It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Bigotry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Liberals are not saints.

You can't debate with me without changing the subject. I didn't say liberals were saints. I said there's no difference between liberals and conservatives, as the OP seems to think.

I took the OP to claim that liberals were bigots.

And I'd have to agree with the OP.

To claim all the people in a given political "side" are bigots, whether liberal or conservative, is a bigoted stance.

Just throwing that out there. You might be able to claim that for say, the KKK, or other group known specifically for their bigotry, but really, ALL LIBERALS? Meh. You go too far, sir. You go too far. I hope you will retract the implied "all" and say, well "some" liberals seem to be bigoted, and "some" seem to not be bigoted. Be fair, sir, be fair...

Here, I'll start. Some conservatives seem to have bigoted views, some do not. On an individual basis, I find people are much more open than when drawing lines in the sand for their political "side." For example, my brother is a die-hard fiscal conservative and self-interest doctrine follower on economic issues, however, on social issues, he is much more inclined to be liberal.

Go on. Try it! It's very freeing!!!

peace,
AB

edit on 29-6-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2015 by AboveBoard because: no need to sign-off twice!!

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Liberals today - evil and sinister!
*For the record I am neither liberal, nor conservative, nor anything else sided. I am myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This bigotry is part of the new liberal indoctrination.

The are tolerant and accepting of views only if they are exactly what they believe. They attack anyone they disagree with by referring to them as conservatives or Republicans. Like this is some kind of scarlet letter.

They bitch and moan about Republicans, conservatives, and right-wingers all day long but what they fail to realize is they are every single bit as bad in their bigoted views if not more so.

I'm registered as independent and can see the lunacy of both sides. In the past 10 yrs the lunacy coming from the left far out weighs the lunacy from the right.

What they are is modern day left-wing fascists.

link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Liberals today - evil and sinister!
*For the record I am neither liberal, nor conservative, nor anything else sided. I am myself.

I'm considered a liberal by some people....

I want the same thing for you as I want for myself...Peace, grace and fulfillment....how is that evil and sinister?

Is wanting equality for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, religion, or fashion sense or stupid haircuts...evil and sinister?
edit on 29-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

It is THE prevailing opinion... like 99.999%. It has always been the prevailing opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreBeer

And what the hell did you just do?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: beezzer

I took the OP to claim that liberals were bigots.

And I'd have to agree with the OP.

So, it's that simple. All liberals are bigots. Beezer that is an acidic comment and a veritable atrocity of prejudice and misinformation. I would not say that about conservatives, because it would be a lie, the same as it is about liberals. What do you even think the word "liberal" means anymore? I don't think it's as laissez faire as you might think, and certainly not as insidious.

*sigh*

Did I say, "all"?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Stated my opinion.

Sorry if it hurts your feelings.

What are you trying to imply?
edit on 29-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Did I say "all"?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

That you just engaged in blatant hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I'm considered a liberal by some people....

I want the same thing for you as I want for myself...Peace, grace and fulfillment....how is that evil and sinister?

Wow. Thanks for that. I feel the same way. And that includes I want people to be able to sit down to a decent meal at night, and be able to see a doctor or go to the hospital when they are sick or injured. I want them to not have to expend every ounce of their energy wondering how they are going to get through the day, fill the car with gas and make ends meet -- all those things many of us take for granted, And then -- maybe they can free their thoughts to think about other issues, pursue dreams, work on making themselves and their children better people.

But it goes back to the 'pecking order". People keeping other people down, so they can somehow feel superior.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Hm. You said you agreed with the opening post, and that's what's implied.

*prickly-pear bunny.

link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

That you just engaged in blatant hypocrisy.

Right because I stated an opinion that you disagreed with in a thread that was designed to talk about this sort of thing. You are engaging in the exact kind of practices and mind sets I highlighted in my post.

I never go out of my way to bash liberals or conservatives. Both can be as equally nutty in my book.

Sorry I'll clear my words and thoughts with the Ministry of Truth the next time I participate in a thread that you have posted in.

edit on 29-6-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

link   
Look, not all liberals are bigots.

Some have a vestige of humanity left within their withered souls (if they even believe in souls) and occasionally (probably by accident) do the right thing.

I mean, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

So I will humbly grant that a few leftists have, on occasion, been correct in a few assertions, probably by accident. (When they aren't destroying the country with their liberalness.)

And since this is NOT a thread on conservative biggotry, I will refrain from providing my illuminating opinion on that distinct ideology. (They love kittens and have sunshine instead of heartbeats)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Why yes, being intolerant of intolerant people because they are intolerant is TOTALLY worse than just being intolerant to people for no reason. I can TOTALLY see how the left's rhetoric is worse than the right's. /sarc

Seriously, are you reading the words you are typing right now? You are honestly suggesting that condemning racists is worse than being a racist, and that doesn't even touch on all the science denialism and religious nonsense coming from the right as well. I would never suggest the left is a bastion of goodwill and awesomeness, but damn, if you were truly an independent you'd have said the reverse about who is spewing more lunacy.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This is a roundabout way of saying that most liberals ARE bigots, which you just got done telling me wasn't the case.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

This is a roundabout way of saying that most liberals ARE bigots, which you just got done telling me wasn't the case.

So which is it?

Are all liberals bigots?
Are most liberal bigots?
Are just some liberals bigots?
Or are just a few liberals bigots?
Are no liberals bigots?

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'll leave the conservatives to lick the wounds of their collective ego.

Best post in the thread. I'll join you.

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You don't seem to be making much sense, like you're having a whole different argument and assigning attributes to me, personally, that there is no basis for.
edit on 6/29/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So which is it?

Are all liberals bigots?
Are most liberal bigots?
Are just some liberals bigots?
Or are just a few liberals bigots?
Are no liberals bigots?

I bolded the right answer. The word "some" is logically defined as at least 1.
edit on 29-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join