It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'll leave the conservatives to lick the wounds of their collective ego.

Best post in the thread. I'll join you.

Pfft. Eff that! Decades of delusion and lies about anything left of center... I'm tired of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MoreBeer

Why yes, being intolerant of intolerant people because they are intolerant is TOTALLY worse than just being intolerant to people for no reason. I can TOTALLY see how the left's rhetoric is worse than the right's. /sarc

Seriously, are you reading the words you are typing right now? You are honestly suggesting that condemning racists is worse than being a racist, and that doesn't even touch on all the science denialism and religious nonsense coming from the right as well. I would never suggest the left is a bastion of goodwill and awesomeness, but damn, if you were truly an independent you'd have said the reverse about who is spewing more lunacy.

Again this was MY opinion. Not some official law that should govern the laws of everyone.

The right is full of some crack pots but the left is worse in my opinion.

Of course you jump right to racism as well. Like every single right leaning person is a racist and a racist supporter. That is a flaw in your logic not mine. If a person is a racist I have no time for their thoughts or opinions. I judge a person / group based on their character not their skin color.

The left is equally full of people who hate anything white but I don't automatically label every left leaning person as racist.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But that's the thing! The views that the left are intolerant of are racist views. That's why I jumped to it. It's always some racist or bigoted issue that the right doesn't want to abandon. I'm also not saying that the left doesn't have bigots in it either, nor do I think that everyone on the right is a bigot. Some may just say these things because they don't know any better, not intending any harm or something. They just haven't thought the implications of their words out completely.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'll do you one better

Some people are bigots.
Some people seek authoritarian methods to enforce morals.
Some people are so consumed with hate and hyperbole they've lost all perception of actual reality.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

But that's the thing! The views that the left are intolerant of are racist views. That's why I jumped to it. It's always some racist or bigoted issue that the right doesn't want to abandon. I'm also not saying that the left doesn't have bigots in it either.

Ironic in that of all the racists I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, they were predominantly liberal.

That's why I've sided so much with conservatives.
edit on 29-6-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Yes, just like I would be implying all conservatives if I said conservatives were bigots. See? Come on now. If it was a mistake in semantics, no biggie.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Exactly! It's a matter of people. People are like this, it doesn't matter from which side of the political spectrum they are from. That is just how people are. Pointing out that one side has racists or the other side has racists is useless because it is a totality. You aren't ever wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: darkbake

I have ants in my apartment. How long until liberal animal-activists start trying to make my opinions about killing ants not politically correct? I don't know the answers to these questions, but believe me, that isn't too far-fetched. I've met some crazy liberals before. As I said, I lean to the left, but I notice the bigotry the left has these days, and it pisses me off. They need to simmer down a notch.

You kill ants? You monster!

Seriously, don't worry about it. What you are seeing is some small issues being over-hyped to make people think there are important differences between Republicans and Democrats. After seeing the Obama presidency of hope and change, a lot of people that supported Obama are wondering if it would have been significantly different under a Republican.

Sorry to say, you've got over another year of this coming. Main stream media will try to focus our attention on issues designed to divide people, while giving little coverage to issues that should unite us.

I agree, except that hard core liberals are buying it hook line and sinker. They act like they are the new master race.

Some of my very liberal friends were looking for a room mate in DC. They were talking to this one girl whi was really nice, but then they found out she was working for the RNC. You should have heard the things they said after she left.

I had to speak up. What they just did was discrimination. It was illegal. It was bigotry. Felonious Bigotry.

I bet you can guess how that went over.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

But that's the thing! The views that the left are intolerant of are racist views. That's why I jumped to it. It's always some racist or bigoted issue that the right doesn't want to abandon. I'm also not saying that the left doesn't have bigots in it either.

Ironic in that of all the racists I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with, they were predominantly liberal.

That's why I've sided so much with conservatives.

And since when has anecdotal evidence ever been valid evidence to classify the entire population?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: darkbake

I have ants in my apartment. How long until liberal animal-activists start trying to make my opinions about killing ants not politically correct? I don't know the answers to these questions, but believe me, that isn't too far-fetched. I've met some crazy liberals before. As I said, I lean to the left, but I notice the bigotry the left has these days, and it pisses me off. They need to simmer down a notch.

You kill ants? You monster!

Seriously, don't worry about it. What you are seeing is some small issues being over-hyped to make people think there are important differences between Republicans and Democrats. After seeing the Obama presidency of hope and change, a lot of people that supported Obama are wondering if it would have been significantly different under a Republican.

Sorry to say, you've got over another year of this coming. Main stream media will try to focus our attention on issues designed to divide people, while giving little coverage to issues that should unite us.

I agree, except that hard core liberals are buying it hook line and sinker. They act like they are the new master race.

Some of my very liberal friends were looking for a room mate in DC. They were talking to this one girl whi was really nice, but then they found out she was working for the RNC. You should have heard the things they said after she left.

I had to speak up. What they just did was discrimination. It was illegal. It was bigotry. Felonious Bigotry.

I bet you can guess how that went over.

Erm... No it wasn't illegal. It may have been mean, rude, unnecessary, and a whole slew of other negative adjectives, but at no time was it illegal.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

But they aren't in my book.

In MY opinion and life experiences, there are just as many white hating racists that are left leaning as there are black hating racists who are right leaning.

It may be shocking but I dislike both parties equally.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Now, I know what you meant when you said it lol but:

You aren't ever wrong.

If it should so happen that I die without friends or family... I am charging you with having this put as my epithet.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I don't like either party either. They are both overly polarized, but there is CERTAINLY a clear winner between which party is more racist than the other.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Look, not all liberals are bigots.

Some have a vestige of humanity left within their withered souls (if they even believe in souls) and occasionally (probably by accident) do the right thing.

I mean, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

So I will humbly grant that a few leftists have, on occasion, been correct in a few assertions, probably by accident. (When they aren't destroying the country with their liberalness.)

And since this is NOT a thread on conservative biggotry, I will refrain from providing my illuminating opinion on that distinct ideology. (They love kittens and have sunshine instead of heartbeats)

Hm? What did you say?

I got distracted watching the beam of light descending upon me from the heavens whilst the angels sing and play their harps for me and my words drop in gem like colors to the earth at my feet..

Now that you've been so generously clear in your opinion, I will roll my eyes and continue in the thread.

Leave it to Beezer!

- AB

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
a reply to: Rocker2013

NO punishment for having opposing views? Seriously? Liberals cyber bully businesses and people all the time. Sure, there's no law again having a dissenting opinion... but if you haven't seen a pack of liberals turn on someone who doesn't share their viewpoint you must be blind.

You mean the same way right wing Christian conservatives do every day?

Again, why is it okay for one group to have their opinion and express it, but "bullying" for the "evil liberals" to do the same?

You're just reinforcing my point that the conservatives are not being prevented from having an opinion and expressing it, they're just really angry that the society around them has the same opportunity to fight their opinions with an argument, and the society around you disagrees with you!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99
Liberals don't understand. Like most bigots, they think because there are no legal ramifications for their actions then it's completely okay. It's okay for them to call your opinions stupid because their opinions doesn't have any consequences as far as they're concerned, but it's not okay for you to disagree with them? Just because there may not be immediately apparent consequences doesn't mean you're not intolerant.
It's not as simple as an opinion being politely rejected by what you've somehow determined to be the majority of society. I see verbal attracts, attempts to ostracize, etc ALL. THE. TIME. The idea that just because there aren't legal consequences makes it okay is ridiculous.

Ah, I was waiting for the claim that it's "intolerant" to be intolerant of intolerance

That's basically what you're saying, right?
It's unfair that society is calling people out for being bigots, and it's "intolerant" to call people who are being intolerant bigots

Well, looks like we're back to freedom of speech and opinion, doesn't it?
Why is it okay for someone to be a hateful bigot, but unfair for someone to then call them a hateful bigot?

Really, I would love to know what the perceived solution to this is!
Like it or not, you have the right to be a bigot, and I have the right to call you a bigot if you express bigoted views. You don't get a free pass because you think you're righteous in your bigotry.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
One thing is for sure. Both parties are intolerant of the other.

But only one group is actually diminished in their lives and freedoms by the other.

Same sex mariage has absolutely no impact at all on any of the Conservative so-called "Christians" ranting about it. It makes absolutely no difference to their lives, it takes nothing at all away from them, they are not hindered or inconvenienced in any way whatsoever.

In contrast, same sex couples are directly impacted by an unfairness in society saying they are not "as relevant" as other couples. They are not legally supported in the same way, they don't have access to the same rights and freedoms of other couples.

So, one group is ranting about an issue that has absolutely no impact on their lives, simply because they want to enforce their religious ideas onto society, and the other group are directly harmed by the rejection of their partnership through inequality and unfair application of the law.

It's clear, for any decent and sane person, which side is right. One is a group deserving of equality, and the other is a group of religious fanatics not unlike the Islamic clerics and preachers of other nations.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I think you misunderstand the point. Bigotry does not require the banning of opposing opinions, It the the utter intolerance and venomous attacks against anyone whose views differ from yours that flies under the color of bigotry. In my experience, it is nearly impossible to have a discussion with a so called liberal without them insulting--almost immediately--anyone who presents a differing point of view. This thread is no different. They claim tolerance as a virtue, but only apply it to those with who think exactly as they do.

edit on 29-6-2015 by timequake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This is the point that seems to be lost on all the people critical of the liberals being supposedly bigoted. These people are unhappy BECAUSE they are being limited in their freedoms by other people who aren't affected by these rulings. Then they see these very same people act offended and feign persecution complexes when they get their bigoted laws overturned. To anyone watching from the outside, it should be plain as day which political party is more bigoted than the other.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Taking possible scenarios to the possible extreme is a symptom of a sore looser. It's fear mongering and a defensive tactic aimed at "circling the wagons".

We can take anything to the extreme:

What if conservatives allow everyone to own nuclear weapons? My next door neighbor doesn't know how to handle nuclear weapons, but he bought one off some guy and has it in his back yard. I'm worried it might leak radiation, but that's my problem not his -- it's his right to own whatever weapons he wants. I have the supposed freedom to move away if I want too.

What happens if conservative Christians take over the federal government and declare Christianity the "official" national religion? I'm not Christian and now I'm being sent to a "education camp" where I get an entire life's worth of Bible study done in 6 weeks. Attending this camp has cost me my job though, as the corporation I worked for had no laws requiring any kind of job safety for it's workers.

My friend is a gay Muslim, and he can't find anyone who will take his money. No one wants to do business with him. He can't get a job, have his car worked on, get internet service, or even a place to rent. Everyone claims it's their "right" to refuse him service because of his sexuality and religion. He should have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness -- but because Christianity is now the official state religion, he's out of luck. He's homeless, so I let him sleep in my garage at great peril to myself. My neighbors might find out and harass me. They won't get arrested though, it's my fault I protect him. I should move if I don't like it I'm told.

There are a lot more homeless people now. For some reason all the conservative people ended all social safety nets and allowed companies to do whatever they wanted. All the former "freedom at all costs!" people are now begging for food and pretending to be Christian prophets to get money. They thought that they'd be able to trap, hunt, and grow all the food they need -- they ended up having a lot of hunting accidents and shooting each other. It turns out most of them don't know how to hunt, and the ones that do hunted out all the game. We haven't seen a deer in America in 20 years.

I could go on and on and on...

I don't want society to go backwards. The rest of the industrialized world will continue to make forward moving social changes and America will descend into a dark, rural, backwards, barbaric place run by a few rich corporate oligarchs. We're talking "Hunger Games" type of life, run by religious fanatics.

Do you want to live in a religious theocracy like Iran? If the conservatives had their way,you'd get an oppressive religious, corporate-owned theocracy.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join