It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I feel like you just described a country in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm noticing many of the tactics described being used.

*Diversions

*Tangents

*180 degree turnarounds

*Neener Neener name calling

*Blame used as reasoning

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Well stated and agreed.

Those who are screaming 'bigot' at others and acting as many do, may want to look at the full definition of the word...then look really hard and long into the nearest mirror.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The intolerance of many who claim the title "liberal" goes well beyond the issue gay marriage, or equality issues, etc.... but carries over to the extreme of any thought or issue to which they hold as "right". There is a particular double standard when it comes to how most of them view the world. It goes so far that some would argue that only White people are racist, and that the President can do whatever he wants because.... Republicans are stopping him from doing something; that gays have a Constitutional right to marry despite its not being expressly stated, but they find some convoluted reason to say that the rights which are expressly written so as to "not be infringed" upon need to be removed or regulated out of existence with "common sense" laws.

As to political parties, neither are credible. But as to views of individuals, So called liberals tolerate only group-think and anyone not in that box is immediately "wrong", "ignorant" and subject to public ridicule and hate.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MoreBeer

I don't like either party either. They are both overly polarized, but there is CERTAINLY a clear winner between which party is more racist than the other.

I think Bill Maher said it best when he said something like;

Not all Republicans are racist, but if you are a racist and you're looking for political affiliation with a lot of other people who share your views, the GOP is the place for you.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This thread is incredibly hilarious to read. 5 pages of people whining that liberals are trying to do this and do that. Straw mans, half-truths, false equivalencies, logical fallacies, and on and on.

I won't go in to greater detail as it seems many have already refuted the general notion set forth by the OP, but let me just add a little piece of advice for the anti-liberal people.

Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, grow a pair of balls and quite playing the emotional, helpless victims of some massive progressive conspiracy.

All the time we hear about how the left is a group of emotional sissies that play the victim and appeal to your emotions, yet we have seen the right do nothing but play the drama queens that are the victims of mean bullies that want to force us to be gay, restrict our free speech, ban everything we love, force your family to liberal re-education FEMA camps and kill baby Jesus in the process.

Please. What happened to men and women that could talk about issues with honesty and without ego, and not have to resort to propaganda talking points, outright lies and dishonest projections? It's quite disheartening.

Carry on drama queens.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

I don't like either party either. They are both overly polarized, but there is CERTAINLY a clear winner between which party is more racist than the other.

Not all Republicans are racist, but if you are a racist and you're looking for political affiliation with a lot of other people who share your views, the GOP is the place for you.

Thats funny, because its the Republican party that pushed for the Civil Rights movement.......it was the Republican party that Pushed for womens right to vote, and Blacks.......

And its the GOP that seems to have more diversity in the presidential candidates......

DNC has an old white woman and an old white guy.........

I despise the GOP because they no longer hold to their constitutional values.......even still

Your quote seems to hold no water
edit on 6/29/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

If you are a WHITE racist i would say that is true.

What about racists that are EVERY single other race?

They are definitely Democrats.

Unless you believe that only white people are racist which seems like the only kind of racists that are taken into account in these kind of discussions.

There are just as many racists of other races as there are white racists but that is not PC to talk about so they are conveniently ignored.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I would wager its more racist to foster the environment that keeps minorities in their squalor , like dependency on an ever growing government rule.........

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Rocker2013

See?

There's the bigotry.

It's not just that we have opinions. It's that they're "ignorant" and "stupid" and therefore it gives the rest of society the right to openly punish us for having them and you think that's right. That's intolerance.

To people like you, we don't simply disagree. We are evil for not thinking exactly as you do.

Well, it's been proven via scientific study that conservatives use older, more primitive brain structures for their reasoning. You could say it's not really intolerance, but science they're getting slammed with.

Conservatives use fear to make their decisions more than liberally minded people.:

Peering inside the brain with MRI scans, researchers at University College London found that self-described conservative students had a larger amygdala (link is external) than liberals. The amygdala is an almond-shaped structure deep in the brain that is active during states of fear and anxiety. Liberals had more gray matter at least in the anterior cingulate cortex, a region of the brain that helps people cope with complexity.

Source

The amygdala is a very, very old part of the brain, much older than the cortex (grey matter) that liberals tend to have more of. Being liberal is a new thing in terms of human evolution, so one could argue that liberal minded people using a more "new" part of their brain, practicing a newer way of society are more evolved:

Defined as such, liberalism is evolutionarily novel. Humans (like other species) are evolutionarily designed to be altruistic toward their genetic kin, their friends and allies, and members of their deme (a group of intermarrying individuals) or ethnic group. They are not designed to be altruistic toward an indefinite number of complete strangers whom they are not likely ever to meet or interact with. This is largely because our ancestors lived in a small band of 50-150 genetically related individuals, and large cities and nations with thousands and millions of people are themselves evolutionarily novel.

Even though past studies show that women are more liberal than men, and blacks are more liberal than whites, the effect of childhood intelligence on adult political ideology is twice as large as the effect of either sex or race. So it appears that, as the Hypothesis predicts, more intelligent individuals are more likely to espouse the value of liberalism than less intelligent individuals, possibly because liberalism is evolutionarily novel and conservatism is evolutionarily familiar.

Source

But fear not! Conservatives can actually shrink their swollen amygdala's by not watching FOX news and practicing mindful meditation!

MRI scans show that after an eight-week course of mindfulness practice, the brain’s “fight or flight” center, the amygdala, appears to shrink. This primal region of the brain, associated with fear and emotion, is involved in the initiation of the body’s response to stress.

As the amygdala shrinks, the pre-frontal cortex – associated with higher order brain functions such as awareness, concentration and decision-making – becomes thicker.

“The picture we have is that mindfulness practice increases one’s ability to recruit higher order, pre-frontal cortex regions in order to down-regulate lower-order brain activity,” she says.

In other words, our more primal responses to stress seem to be superseded by more thoughtful ones.

Source

So in other words, conservative people can become liberal by meditation and growing the region of their brain responsible for more thoughtful thinking.

We don't live in the Sahara, running after Ibex with spear in hand anymore. We don't protect our caves from saber tooth tigers to keep our women and children safe. We have developed highly complex social orders that enable us to cast off our primitive clan-based, greed-dominated patriarchy.

Time and time again has shown the evolutionary novel (or new) liberal ways of living have always won out and dominated in the long term. Old, conservative ways of thinking eventually become useless and left behind as cultural artifacts.

So when you are being "punished" for your conservative beliefs, just remember it's not really a punishment. You simply have out dated ways of thinking based on primitive tribalism, driven by fear.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I feel like you just described a country in the Middle East.

Yeah, and if they had their way we'd become a theocracy with Christianity being an "official" state religion.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well said.

Now if you also factor in the Pew Research study conducted last year that shows conservatives get their information from a very small group of sources, such as Fox, Breitbart and Glenn Beck, we can see that their primitive way of thinking is being directed by the propaganda they ingest. Liberals, on the other hand, had a diverse group of sources they used to get information.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

the fact that liberals have reached so far as to try and exault themselves and their ideologies as literally being further evolved than conservatives, and there in try to make conservatives look like out dated neanderthals , says everything I need to know.....

Seriously how slanderous and self important can people get?

Anyone who puts stock into that "study" proves beyond a shadow of a doubt just how self absorbed and bigoted they are.......

The sole purpose of that whole hit piece was to try and make anyone with different view points seem primitive.......

i cant even...........

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I would wager its more racist to foster the environment that keeps minorities in their squalor , like dependency on an ever growing government rule.........

I agree.

I wish a third party could somehow get enough of the vote to put forth a viable candidate.

I've personally had enough of this 2 party rule and the division and ideology it fosters.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Do you deny the scientific importance behind what they posted and sourced?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Isn't your reaction exactly the kind of one would expect when not liking the outcome?

The fMRI scans speak for themselves. People aren't necessarily born liberal or conservative, it appears environment plays a large role, more so than genetics.

Remember, don't meditate if you want to stay conservative!

It's funny, a lot of my Christian friends think mediation is evil and can lead to demons entering your body. I wonder if somehow the church knows it may make people more liberal?
edit on 29-6-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Do you deny the scientific importance behind what they posted and sourced?

LoL yes I deny it completely.........I guess that makes me a "science" denier.....lol

Liberal "scientist" doing a study on how much more "evolved" liberals are, magically come to the conclusion they are "superior"

Give me a break

So much for science right? wheres the peer review proving this is even close to factual

I can show you a "study" on damn near anything

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

An excellent example of diversionary tactics.

"Something like" but not real sure.

So it automatically becomes a "maybe possible".

The perfect disclaimer.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Isn't that exactly the reaction someone who doesn't like the science would react?

The fMRI scans speak for themselves. People aren't necessarily born liberal or conservative, it appears environment plays a large role, more so than genetics.

Remember, don't meditate if you want to stay conservative!

It's funny, a lot of my Christian friends think mediation is evil and can lead to demons entering your body. I wonder if somehow the church knows it may make people more liberal?

Wait so because I reject something thats obviously full of bias, and directed towards marginalizing a whole group of people because they dont think like them........

im a science denier?

PS, I meditate all the time......ive also been a traditional martial artist since I was 12....

guess what, Still a conservative!

Im also a christian, and I dont know one single christian, in my whole life, who thinks meditation lets demons in, I think youre making that up

Whose the one making assumptions now?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If liberals were so awesome, if liberal ideologies were so great, if liberals weren't so bigoted, then why aren't liberal-run cities and towns shining beacons of utopian delights?

Why aren't liberal states awesome?

We've been at "war with poverty" for decades.

Have the great liberal solutions worked?

Or are the beautious liberals being thwarted at every step by their evil enemy, the dastardly conservative?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join