read the article?

They used various stimuli to see how they reacted. Pictures that illicited fear lit up different portions of self-described conservatives. In self-described liberals, other areas of their brains lit up in response to scary/gross images.

So we have two groups of stanch believers in two camps. An overwhelming number in each camps brain responded the same as their peers when presented with certain stimuli.

Liberals had pre-frontal cortex activty.

Conservative group had amgydala activity.

This is not "correlation equals causation". We have definite proof that people with conservative beliefs process images using different brain regions.
edit on 29-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Flatfish

An excellent example of diversionary tactics.

"Something like" but not real sure.

So it automatically becomes a "maybe possible".

The perfect disclaimer.

Excuse the hell out of me for being too lazy to find the video and post it for your enjoyment. As if you would have watched it anyway.

It's what he said. If you don't believe me, look it up. I know I got it pretty much correct, I just didn't want to make a quote that wasn't word-for-word accurate.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The intolerance of many who claim the title "liberal" goes well beyond the issue gay marriage, or equality issues, etc.... but carries over to the extreme of any thought or issue to which they hold as "right". There is a particular double standard when it comes to how most of them view the world. It goes so far that some would argue that only White people are racist, and that the President can do whatever he wants because.... Republicans are stopping him from doing something; that gays have a Constitutional right to marry despite its not being expressly stated, but they find some convoluted reason to say that the rights which are expressly written so as to "not be infringed" upon need to be removed or regulated out of existence with "common sense" laws.

Actually most of this isn't true. Also the gays DO have a Constitutional right to marry. It's called the 14th Amendment and as long as marriage is something handled by the state, the 14th Amendment applies to it. Most of your post is just pure hyperbole though.

As to political parties, neither are credible. But as to views of individuals, So called liberals tolerate only group-think and anyone not in that box is immediately "wrong", "ignorant" and subject to public ridicule and hate.

More hyperbole.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Flawed methodology--what is exactly a "conservative?"" "Liberal?" Both labels used in the UK do not translate well to the US. Sample size? Age? Other confounding factors controlled? What was the selection bias? The interpretation bias?

Interesting. I wonder if that info was included in the study? Did you read in to that?

All you gave us were two obviously politically motivated hit piece.

I did not post those pieces. MM did. But I have to ask how you can call in a hit piece, when you already said that you don't know much about the study itself? Sample size, age, etc. How did you come to that conclusion without looking at the study first?

I have yet to say anything that could be considered bigoted. Are you sure you replied to the correct member?

Since the actual study or paper wasn't linked. Who knows?

Of course the pieces provided were hit pieces--the bias of the author shows through.

The liberal party is generally more intellectual and the conservative party is more anti-intellectual.

The conservative party is big on national defense and magnifies our perception of threat, whether of foreign aggressors, immigrants, terrorists, or invading ideologies like Communism. To a conservative, the world really is a frightening place.

It is difficult to define a whole school of political ideology precisely, but one may reasonably define liberalism (as opposed to conservatism) in the contemporary United States as the genuine concern for the welfare of genetically unrelated others and the willingness to contribute larger proportions of private resources for the welfare of such others. In the modern political and economic context, this willingness usually translates into paying higher proportions of individual incomes in taxes toward the government and its social welfare programs. Liberals usually support such social welfare programs and higher taxes to finance them, and conservatives usually oppose them.

Defined as such, liberalism is evolutionarily novel. Humans (like other species) are evolutionarily designed to be altruistic toward their genetic kin, their friends and allies, and members of their deme (a group of intermarrying individuals) or ethnic group. They are not designed to be altruistic toward an indefinite number of complete strangers whom they are not likely ever to meet or interact with. This is largely because our ancestors lived in a small band of 50-150 genetically related individuals, and large cities and nations with thousands and millions of people are themselves evolutionarily novel.

The authors have preconceived and false notions of what a liberal is and what a conservative is and come out form the gate with the opinion that one is better, smarter, and more evolved than the other. These are patently incorrect.

It's not that conservative don't care about other people or the environment, they have different solutions for the problems. Simply coming at the issue in that manner out the gate demonstrates bias.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes, but how do we know that the liberals did not sabotage the sciencey thing-a-mabobs that read their brainwave activity? How do we know if little commies weren't injected in to their pre-fronta amgydalas to make them think liberal, progressive thoughts?

I believe we must research that aspect, as this was clearly a liberal plot to bring down the conservatives.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Oh look a conservative bigot calling out liberal bigots, great Thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Did you read the article?

They used various stimuli to see how they reacted. Pictures that illicited fear lit up different portions of self-described conservatives. In self-described liberals, other areas of their brains lit up in response to scary/gross images.

So we have two groups of stanch believers in two camps. An overwhelming number in each camps brain responded the same as their peers when presented with certain stimuli.

Liberals had pre-frontal cortex activty.

Conservative group had amgydala activity.

This is not "correlation equals causation". We have definite proof that people with conservative beliefs process images using different brain regions.

I read the article and neither linked the study or it's methodology.

You don't have anything remotely resembling "definite proof" of different brain structure and there is no way to draw correlation to politics or behavior if they did.

If this is what passes for "the superior intellect" of the liberal mind, if this is what you consider that, then that is extremely amusing.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MoreBeer

I don't like either party either. They are both overly polarized, but there is CERTAINLY a clear winner between which party is more racist than the other.

I think Bill Maher said it best when he said something like;

Not all Republicans are racist, but if you are a racist and you're looking for political affiliation with a lot of other people who share your views, the GOP is the place for you.

Thats funny, because its the Republican party that pushed for the Civil Rights movement.......it was the Republican party that Pushed for womens right to vote, and Blacks.......

No it was the NORTH that pushed for the Civil Rights movement. The northern politicians that pushed for it were both Republicans and Democrats. Stop trying to push the narrative that the Republicans were less racist in the past. This issue wasn't between Republicans and Democrats in the past, it was between the North vs the South.

And its the GOP that seems to have more diversity in the presidential candidates......

DNC has an old white woman and an old white guy.........

Not sure what this is supposed to be bragging about... Plus, in 2008 the DNC ran a woman and a black man while the GOP ran a bunch of old white men.

I despise the GOP because they no longer hold to their constitutional values.......even still

Your quote seems to hold no water

And you seem to have a romanticized version of Republican history.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Hahaha.

Surely that's those scientists trying to play God?

You can't expect to smash into the conservative wagon with a scientific explanation for there antiquated sense of being.

No no no, you might as well tell them Jesus was a progressive liberal...

Rather than a far right regressive.

For what it's worth, Jesus actually was a liberal progressive.
In actions and words.

What a bigot, eh.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
So let's recap. . .

"Liberals are bigots."

"Nuh-uh. Conservatives are bigots!"

and. . .

"Liberals have better brains and can think smarter."

"Nuh-uh."

"Uh-huh!"

"Nuh-uh."

"Uh-huh."

. . . . . . . . .

Can we stop the debate before genetalia is displayed?

Look, I get it, liberals and conservatives get butthurt when they are accused of being bigots.

The easiest way to stop that is to stop being a bigot.

Conservatives? Stop telling gay folks they can't get married. They can.

Liberals? Stop trying to tell religious people how to practice their faith.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

so in other words, "liberals" are bigots, because they do not respect and admire your bigotry?

You do not feel gay people are equal to other human beings in their rights. How terrible of me to have a problem with that!

You feel that symbols of slavery and tyranny are admirable and sacrosanct. How dare I disagree with you.

You do not believe women are sufficiently human enough to determine what happens to their own bodies? I'm the one who's got a problem for pointing out how wrong you are.

You ignore scientific evidence and favor a course of action that is certain to lead to the deaths and suffering of untold millions pf people because an invisible sky-person in a book written by bronze-age cultists tells you so... but I'm a terrible person for refuting it with reality.

it's a silly argument you present. "How dare you be bigoted against bigots!" is just sheer nonsense, and your attempt to cast disagreement with your mythology-based, fact-free approach to a situation that has demonstrable fact countering it as bigotry is asinine.
edit on 29-6-2015 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Gryphon66

You want to start a thread on conservative bigotry, go right ahead.

I'm still waiting on someone pointing out where liberalism has succeeded.

In my home town of Lubbock, Texas; not that long ago you would have lived in "Queen City" where the black folks were segregated. And where us white boys used to go to the bootleggers for our quarts of beer.

Now you can live anywhere in Lubbock you choose. It was the Liberals that pushed for this nondiscrimination not the conservatives in Texas.

To me that is progress...aka...progressive liberalism. I'm proud to have been a part of that movement and not the racist asshats that wanted to keep you in "Queen City" on the other side of the tracks.

Now I have been called a "people like you" by almost every conservative on this site. Thank you, I'm proud of that designation as well. Because ultimately...deep down in my soul, I know that my concern for my fellow man trumps BS ideology every time.

edit on 29-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's a great example.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join